Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wheres the pass rush?

gostanford

The defense overall looked pretty good today, but one thing that to me is still strikingly absent is the pass rush. With all the talent we have on the D-line, im starting to think its blache's schemes. We simply dont get consistent pressure on the quarterback, whether its the Giants, even the RAMS :doh:

Most defenses rack up most of their sacks and pressures (and picks) when they have a lead. It's a lot easier that way.

You get up 2 TDs or more and then you just pin your ears back as they say and get after the QB. Just like Dallas did last year in a lot of their games, for example. Just like our '91 team used to do the last time we saw that kind of defense here in DC.

Unfortunately this defense never gets to play with a 2 or 3 touchdown lead. I'm sure if they ever did, they would be awesome to watch.

Seriously? Pass rush doesn't always = sacks if that is what you are basing it on...

Were never gonna win championships simply getting pressure... we need sacks. Just look at what eli did to the cowboys tonight. they got good pressure, but no sacks. he continued to get away from the pressure and make big plays.

Seriously? Pass rush doesn't always = sacks if that is what you are basing it on...

ditto...

dude our pass rush was more than enough in this game.. we didnt get the sacks but it was clear thatr Burger was rushing his throws or at least had to make adjustments on the fly because of our pass rush...

minus the missed tackle (horton) and poor angle taken (landry) by our safeties in that long Jackson run... I would take today's defensive performance any day...

Were never gonna win championships simply getting pressure... we need sacks. Just look at what eli did to the cowboys tonight. they got good pressure, but no sacks. he continued to get away from the pressure and make big plays.

if you are talking about what's gonna take for the Redskins to become a Championship caliber team, you are barking up the wrong tree...

its clear that is not our inability to generate our pass rush which wasn't the problem today but its our inability to score points...

Pass rush was great, Bulger had plenty of pressure on him.

However, I do think we should've had more sacks. I think the problem there was that our secondary wasn't covering recievers tight enough to make it happen. Bulger was going to automatic reads a split second after the snap. We had no chance to get to him on a lot of plays.

Pass rush was great, Bulger had plenty of pressure on him.

However, I do think we should've had more sacks. I think the problem there was that our secondary wasn't covering recievers tight enough to make it happen. Bulger was going to automatic reads a split second after the snap. We had no chance to get to him on a lot of plays.

You are exactly right!! Manning killed us last week with this same game plan and its the main reason we can't get off the field on 3rd downs. Our secondary has got to step up one day..LITERALLY!!

The four main rush was decent, especially compared to last year, but overall the pass rush wasn't that great. Getting one sack on the Rams o-line with Haynesworth, Carter, and Orakpo is pretty bad. We should have gotten at least 3 or 4.

We don't send enough creative blitzes. Lining up a safety or LB in a gap pre-snap, and letting them sit there while the o-line makes adjustments and sending the blitz exactly as advertised isn't an effective strategy, yet it's one we seem to employ pretty often.

Archived