Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Next Head Coach Will NOT Get a Free Pass

Springfield

Will YOU still take the H1N1 vaccine?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will YOU still take the H1N1 vaccine?

• Yes, It's safe enough
    • No, not It's untested and dangerous

People point to the overnight success jobs the Dolphins and Falcons were. While both teams are decent now, I still don't see them as SB contenders. Maybe in 2 years, which is what I'm hoping we can do with a legitimate FO structure and coach.

If we can somehow make the jump to a probably 5 wins this year to 10-11 wins next year, that's great, but I want to be the kind of team that is a legitimate contender for a title every year, like Indianapolis. Obviously having a HOF QB helps them, but people don't realize how well they draft. I can't remember the last time they signed a significant FA. They basically have most of their guys playing off their rookie deals, which is very efficient if you can draft well.

If we are going to be a Superbowl contender for a decade, next season will have to be bad.

We will have to have a stellar draft class and those young guys will have to get on the field and play.

Lots of rookies equals few wins. Thats just how it is. But as long as those rookies are no longer playing like rookies in November/December, I'll be thrilled

So, supposed the next gets fired under your scenario then what in 2011? Same and if you standards aren't met in 2011, then we have another coach in 2012?

You only get rid of a coach after one season if it's clear the guy can't coach or handle the job. Zorn showed last season after the early start that he was outclassed and he is definitely showing it this year.

This team needs a complete overhaul. If it was a retooling, then you would have higher expectations. I have no expectations for 2010 other than this team finally takes the steps to build the team right. Now it is possible you could do what Atlanta and Baltimore did but they have quality people running the show. We don't and it doesn't look like we will.

So, supposed the next gets fired under your scenario then what in 2011? Same and if you standards aren't met in 2011, then we have another coach in 2012?

You only get rid of a coach after one season if it's clear the guy can't coach or handle the job. Zorn showed last season after the early start that he was outclassed and he is definitely showing it this year.

This team needs a complete overhaul. If it was a retooling, then you would have higher expectations. I have no expectations for 2010 other than this team finally takes the steps to build the team right. Now it is possible you could do what Atlanta and Baltimore did but they have quality people running the show. We don't and it doesn't look like we will.

The problem is that none of this sells tickets. Winning today, or tomorrow at the latest, sells tickets.

You're bananas if you think it isn't going to take a rebuilding process to make this team relevant again.

Bill Walsh couldn't turn this team into a SB contender, and I'm not one of those gloom and doom fools that predict the sky is falling all the time. There are serious concerns with depth, talent, and money structure on this team, and it WILL take a few years to make us good again.

If you want immediate production, a very good coach might make us a wildcard contender. If that's what you want, then that's great. If we want a Super Bowl contender, we're going to need a couple bad years and an infusion of drafted talent.

Why a good coach and a good QB and. 2 oline men in the free anget pool that might do it let's not forget this team has talent on DFence and offence

Archived