Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The BlackBerry Thread

MattFancy

I just bought the new Blackberry Bold 9700 on Tuesdy! My first real good phone, I had a Samsung flip phone forever.

I am still learning everything I have a lot of questions. I should probably read the whole manual. Does it cost money to download apps? Like I have the Yellowpages.com and the AT&T Navigator icons on my phone but I can't use them. I will download them right now if they are free. Also trying to figure how to make my screen light up when I get a text. And the internet is really tight but I want it to be faster, can more memory do that? And I don't really see much of a difference between MediaNet and the regular Browser, although for certain sites there certainly is a difference.

The thing that prevented me from getting an IPhone was basically the touch screen. I hated it and the keys kept messing up. Plus a new one is coming out in June so if I don't like my Blackberry by then and want an IPhone I can switch then.

There are a bunch of free apps, some you do have to pay for. Most of the apps I have are free. The BB Browser is kind of slow and most people recommend getting Opera or Bolt as your browser. I don't mind the BB browser though.

Some of the free apps I have are:

CNN

NYTimes

Score Mobile

SI.com

Google Maps

Fandango

Bank of America

UberTwitter

Facebook

Weatherbug

There are a bunch of free apps, some you do have to pay for. Most of the apps I have are free. The BB Browser is kind of slow and most people recommend getting Opera or Bolt as your browser. I don't mind the BB browser though.

Some of the free apps I have are:

CNN

NYTimes

Score Mobile

SI.com

Google Maps

Fandango

Bank of America

UberTwitter

Facebook

Weatherbug

Cool thanks. Dang if I had known the browser was so slow I might have gotten a different Blackberry or the iPhone. But then again I don't plan on being on the internet that much on my Blackberry, I do that enough when I am at home.

One small complaint is that the keys on my Bold are pretty small. But I can usually type my message with no mistakes.

Cool thanks. Dang if I had known the browser was so slow I might have gotten a different Blackberry or the iPhone. But then again I don't plan on being on the internet that much on my Blackberry, I do that enough when I am at home.

One small complaint is that the keys on my Bold are pretty small. But I can usually type my message with no mistakes.

Maybe its just where you are. Mine goes slow from time to time, but it usually isn't too bad.

I have the Tour and I love it. The keys are a little small, but I've gotten used to it.

Also trying to figure how to make my screen light up when I get a text.

You can set it so the LED flashes when you get a text.

The browser really depends on where you are. BB's web browser us terrible/ Hopefully they're coing out with a new GOOD one soon. I can get by OK with most cites, but others look like hot garbage.

As for free Applications

Poynt is cool for looking up restaraunts, getting directions, movies, yellowpages and even gas prices!

Of course....you need the Orioles.com app, abc! You can get that by going to the website via your phone and DL the icon.

Good job buying a blackberry... instead of a kids toy. ;)

Archived