Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Playbook

Ghost of

He missed a wide-open ARE on the Thomas drop. WIDE OPEN.

But overall against the Rams, Zorn probably didn't give him enough chances -- I agree with that. And I think JC played well. I like the guy and am really rooting for him.

But I still think Zorn is getting unfairly bashed for a couple reasons. For one thing, if Sellars doesn't drop a gimme, people aren't freaking out this week.

For another, and this is what I was really trying to say before, we have always had problems scoring in the red zone with JC under center. Things tighten up in the red zone, which is not a good recipe for points when your QB is so conservative. You have to let your receivers make a play. The ARE interference call was a perfect example. ARE is in single coverage and JC chucks it into the stands.

I mean, against Philly, at least two of Brees touchdown passes were ones JC probably never even would have attempted.

Despite this, I still have a good feeling about this offense for some crazy reason.

First we have had problems scoring in the RZ before JC with Gibbs and Saunders. Second How can you throw to ARE in the back of the endzone he is not the WR who will go and get it. This is where play calling comes in why is that not Kelly or Mitchell back there someone who can get the jumpball. And Zorn gets the bashing because for 7 times in the RZ this year we have run on 1st down everytime, we have not run no playactions or bootlegs.

You can root for JC and be a fan of the guy like I am and still think he is part of the problem.

The stats don't lie.

He's beat one team not named Detroit by more than one score in his entire career. That is insane. Todd Collins -- and no I'm not saying JC shoudd be benched -- did it four times in five games.

He also has completed only 10 passes over 40 yards in his ENTIRE CAREER. McNabb completed eleven last year. In the West Coast offense. Without a dominant receiver. again, insane.

And the most damning stat maybe. Out of all the 219 passers in NFL history who have thrown at least 900 passes, Campbell ranks in a five-way tie for 201st at 3.1 percent in touchdown percentage. 201st in finishing drives, folks.

Again, I like the guy and hope he starts putting up points left and right. And I think he may.

But it's clear he needs to be more aggressive.

You can root for JC and be a fan of the guy like I am and still think he is part of the problem.

The stats don't lie.

He's beat one team not named Detroit by more than one score in his entire career. That is insane. Todd Collins -- and no I'm not saying JC shoudd be benched -- did it four times in five games.

He also has completed only 10 passes over 40 yards in his ENTIRE CAREER. McNabb completed eleven last year. In the West Coast offense. Without a dominant receiver. again, insane.

And the most damning stat maybe. Out of all the 219 passers in NFL history who have thrown at least 900 passes, Campbell ranks in a five-way tie for 201st at 3.1 percent in touchdown percentage. 201st in finishing drives, folks.

Again, I like the guy and hope he starts putting up points left and right. And I think he may.

But it's clear he needs to be more aggressive.

good point,But i think Coach Corn is the problem...I know JC miss Kelly on a deep TD route...Besides that the play calls were garbage...Coach Kline needs to imagine that the others Coaches on different teams are new born babies:laugh:

=dckey;6790238 Zorn told Sonny Jurgeson who is one of the best to play QB that if he was to audible out of his play that he would have pulled him out the game..

You have it wrong. That isn't what was said. Jurgy basically told Zorn he would have ignored the coach's play call and run his own play. Zorn said he'd pull him from the game if he did that. Zorn was right. Jurgy was wrong.

Archived