Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it bad that the most exciting news I'm awaiting to hear is Zorn getting fired?

Demicidal

I bet that Zorn will not get fired, but if team finishes at .500 or lower he will step down on his own or take a demotion, Bill Cower would become the Head Coach, Vinny Cerrato would become cheif of operations at FedEx field and charge people $1 who use the port o pottys

It's not so much expecting him to be those guys, it's knowing that if he's NOT one of those guys the Skins have no chance at the SB. I do agree 100% that a great coach can make a mediocre QB look good, a great QB can make a mediocre coach look good, but a mediocre QB and a mediocre coach are a disaster. I am just not exactly ready to throw in the towel on Zorn until I see him with another QB.

And you know what, if Zorn is given that chance I wouldn't be mad. I'd hope for the best. It would be ideal to see Zorn as a Off. Coord/play caller. And Holmgren as HC/GM. I just think the extra responsibility of a HC is weighing zorn down and stunting his QB's development.

I bet that Zorn will not get fired, but if team finishes at .500 or lower he will step down on his own or take a demotion, Bill Cower would become the Head Coach, Vinny Cerrato would become cheif of operations at FedEx field and charge people $1 who use the port o pottys

That's a great sig.

Think about this. Campbell never got Saunders offense. Campbell has yet to grasp this offense. Now you want this coach to leave and get another offense in here? Really? Wouldn't you rather Zorn stayed and the Skins tried a new QB just to see where the problem lies?

Good point!!! :point2sky

I truly feel Zorn's offense would rock & roll with another QB leading it. Just like in 07 we sucked untill Todd Collins stepped onto the field. We were a new team that beat every team in our way to the playoffs.

I've got a question for you that I will answer. How do you gain experience? You gain it while working. The guy is learning and trying new things, he's not the one out there getting crucial penalties, missing blocks, dropping passes, missing throws, running routes short of first downs. Yeah some of that is on him for the players not being in position, but eventually the players who have been here got to be accountable. He is trying new things to get this offense working if you actually pay attention, and stop listening to what people tell you. People ***** about continuity, but then want the coach fired after a year and a quarter, you can't have it both ways.

And I'm glad his gaining that experience. But he jumped from a QB coach to OC, and then a HC? One step at a time. I want him to gain experience but not at the expense of the season. He wants to try new things thats what practice and preseason are for. Most of you misunderstand me - I like zorn, and I think we'll regret firing him from the team. I just want him fired/demoted as HC

You know what, I like your choices. But I'd choice Dungy over Holmgren. I kinda forgot about Gruden wanting to coach. I'd just be kinda scared to hire him. Most of the time he makes great position, and play calling choices. But every once in a while he'll throw a curve ball that bites him in the ***. But he is more then qualified, and I think he has the hunger - even though his already won a SB. After his last year I think he has something to prove.

I guess I'm still in love with Gregg Williams blitz blitz, man, **** zone coverage defense. And Blaches more "structured" defense is something new.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Gruden's. He's younger than most other candidates and has a great track record. I like him for the fact that he could be a great long-term solution at coach, who has the experience and ring but still has the fire of which many other big-name coaches may lack.

And I'm with you on GW. I never wanted him to leave, I thought that working under Gibbs for a few years he would have learned alot from a HOF coach. And frankly, he deserved the job, since his unit was consistently good (minus the fluke '06 season).

I still like Zorn as he seems to be a nice, down to earth guy. I feel kind of bad for him as this team was handicapped from the start. Not many coaches would be successful when you have a porous OL protecting one of the worst starting QBs in the league. That is a recipe for disaster.

I don't think firing Zorn mid season will help anything. Just remind any prospective head coaches how impatient Snyder is and how F'd up things are with this organization.

When Gregg Williams was fired I was devastated. The defense, under Williams ranked 4th (at its lowest point). And it seemed like he, and Gibbs had a great coaching relationship. I think Gibbs expected Williams to be the new HC once he left. But for some reason, Williams was let go. When I heard Williams left jacksonville I was 100% sure we was coming back to D.C. But from what I understand Snyder and Williams didn't get along. And I suspect Snyder hated having Gibbs as a GM - but couldn't do a damn thing to him, or the fans would riot - hence why he took it out on GW.

