Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Plane Spotted in Denver (Redskins Deny it is Football Related) MET

Timmy_Smith

i agree with you. although i don't understand why people are against it. If you're going to take the job in january, why not get 3 extra months work in? Thats 3 more months of evaluating talent in your system, checking out the lockerroom, etc etc.

That being said, I think its a bit rash to be behaving the way our fanbase is. The media i'll accept, because they need news to sell, and nothing sells like negative 'x franchise has hit the fan'. But lets be compeltely realistic here.

the team is 1-2.

They could become 14-2, or 1-15, or anywhere in between. Thats the reality of the situation. There's a reason they play the game, and don't just compare numbers on paper, to decide a winner. The cliche of 'any given sunday' is a cliche because its true - as lame as it is to use it.

Yes, we have 1 terrible loss, 1 terrible win, and 1 loss that should have been a win but we made too many mistakes to an oponent thats too good (giants).

Its unrealistic to expect them to make the playoffs based on tehir performance over the first 3 weeks. But if they start playing different... if the attitude changes... if momentum changes... anything is possible.

I'm a homer, I realise that, but this mentality that we're already doomed is getting a little ridiculous. People are preparing to wear bags over their head... To boo the team before they even play a snap (i'ma ll for booing a bad performance, but not when the team is introduced at the start of the game)...

It could honestly take 1 good drive to get everyone in rhythem for the rest of the season, 1 good game, hell, one good play. (I was hoping the moss TD last week would be teh spark, but it wasn't).

anyway, my .02, and didn't want to make a new thread.

I really couldn't agree more with you here. Very well-thought out post. Glad to see I'm not the only one not "chicken-littling" around here.

i agree with you. although i don't understand why people are against it. If you're going to take the job in january, why not get 3 extra months work in? Thats 3 more months of evaluating talent in your system, checking out the lockerroom, etc etc.

That being said, I think its a bit rash to be behaving the way our fanbase is. The media i'll accept, because they need news to sell, and nothing sells like negative 'x franchise has hit the fan'. But lets be compeltely realistic here.

the team is 1-2.

They could become 14-2, or 1-15, or anywhere in between. Thats the reality of the situation. There's a reason they play the game, and don't just compare numbers on paper, to decide a winner. The cliche of 'any given sunday' is a cliche because its true - as lame as it is to use it.

Yes, we have 1 terrible loss, 1 terrible win, and 1 loss that should have been a win but we made too many mistakes to an oponent thats too good (giants).

Its unrealistic to expect them to make the playoffs based on tehir performance over the first 3 weeks. But if they start playing different... if the attitude changes... if momentum changes... anything is possible.

I'm a homer, I realise that, but this mentality that we're already doomed is getting a little ridiculous. People are preparing to wear bags over their head... To boo the team before they even play a snap (i'ma ll for booing a bad performance, but not when the team is introduced at the start of the game)...

It could honestly take 1 good drive to get everyone in rhythem for the rest of the season, 1 good game, hell, one good play. (I was hoping the moss TD last week would be teh spark, but it wasn't).

anyway, my .02, and didn't want to make a new thread.

:applause:

Also, if anything is going to happen mid season, it would happen just before the bye week.

Not sure I'd agree making a change mid season though. I like fighting it out until the end.

When Zorn said he was sure he would be talking a lot with Dan Snyder this week, I do wonder what that means. Is Dan hugely involved with the day-to-day activities of the coach? Have these types of "meetings" been ongoing? Is that why Zorn said he is not concerned about his job? I wonder. I really just wonder.

I would only guess that coaches would be afraid of this "throw-away" season counting against them when THEY are being evaluated.

Ok, deja vu...Does the name Bill Ansparger ring a bell??? If this is another consultant thing, Dan is thinking about...IT AIN'T GONNA WORK...been there, done that.

Except that Arnsparger improved that defense in 1999 to the point where they were the leading the offense into the playoffs more so than vice versa.

If you didn't notice defensive improvements during the second half of 1999, you weren't paying attention.

I would only guess that coaches would be afraid of this "throw-away" season counting against them when THEY are being evaluated.

yeah, i figured that as well... i would just think the better coaches would be above that, if you will.

i just have to believe that in this sport, 3 months of extra work can make all the difference... if you come in in january you don't even see your guys in person until what - OTA's in May? (or is it april, i can't rmeember, might be june)

Getting in a few months of 5 day practice weeks has to have an advantage....

yeah, i figured that as well... i would just think the better coaches would be above that, if you will.

i just have to believe that in this sport, 3 months of extra work can make all the difference... if you come in in january you don't even see your guys in person until what - OTA's in May? (or is it april, i can't rmeember, might be june)

Getting in a few months of 5 day practice weeks has to have an advantage....

No, I'm with you. It seems like free practice, free player evaluation, etc.

Archived