Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Special Teams has been excellent

Warhead36

While the Offense continues to stink up the joint and the Defense remains inconsistent, our Special Teams has quietly been a backbone for us. Hunter Smith has been booming the ball and our coverage guys have kept everything under wraps(the Rams had at least a couple KO returns that couldn't even reach the 20). While Zorn and Blache have been failing, Danny Smith has been the stud of the staff.

He needs to fix Randel El as the PR but everything else i agree with
Rock sucks.

Im pretty sure you could put me in there, and I could return KOs to the 25 yard line every time.

Sorry, I like the guy as a person and hes put in good work here, but theres no point having him return KOs anymore.

I do agree with you that our return game is pretty crappy, but thats more on the talent of the returner than the coaching. I'd put Hall at full time PR, but I think we're stuck with Rock at KR for now.

Rock sucks.

Im pretty sure you could put me in there, and I could return KOs to the 25 yard line every time.

Sorry, I like the guy as a person and hes put in good work here, but theres no point having him return KOs anymore.

Rock doesn't work well without the 3 man wedge, and I would like to see Thomas be given the chance to return kickoffs with the speed he possesses, since he's not going to be much of a factor on the offense; at least he can set up the offense with good field position.

However, there's no way you could return the ball to the 25 every time, any one of us fans would be lucky to get to the 15 every time. We don't have the speed or ability to juke 200+ pound guys and reach the 25 yard line on every return.

While the Offense continues to stink up the joint and the Defense remains inconsistent, our Special Teams has quietly been a backbone for us. Hunter Smith has been booming the ball and our coverage guys have kept everything under wraps(the Rams had at least a couple KO returns that couldn't even reach the 20). While Zorn and Blache have been failing, Danny Smith has been the stud of the staff.

Blache called a defense that held the Rams to 7 points. He called a defense that bailed our team out in the fourth quarter after the offense failed to convert fourth down. He called a defense that took the ball away in the Redzone to prevent St. Louis from taking a lead against us in the second half. Blache and our defense have been lights out thus far this season.

I was thinking this today, and it's even more impressive because we have a lot of rookies and younger guys on ST. Plus the loss of Thrash and Campbell. Danny Smith is doing something right, not to mention him yelling at Zorn today to let the clock run down a little bit before calling timeout.

Rock sucks.

Ive BEEN sayin this......and next offseason, fans will be saying the same crap, "we cant let Rock go, he is too good at returning to release him?....bullcrap

I agree we should give credit where credit is due

Archived