I'd be nice if he could stay on as QB coach, but he might have too much pride to just get demoted. Most people actually have too much pride to do that.

I want him as Off. Coord, not QB coach his too good to be a QB coach. But his pride, and the way things in D.C have gone for him are going to be reasons why he leaves.

And I don't think we should fire him mid-season, I think that will just hurt Zorn more. We just need to start anew with zorn next season, and pick up a new HC and GM. GRUDEN DUNGY FOR THE WIN!

I liked Zorn when he came in, really did. I thought he would've been a GREAT Off. Coordinator - and was going to add some fresh blood to a VERY old coaching staff. Deep down inside I kinda wish he would still become the Off. Coordinator - But after being a H/C thats not likely.

Anyways usually after every redskins loss, or near loss, to remede my redskin heart I usually play Madden (got my own DAMN sexy franchise) and just trash any team in my way. In madden I trade players like crack heads trade....will you know. But sadly I can't fire my head coach and make my dream team coaching staff I want. So I'm doing it here!

(and please join in, and make your own supreme coaching staff)

H/C - Holmgren, a outstanding Head Coach, and even better play caller. He also truly LOVES football. Something I think zorn is missing. Zorn loves the players, but not the game. Holmgren loves both. Also holmgren can developed young talent, and rework veteran talent.

O/C - Lewis, I think if we do get Holmgren pairing him back up with Lewis would be great. Their "terminology" is the same, and they obvisously like eachother. Personally I think the hiring of Lewis mean Holmgren is coming - Lewis is just there to test things out, and report back to Holmgren.

D/C - Greg Blache, but only because I can't think of anyone else to replace him. John Fox would be a good choice, but I'm sure he'll find a job more appealing for him once he gets the axe. Gregg Williams should've never been fired IMO, when I heard Gibbs retired I was positive Williams was going to be the new H/C.

FIRE BUGEL! I know his been around for ages, and I think he should still be in the staff, just not as a OLC.

We need new blood, new coaching styles. Look how long it took us to start using the F-ing shotgun?! One of the problems in this franchise is coaches. You can't just fire and hire ONE coach. You have to revamp the WHOLE staff. Give the new H/C the people he wants and needs.

HTTR

I just got off another thread, and I, too said this was coming. I think Blache will be gone, though. He doesn't like to blitz, which will end up being his downfall.

I think firing Zorn right now would be one of the dumbest things Snyder has ever done. Not because Zorn is morphing into Belichick week by week but, because it would show the lack of patience and why things will never really change under Danny.

Zorn at least deserves the rest of the season to prove himself.

I think firing Zorn right now would be one of the dumbest things Snyder has ever done. Not because Zorn is morphing into Belichick week by week but, because it would show the lack of patience and why things will never really change under Danny.

Zorn at least deserves the rest of the season to prove himself.

If he fires Zorn, the fans will complain.

If he does not fire Zorn, the fans will complain.

It's bad, because it makes you look like a fool in my book. You don't know what's going on in the meetings, you don't see the game tape, you have no idea how the players feel about their headcoach.

Zorn has been here for a year and half, Rome wasn't built in a day you know? Zorn isn't what's holding back this team.

It's the players. This team was in need of a serious overhaul, yet Snyder and Cerrato continued to overestimate the talent base of this team and applied patchwork rather than grow some ****ing balls and start the long overdue rebuild process.

Replacing Zorn isn't going to help this franchise one bit and if you think that Shanahan or any of those other retreads will fare any better you're kidding yourself.

I don't so much think Zorn will be done in the middle of the season. But let's say the Skins start off 2-6, then finish the season 6-2--a reverse of last year. What does that say about Zorn then? Is it because of Zorn? Is it because of Sherman Smith (assuming the offense becomes a little more potent in the coming weeks)?

