Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouts.com: Vols, Gators, .... Redskins?

bubba9497

http://det.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=900197

Click link for entire article

Scout.com has confirmed that representatives from the Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins will travel to Gainesville, Florida to witness the head-to-head battle between Berry and Tebow, as well as scout the abundance of talent scattered throughout the two rosters.

Interestingly enough, ESPN reported on Wednesday that the Jaguars may consider drafting Tebow in the 2010 draft. The Jaguars are unhappy with the growth of their $60 million mistake, quarterback David Garrard, and would be intrigued with keeping Tebow local in hopes to recoup some of the 17,000 season ticket holders who canceled their ticket plan. Tebow is the kind of personality that would generate box office buzz, and with the economy in the state that it is, small market franchises have to find a way to create revenue. Even if some believe Tebow isn’t worthy of a first round selection, because he is at least two – three years away from challenging for a starting job at the next level, the impact he could have from a public relations standpoint makes him worth the guaranteed money he will receive for being drafted in the opening frame.

It’s highly unlikely that the Chiefs will have interest in Tebow, since they traded for Matt Cassel during the offseason and still believe that Brodie Croyle has the talent to be a solid player in the NFL. But, the Redskins will have interest in Tebow during next year’s draft. Washington came close to trading for Jay Cutler during the offseason, and when that fell through, they toyed with the idea of moving up in the ’09 draft to select Mark Sanchez. They were unable to pull those deals off, but the interest shows that they are tired of the Jason Campbell experiment and want to move forward at the position after this season. Whether it’s Tebow, Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, or whoever, the Redskins will address the quarterback position in the draft next year.

Even though Berry is only a junior and it is unknown if he will enter the ’10 draft, the three teams traveling to “The Swamp” will have their sights set on No. 14. Of the three teams, the Redskins, who have LaRon Landry and Chris Horton, are the team that doesn’t have an immediate need for an upgrade at safety. But the Jaguars and Chiefs could use a playmaker like Berry in their secondary. Berry lines up at strong safety for Tennessee, but plays more like a free safety, and that’s the position he will most likely line up at in the NFL. And, if Berry decides to forego his senior year, he will be a top-ten selection, which is exactly where the Jaguars and Chiefs will be selecting next year.

Tebow has "it." He's a winner like no other. He's a leader like no other. He's smart. He's motivated. He's a hard-worker. He's a freaking legend in my part of the country. Can't say enough good things about the guy.

I know many people have their doubts. Tebow will prove you wrong. I don't have to. He's never failed at anything. Don't expect the NFL to be any different.

Whoever drafts Tim Tebow will never regret it. I hope it's the Redskins.

Brennan has "it." He's a winner like no other. He's a leader like no other. He's smart. He's motivated. He's a hard-worker. He's a freaking legend in my part of the country. Can't say enough good things about the guy.

I know many people have their doubts. Brennan will prove you wrong. I don't have to. He's never failed at anything. Don't expect the NFL to be any different.

Whoever drafts Colt Brennan will never regret it. I hope it's the Redskins.

Something about this sounds incredibly familiar...

];6763809']Agreed.

He's going to be everybody's guilty desire come April. Yeah' date=' we don't need another DB, but this kid is legit. He's Ed Reed except 7 years younger.[/quote']

If Adrian Wilson and Ed Reed had a sweet baby lovechild, that shining babe would be Eric Berry, swaddled in beautiful Tennessee orange.

Something about this sounds incredibly familiar...
That's the best you got?
What he means is, you're hyping up another system QB with extremely questionable mechanics based on the fact that he's simply a "winner."

Jacksonville can have Tebow, I hope they take him in the 1st round actually. Get him off the boards so better plays can fall to wherever we are.

Tebow has "it." He's a winner like no other. He's a leader like no other. He's smart. He's motivated. He's a hard-worker. He's a freaking legend in my part of the country. Can't say enough good things about the guy.

I know many people have their doubts. Tebow will prove you wrong. I don't have to. He's never failed at anything. Don't expect the NFL to be any different.

Whoever drafts Tim Tebow will never regret it. I hope it's the Redskins.

Blah Blah Blah......you're wrong.

Archived