Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East Package for Sale

skins fan1010

The following is for sale to all three home games against NFC East Opponents: Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants:

Four tickets Lower level 118 (ten yard line) 20 rows back

Four Tailgate Club Passes

One Orange Parking pass

This is a complete package deal, it cannot be broken up.

Total Package Price: $3,000

PM if interested

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. It appears the member is taking advantage of the free advertising service that ES membership provides in order that he may personally profit at the expense of his fellow member.

I think we'd be better off if the seller placed this ad elsewhere.

Of course, you could have chosen to simply ignore the ad.

I tell you what...I'll charge face value for these games--the best games on the schedule--if you promise to pay me:

1. face value for the Chiefs and Broncos games if I cannot get to them, plus

2. reimburse the 60% haircut that I ate for each of the preseason games; plus

3. (1-my tax rate)*the face value of the Bucs game, which I donated to charity;

Deal? You wouldn't want to personally profit at my expense, would you fellow skins fan?

We all know that if the Skins were fighting for the division title, these three games would go for much more than I am asking here. I could have posted these on NFC East team message boards and gotten my price, but then FedEx might look like it did for the Steelers game last year.

My asking price is very fair, and you can choose to ignore it.

I tell you what...I'll charge face value for these games--the best games on the schedule--if you promise to pay me:

Deal? You wouldn't want to personally profit at my expense, would you fellow skins fan?

We all know that if the Skins were fighting for the division title, these three games would go for much more than I am asking here. I could have posted these on NFC East team message boards and gotten my price, but then FedEx might look like it did for the Steelers game last year.

As a moderator, can also choose to delete it. :)

Look - I acknowledge it's hard to get what you paid overall, and we sympathize with that. All we ask is you don't use this free membership forum to sell your tickets at a profit. If you want to profit, please sell somewhere else.

Simply qualify your price (i.e. show us you are not profiting), and that would be fine.

As a moderator, can also choose to delete it. :)

Look - I acknowledge it's hard to get what you paid overall, and we sympathize with that. All we ask is you don't use this free membership forum to sell your tickets at a profit. If you want to profit, please sell somewhere else.

Simply qualify your price (i.e. show us you are not profiting), and that would be fine.

Sorry, I did not see anything in the forum rules about price caps. Where is that posted?

It's not.

There has been an understanding since the site was founded that sellers won't profit at the expense of buyers.

Some members' opinion is that anything above face is unfair. IMO and I think most members' opinion, face value is unreasonbly low, since we all know you can't get that for preseason. Therefore, I think most agree that face + 20% is fair for regular season tickets. The idea is the extra 20% makes up for the loss you would take on the preseason games.

If you need to charge more than that, qualify it. That would be okay, IMO.

Example: "I could only get face for the Rams game so I'm asking face plus 40% for the Eagles game."

Of course, I don't know what formula you'd use for the TG passes. It's hard to get cost for them, regardless of the game.

Face plus 20% is the norm by which I judge any and all ads here on ES. Even as a STH I think this is still slanted towards the buyers but that's ok. If I need to try and make some money back on my tickets I'll go the stubhub/CL route.

OP, threatening to take the offer to opponents boards is NOT going to win you any symapthy points, just makes you look like a ****.

Holy crap, I just added up all this (assuming he is in about the 33% tax bracket) and the total came to 4,572. You would however be getting 2 more games for that. That is just insane how much money you lose if you can't go to the games. You used to be able to sell just a couple games a year to help you pay for your season tickets, not anymore. The time will come again I guess. I am no longer as upset with op for asking for 3K. Doubt he will get it, but I understand now why he is asking so much.

It's not.

There has been an understanding since the site was founded that sellers won't profit at the expense of buyers.

... I think most agree that face + 20% is fair for regular season tickets.