If it's another 8-8 season, but with a good turnaround with wins against the tougher teams at the tail end of our schedule, that should be good for Zorn, right? It will be then when Snyder will really be in a bind. A coach who may be showing promise, but in week 4 wanted to bring in an extra set of eyes to oversee him.

If Zorn gets canned after another 8-8 season, where he did well towards the end, it will be that much tougher for Snyder to bring in a quality coach. It is more justified and understandable to let him go if Zorn craps the bed and goes 5-11 this season.

But again, in no circumstance should Zorn be fired mid-season. It's wrong and will potentially ruin his future, write off the season, and make it that much harder for anyone to take Snyder seriously during the next interview process.

(and please join in, and make your own supreme coaching staff)

Although I disagree with you for excitedly waiting for Zorn to get fired, i will play the dream staff game with you.

HC-Mike Shanahan he can bring in whomever he wants

Although Jeremy Bateswould be at the top of this list

DC-Get someone from an agrresive scheme like the Steelers:

Butler_Keith.jpg

Keith Butler

Linebackers; born May 16, 1956, Anniston, Ala. Linebacker Memphis 1974-77. Pro linebacker Seattle Seahawks 1978-1987. College coach: Memphis 1990-97, Arkansas State 1998. Pro coach: Cleveland Browns 1999-2002, joined Steelers in 2003.

He can put together the rest of the staff himself

or

HC-Jerry Gray

DC-Keith Butler

OC-Any up and coming WCO OC who is willing to take a Assistant HC title like Darrel Bevel

or a up and coming assistant/QB coach like Jeremy Bates formerly from Denver or Tom Clements in Green Bay

I still like Zorn as he seems to be a nice, down to earth guy. I feel kind of bad for him as this team was handicapped from the start. Not many coaches would be successful when you have a porous OL protecting one of the worst starting QBs in the league. That is a recipe for disaster.

I don't think firing Zorn mid season will help anything. Just remind any prospective head coaches how impatient Snyder is and how F'd up things are with this organization.

It really goes much deeper than that though. When you are force fed your coaching staff that you've never worked with then you have to teach them your philosophy, you are working with a pretty big handicap.

What was Bill Parcels saying? If you’re going to cook the meal you would at least like to be able to shop for some of the groceries. Well you could probably do a much better job if you’re using your own pots and pans and also cooking in your own kitchen.

I remember when Joe Gibbs first came here in 81, he put together what was called the best coaching staff ever assembled and was given the leeway to do so. I would have loved to see what Zorn could have done with that type of freedom.

It really goes much deeper than that though. When you are force fed your coaching staff that you've never worked with then you have to teach them your philosophy, you are working with a pretty big handicap.

What was Bill Parcels saying? If you’re going to cook the meal you would at least like to be able to shop for some of the groceries. Well you could probably do a much better job if you’re using your own pots and pans and also cooking in your own kitchen.

I remember when Joe Gibbs first came here in 81, he put together what was called the best coaching staff ever assembled and was given the leeway to do so. I would have loved to see what Zorn could have done with that type of freedom.

I fully agree. The process of hiring a staff and then the head coach is totally backwards and that is on Dan/Vinny. It would've been interesting to see who Zorn would have targeted for his staff considering he had never even been an OC before.

Is it bad that the most exciting news I'm awaiting to hear is Zorn getting fired?

Really. The firing of Cerrato (I can dream.) and Zorn would be the best thing we can hope for out of this season. Well, second best to Snyder selling the team to someone with football intelligence.

It's no surprise that Skins fans love some good ol drama. I think you're buying into it because that's all they talk about on the radio. Every move seems to be somehow tied to Zorn getting pushed out the door.

If I had a team, I'd want Holmgren as GM and Gruden as HC. Blache can stick around, but who knows how long he'll want to coach, so I'll be looking for him to groom his replacement in some years. Of course the DC job will be Holmgren's choice, but I'd imagine Blache is more than qualified.

Just giving credit where credit is due. Hopefully Zorn will step down from HC and become the OC

Archived