Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: CIA Got Uranium Mention Cut in Oct.

phishhead

There were no illegal dealings...and why would they probe Clinton's personal life if they were looking into financial matters........I guess there was a right wing conspiracy to get Clinton.....oh...my......god......it was a right wing controlled congress that tried to impeach him....and in the process wasted a ton of valuable time....that could have been spent trying to mend the problems of this country and also valuable tax payer money that could have been spent creating a better educated public..

Not TRIED to impeach him. They DID impeach him.

There were plenty of illegal activities. OJ was found innocent as well. But the point about his personal life would stand EXCEPT he lied in a Grand Jury inquiry. That's a crime.

No I don't hate everything he does or stands for but I still dislike him because he is a bad public speaker that comes off as an uneducated idiot.....he has managed to piss off a lot of people with his cavalier attitude and his administration has appeased the oil companies too much with their policies....I want America to be independent from foreign oil, to do this we need to actually invest money in finding alternate fuel sources and such but of course with big oil backing Bush this won't happen as is evidenced by the Energy report that Chaney created with his friends from the Oil/Gas industry.

"Amid questions about prewar intelligence, the White House is acknowledging that President Bush was incorrect when he said in his State of the Union address that Iraq recently had sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa. "

First up on Google.

Of course not in the lefts eyes.

Not in the eyes of anyone. Where in the statement you posted does the president take the blame for intentionally putting or allowing this false statement to be put in the speech? The Whitehouse merely acknowledges it is false. No duh.

Kilmer, I have no proof, but this is the truth... When I first heard that the comments were not true, I honestly figured and assumed that bush would come out and say something to the extent that he made a mistake, blah blah blah, there was even a thread about how heads were going to roll, but I hadn't heard any blame passed on at the time... I was ready to reply to that post that even though I was not a bush fan by any stretch, I was willing to give him credit for taking responsibiliby. Then, the Tenant story breaks... There's your fall guy.

I understand that you or other's may say that bush cannot be responsible for everything in his speech, however, I beg to differ. If I were responsible to give a speech to the school district that I work for and some info turned out to be false, no one is going to want to hear that it was elementary school X's secretary that forgot to mention something. I give the speech, I'm responsible.

This was the biggest speech of bush's career, he blew it.

LOL...

On Yahoo headlines, there's a new bush article about the whole speech thing, this quote was included:

"I think I get is darn good intelligence and the speeches I have given are backed by good intelligence," Bush said. However, the administration has acknowledged the uncertainty of remarks Bush made in his January State of the Union address about Iraq's alleged attempts to buy uranium in Iraq.

While bush may get "darn good" intellinence, he still needs to bone up on English...

But let's qualify it. How would YOU describe accepting the blame?

I wouldn't describe blaming the CIA as accepting the blame. Taking responsibility for the statements inclusion would work for me. You know, since it was known to be false before he said it.

My god you guys are funny as hell. Does anyone here realize who Walter Pincus & Mike Allen of the WP are? MA has been on the WH sh!t list for months now. He's was publically rebuked (passed over) in a recent WH press briefing. These two are hard core leftists that would love to do everything in their powers to give the WH a black eye. Jeeze you need to consider the source when throwing around press articles and using them as fact. Recent develpoments at the NY Times, CNN, New Republic, the Guardian etc. should give everyone pause to digest what they read in newspapers & see on TV.

You leftists are unreal. IT WAS NOT KNOWN TO BE FALSE BEFORE HE SAID IT!. Maybe if you guys would stop trying to find hidden meanings in things and look at things rationally you would see what the majority of Americans see.

You leftists are unreal. IT WAS NOT KNOWN TO BE FALSE BEFORE HE SAID IT!. Maybe if you guys would stop trying to find hidden meanings in things and look at things rationally you would see what the majority of Americans see.

Makes you wonder how the CIA can be blamed for letting the false statement in if it wasn't known that it was false before the speech. If I didn't know better I'd think you are trying to be insulting. I'm not sure. Is "leftist" an insult?

Not at all. Just a description.

If the CIA approved it. And they thought it was credible. It could still be found to be false.

I know you guys like trying to figure out alternate meanings to words. BUt this case is pretty clear cut. The CIA approved it, Bush trusted it. And it turns out that one piece was false.

But all of the leftist attacks fail to acknowledge important facts.

1- There is other evidence supporting the claims of the attempts to buy from African countries. Niger, Botswana, and MAli.

2- The vote in Congress to authorize war happened MONTHS before this evidence was even available.

3- The same guy who is the lead attack dog admitted that Saddam was attempting to obtain nukes (see other thread today)

4- This was one piece of a broader case.

5- NOBODY is claiming that they would changed their mind if Bush had not offered this peice.

Not at all. Just a description.

Of anyone who disagrees with you?

If the CIA approved it. And they thought it was credible. It could still be found to be false.

Well, that would be the whole point. They didn't think it was credible. They signed off after it was attributed to the Brits. They now say they should of pushed harder to have it removed (what they were pushing against is still not known to us).

I know you guys like trying to figure out alternate meanings to words. BUt this case is pretty clear cut. The CIA approved it, Bush trusted it. And it turns out that one piece was false.

You haven't been following this story very closely, have you?

1. The administration failed to properly coordinate and vet the intelligence used in the speech.

2. The fact that this disinformation was used in the SOTU magnifies the administration's failure.

3. The fact that this disinformation was related to the issue of going to war magnifies the error even more.

Archived