Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Offense (Zorn Era)

dcoles11

Today's game was number 20 of the Jim Zorn lead Redskins, a nice even number to look back from and do some reflection.

Under Jim Zorn the Skins have scored a total of 321 points in 20 games, thats an average of 16.05 points a game.

The highest point total for any game was 29 vs the Saints in week 2 of his first season.

The lowest point total was 6 in week 9 vs the Steelers.

The Redskins have scored 20 or more points in only 7 of the 20 games under Jim Zorn.

The Jim Zorn Redskins have not one time scored 30 points or more in a game.

The Redskins under Zorn have never won a game by more than 8 points, that coming against the 0-16 Lions in week 8.

Of the 10 wins the Redskins have under Zorn, the average margin of victory is 4.6 points. Meaning each game under Zorn, the outcome has been in doubt until the final minutes or even seconds. Also meaning the Redskins under Zorn have never once blown out a team. You'd have to go back to December 23rd of 2007 for the last time the Redskins won in blow out fashion, that being a win over the Cowboys in week 17, 27-6.

To summarize, under Jim Zorn the Redskins cannot score 30+ points in a game, they only score 20+ points about 33% of the time, and they cannot win a game by more than one possession.

With offensive stats like that, the best you can hope to be is .500, like last season ,8-8.

We all hope it gets turned around and this season will be a good one, but the evidence points in the opposite direction. The Zorn experiment is a failure, I'll be shocked if he makes it to the end of the year.

We all hope it gets turned around and this season will be a good one, but the evidence points in the opposite direction. The Zorn experiment is a failure, I'll be shocked if he makes it to the end of the year.

I can't make up my mind of how much of the problem is the coach and how much are the players.

I think that good coaching gets or creates production from his players.

And i don't think Zorn is getting the most out of the talent on this team especially Fred Davis, Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas and he is still imo running Portis too much.

Then i have questions about his playcalling and overall game design.

We run on 1st down, any defense worth their salt knows this.

Zorn's run, run, pass playcalling puts Campbell in obvious passing situations.

Zorn isn't very multiple in his sets and formations, he doesn't use alot of motion, and does create very many mis-matches or 'beat' the defensive scheme to the get receivers open.

Then there is his redzone and goal-to-go playcalling which has thus far has been awful.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Zorn 'genius' as a passing game coordinator.

The question is how do you replace an offensive coordinator when the coordinator is your Head Coach?

It bothers me that after 20 games, which I feel is enough evidence to prove something one way or another, that Zorn seems to be too stubborn to realize that maybe he has too much on his plate.

I think he should give up the play callling, but on the other hand i'm sure he feels like unless he himself turns this thing around he's going to get fired.

I understand the offensive offense but what I don't get is the players were so excited after the game and high-fiving Zorn. They should (based on talent) blow out TB but then we see the players and Zorn acting like they won a playoff game.

After the 6-2 start we were all excited about, the Jim Zorn Redskins have only averaged 13 points a game, down from 16.05, which is the average for all 20 games.

In the 12 games after the 6-2 start, the Redskins have scored 20 or more points, twice, going 1-1 in those games.

With averaging 13 points a game in the past 12, it is no wonder the Redskins are 4-8 over that stretch.

I think we can look forward to more points every week

We couldn't break 20 points against a stretch of the Rams, Lions, and Bucs, who have a combined record of 1-11.

What makes you think they are all of a sudden going to start scoring more points? Because the comp. is going to get better?

I don't remember a time when our offense didn't suck ass

I had to look at your age to realize YOU might have a point!!! Probably too young to remember the Super Bowl.

There was actually a time when more than one reciever had over 1000 yds., our DE's had double digit sacks, and we use to make the playoffs regularly...

Look what San Fran did to the Rams today. 35-0! This is how your suppose to beat a bad team. Not 9-7.

Technically, the special teams scored one TD and the defense 2 so the 49ers offense hung up 2 TDs on the Rams. Still better than us...with their most important offensive player injured.

The highest point total for any game was 29 vs the Saints in week 2 of his first season.

The Jim Zorn Redskins have not one time scored 30 points or more in a game.

To summarize, under Jim Zorn the Redskins cannot score 30+ points in a game, they only score 20+ points about 33% of the time, and they cannot win a game by more than one possession.

Who let you out of the department of redundancy department?

I would chill out, you haters are gonna start eating alot of crow- the skins are just not a quick score kinda team, they have long steady paced drives. Maybe not fan-friendly exsplosiveness, but they are in control. They have had trouble finishing drives but I see that coming to and end soon.

I would chill out, you haters are gonna start eating alot of crow- the skins are just not a quick score kinda team, they have long steady paced drives. Maybe not fan-friendly exsplosiveness, but they are in control. They have had trouble finishing drives but I see that coming to and end soon.

Did you really have to go there? The personal attack?

so theyve had trouble scoring points for about 15 games now, but all the sudden thats coming to an end?

id love to hear that explanation.

so theyve had trouble scoring points for about 15 games now, but all the sudden thats coming to an end?

id love to hear that explanation.

Its not about facts and logic around here, it's about giving your oh so important opinion and being a comedian in the process.

Go ahead and say, "I see it coming to an end" and don't bother with backing that up with any sort of facts to support it, just say it.

Did you really have to go there? The personal attack?

nice try. that wasn't a personal attack at all, I just pointed out that you said the same thing 3 times. Maybe you shouldn't do that. You wanna spit hate- don't cry when you get called out.

Its not about facts and logic around here, it's about giving your oh so important opinion and being a comedian in the process.

Go ahead and say, "I see it coming to an end" and don't bother with backing that up with any sort of facts to support it, just say it.

I guess we will just have to see... lets all bookmark and see who eats the crow... deal?

Archived