Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally tearin' up the Bucs

@DCGoldPants

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Could this mean Marvin Lewis will be our next DC?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's a good chance if we make him an attractive offer. I remember reading somewhere though that he would like to stay with the Ravens if he doesn't get a head coaching position. It'll have to be a sweet deal to lure him away.

This should definitely take the heat off Dan Snyder for a while. The Glazer brothers, the Farrelly brothers......what's the difference besides the comedy act? I really feel sorry for Rich McKay through all of this. Now wonder he wants out of Tampa.

Hey, we're the home of the sweet deal!<br /><br />The funny thing is the Ravens have already announced Mike Nolan (gack!) as Lewis' replacement (although not formally).<br /><br />The Ravens have lost a lot of players on defense. I think we could get him.<br /><br />Another question is why he keeps blowing interviews.

Lewis has been pretty up front that he'd probably stay with the Ravens if he didn't get a HC gig.<br /><br />Course Marty was adamant that he wouldn't work for Snyder. And Spurrier would never leave Florida.<br /><br />I'm sure Lewis means to stay in Baltimore, but Snyder can be surprisingly persuasive, and not just with the dollars.

from what we have seen from the Bucs' ownership and front office, I don't think Lewis himself had much to do with this situation.<br /><br />what puzzles me is, if Lewis as a DC, reminds the owner so much of Dungy then why was he on the short list of candidates to begin with?<br /><br />Don't the GM and owner ever talk down there in Tampa?

They were on my list of franchises in sports that had management, coach and players as key, but I don't believe I included the owners, whom I have always regarded as somewhat off target on upper echolon acquisitions, not because they don't know who, but are sometimes too cheap compared to competition or are afraid of being dominated by a beter, beautiful mind.<br /><br />If I did include the owners it was based on the acquisition of Tony Dungy, when noone would take that chance and allowing Dungy to grow the defense he wanted.<br /> <br /> <small>[ February 08, 2002, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: indyskinsfan ]</small>

The difference is that Lewis was responsible for his team winning the superBowl even hough Billick gets away with taking all of the credit.<br /><br />I would love for them to return to their losing ways.<br /><br />That would be poetic justice but in a division with AtL, Carolina and the Saints its doubtful.

I wouldn't neccessarily say ATL and Carolina will be worse off than the Ravens. The Ravens were slow to really put some top flight receivers in the offense, for which Billick said he does well at. Ismail is a #2 these days, not a number 1, and Shannon Sharpe is a TE, not a WR, thus to get him the ball, means you are missing a big enough blocker on blitzes, while he's running downfield. Couple that with Elvis Grbac's abilities to say, lets see who gets paid like him...Rich Gannon, and Grbac would be the understudy. <br /><br />He's just not fast enough, read quick enough to get them over the hump. Now that the QB market is thin and they're locked into an Elvis contract (let the buyer beware), they won't do diddly and the defense will come unglued in 2003. Don't be surprised to see Baltimore at the bottom in 2002.<br /><br />Oh forgot to mention that KC is good at selling BS!<br /><br />Just because of a rep there, doesn't really constitute much. After Gonzalez, I don't see anything I would want there, so when the Ravens jumped at Elvis, I kept my mouth shut until the season was over. I never liked him and thought that what worked at KC was what worked in NE, it's just that the "Brady Bunch" was better at it.<br /><br />There are two or three numer 8's in KC, the rest are 4's. NE has 7's across the board, maybe one 8 and NO 9 or 10's. St. Louis has 5 9's, 2 8's, and the rest 5's. When the 9 and 8's leave, be careful to reach the light in the ceiling, because it's got cobwebs in the basement.<br /> <br /> <small>[ February 08, 2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: indyskinsfan ]</small>

It's so funny. Bucs fans are still thinking that they can get Gruden in 2003. Go with an interim coach in 2002 and then hire Gruden in 2003.<br /><br />In 2003 when Gruden is free agent; several teams will go after him. Why even Jerry Jones might even go after him. Gruden will have more options than the Bucs in 2003.

Archived