Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: CIA Got Uranium Mention Cut in Oct.

phishhead

like that hasn't been happening for decades by all administrations, public interest groups, newspapers, tv commentators

Pretty vague.

Most of the ones youve mentioned above dont have the power to wage war.

Originally posted by fansince62

This opens up a whole can of worms in that now its okay to lie and make up all kinds of "evidence" to justify any action--with the hopes of the ends justifying the means.

like that hasn't been happening for decades by all administrations, public interest groups, newspapers, tv commentators

Exactly! So why is it that people are so mystified when others exhibit a large dose of skepticism with regards to our government?

Sad as it is to say, I often find myself wondering whether claims by other countries of U.S. propaganda and fabrications don't have some basis in fact. Iraq insisted that their officials be present when U.N. investigators interviewed their scientists for fear that information would be distorted to serve the interests of the U.S. Who can blame them?

How are we as a nation to be taken seriously when we go before the world claiming evidence of Saddam's ties to al Qaeda, WMDs, and Iraq's nuclear aspirations when the evidence turns out to be forged documents?

I don't have a hatred of Bush nor am I anti-Bush. I simply want to be able to trust our government, to know that its actions are above reproach and to feel comfortable in trusting the words of our leaders as being truthful.

Had I been around on Extremeskins during Clinton's administration you would have discovered the same scrutiny that I hold for the present administration. While I understand there is give-and-take compromise in the world of politics, I'll never accept the practice of deceit and the manipulation of facts for personal political gain.

the nice thing about the assertion is that we are now free to believe and disbelieve whatever we chose regardless of the context! and right, the Iraqi observers were there to ensure that the truth would out!!!! btw...I have some land you might be interested in........

your last is an honorable intention!!

Originally posted by TheKurp

I don't have a hatred of Bush nor am I anti-Bush. I simply want to be able to trust our government, to know that its actions are above reproach and to feel comfortable in trusting the words of our leaders as being truthful...

Get use to the fact that this will never happen. Too many competing interests for this to be even remotely possible.

Originally posted by TheKurp

While I understand there is give-and-take compromise in the world of politics, I'll never accept the practice of deceit and the manipulation of facts for personal political gain.

Get use to the fact that this will always happen. A politician (in democracies) has to be somewhat dishonest/disingenous to be able to appeal to as wide an electorate as possible.

Get use to the fact that this will always happen. A politician (in democracies) has to be somewhat dishonest/disingenous to be able to appeal to as wide an electorate as possible.

Any complacent society that claims to be a democracy but acknowledges your statement without alarm is in danger of significant deterioration.

Originally posted by stratoman

kilmer no matter what, the antibush faction will try to discredit bush no matter what is proven or disproven or what he does or doesn't do. I don't understand why such the hatred of bush. The only thing I come up with is the 2000 election and them still being

sore about that.:(

Of course, strato, the same could be said about the Pro-Bush faction. That is, they will blindly defend Bush no matter what evidence is proven or not.

Originally posted by fansince62

perhaps storm...but I would take issue with the notion that the citizens in a democracy have a right to know everything about their government.

I dont want to know everything about the government I was responding to the post that said "A politician (in democracies) has to be somewhat dishonest/disingenous to be able to appeal to as wide an electorate as possible. "

there is a difference between secrecy and dishonesty.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Of course, strato, the same could be said about the Pro-Bush faction. That is, they will blindly defend Bush no matter what evidence is proven or not.

well I don't follow Bush blindly but when it comes to National Defense I sure do. Bush could have said "Sadaam doesn't have WMD now but could in the future"In light of 9/11, I would have supported going to war. On the other hand, I don't support Bushes stance on drugs and abortion.

Archived