Here is the way I look at it:

1. Any option has value even "out of the money" options. I was offering something of value to Skins fans for free. Even if Skins fans consider the strike price ($3000) out of the money, they paid nothing for the option. If Skins fans don't like the option they can ignore it;

2. If all Skins fan sites like ES place explicit or normative caps on the price that season ticket holders can ask, you will get one of several outcomes:

A. Season ticket holders in low tax brackets like me would donate fewer tickets to DC charities because they cannot make up the difference by selling exclusively to Skins fans;

B. ST holders who cannot go to a game would only sell to the highest bidding fans of the competition and make every game at FedEx look like last year's Steeler's game; or

C. thousands of Redskins fans would stop buying season tickets and the games would eventually be blacked out in DC (anything is possible);

Finally, why would the official Redskins Message Board want to subordinate one class of Redskins fans (season ticket holders) to another class (non-season ticket holders) with price controls? Is it planning on creating a rule that no one can pay less than face value, too?

It's not a rule. It's a guideline - and it's embraced by the membership. It's been in place here long before I ever got here.

You can make an argument for a higher price if you want. The membership will listen - briefly. But I can tell you from experience, unless you're selling Cowboys tix, the membership will almost certainly shout you down.

You can make an argument for a higher price if you want. The membership will listen - briefly. But I can tell you from experience, unless you're selling Cowboys tix, the membership will almost certainly shout you down.

I hear ya, but someone should make it clear to them that to the extent that it discourages season ticket holders from offering them free options, their shouting down only hurts them and their fellow Skins fans.

ES members (and moderators) should shout down those who shout down.

Good luck with this skins fan 1010, I too tried selling the tickets to the games i could not go to and with an increase in price to just make up for the preseason rip off games. I do think here the members want to go to the games but dont want to take the hit of buying season tickets for the games they cant go to or the preseason games. so they shop here only wanting to pay below face. I am sure many members do not have a chance at buying season tickets, but many i am sure choose not to so they do not take that hit. i am sorry members, but why do you think this is fair? lay out the cash and buy your own season tickets, look at the games this year, looks like there are a few out there yet.

I can appreciate you coming to ES first...but to consider selling these tickets to our division rival fans is just wrong.

If i were a season ticket holder i would rather sell my games at a loss as long as they were going to Skins fans rather that put some extra coin in my pocket and selling them to rival fans...sure, 3-4 fans of the other team sitting in my seats would be no big deal in the big picture, they would get seats anyways...but it's comparable to buying underage kids cigarettes or alcohol...just wrong.

...If i were a season ticket holder...

That first word in your sentence is the key: "If."

Talk to me when you shell out the money that I do. You need to walk a mile in my and other season ticket holders' shoes before you criticize what we do.

I have spent many games surrounded by opposing team fans. That will not end until Redskins fans step up and pay face value to Redskins' season ticket holders for games that they cannot attend.

That first word in your sentence is the key: "If."

Talk to me when you shell out the money that I do. You need to walk a mile in my and other season ticket holders' shoes before you criticize what we do.

I have spent many games surrounded by opposing team fans. That will not end until Redskins fans step up and pay face value to Redskins' season ticket holders for games that they cannot attend.

THEN DON'T BE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!!!

If you can't afford to take the hit on preseason games, or lose a little bit of money on non-marquee matchups, then don't buy season tickets!!!! Why do you have all of these tickets that you're not using yourself? Because you purchased season tickets with the intention of making money off fellow Skins fans.

Why should someone else have to pay those costs for you?

If you can't afford to take the hit on preseason games, or lose a little bit of money on non-marquee matchups, then don't buy season tickets!!!! Why do you have all of these tickets that you're not using yourself? Because you purchased season tickets with the intention of making money off fellow Skins fans.

Why should someone else have to pay those costs for you?

What do you do with all of your Redskins season tickets when you can't catch a flight from Arizona for a game?

What I can afford is not the issue. What is right is the issue. I might not be able to get to the Chiefs game. I can expect you to pay me face value for my tickets, right?

Not this year, have you seen what tickets are selling for? You buy tickets with the intention of going to the games, not to make money, and this year resale has tanked along with the economy. Don't expect to turn a profit this year. I am an STH and dealing with it, so deal with it or quit buying tickets.

What do you do with all of your Redskins season tickets when you can't catch a flight from Arizona for a game?

What I can afford is not the issue. What is right is the issue. I might not be able to get to the Chiefs game. I can expect you to pay me face value for my tickets, right?

I'm not a season ticket holder. I would not buy season tickets unless I was going to most of the games.

Archived