Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerry Gray talks about "team segmentation" on John Thompson show today

HigSkin

Who the hell said Gray was invited into the meetings between Zorn and Blache? If you think all coaches collaborate, then explain the Gibbs-Saunders ordeal? We couldn't even get a play out on the field half the time because the right hand didn't talk to the left hand. I also didn't see Gibbs talking to Greg Williams about defensive calls. Almost all HC's that are former OC's handle the offense and leave the defense to the DC. It also works the other way, former DC's who are now HC's are involved with the defensive schemes. Do you think Billick or Harbaugh interfered with Marvin Lewis or Rex Ryan? How about Belicheck with Charlie Weis or Josh McDaniels? I think people are reading too much into something that is not there.

Who the hell said Gray was invited into the meetings between Zorn and Blache? If you think all coaches collaborate, then explain the Gibbs-Saunders ordeal? We couldn't even get a play out on the field half the time because the right hand didn't talk to the left hand. I also didn't see Gibbs talking to Greg Williams about defensive calls. Almost all HC's that are former OC's handle the offense and leave the defense to the DC. It also works the other way, former DC's who are now HC's are involved with the defensive schemes. Do you think Billick or Harbaugh interfered with Marvin Lewis or Rex Ryan? How about Belicheck with Charlie Weis or Josh McDaniels? I think people are reading too much into something that is not there.

First off, just because the head coach knows what's going on defensively doesn't mean that they'd interfere with it.

Secondly, you don't need to stand right next to each other in order to have a conversation... That's why you see guys on headsets. Now, I'm not sure if the head coach has the ability to switch from the offensive channel to the defensive channel, but they absolutely should have that ability. High school coaches have that ability.

I almost guarantee you that Belichick knows exactly what's going on with his defense.

Get used to Gray...

During the bye week, Zorn will be fired, and Gray will be your interim HC. During the offseason Gray will compete against the likes of Gruden and Shanny to keep the job. If he doesn't keep the job, expect Blache to retire and Gray to be the DC for Skins. Writing is on the wall.

I wish we would have just hired Zorn to be a coordinator like he was originally hired for

And have a cardboard cutout as the head coach? Or worse, Fassel? Most decent candidates turned Snyder down cold for the head gig. He had to give it to somebody.

Archived