Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quarterback Play

Annonymous Source

There are just a few things about the quarterback play that I wanted to point out about the last game.

While on the surface the QB appeared very accurate, going 20/29 with 256 passing yards, there were several very poor plays that had me very confused.

The first was the fumble. Quarterbacks at the NFL level should be able to protect the football. There is no excuse for dropping the ball period:mad:

The second was the ridiculous interception. No level of fan loyalty can inspire somebody to say that that was a good pass.

Another main point is the lack of a deep passing game. Despite having time in the pocket, he couldn't connect on a deep ball, badly overthrowing a reciever.

It was incredibly frustrating to see the entire offense lose their rythym every time the QB got hit. While the O-Line put in a good effort to keep the QB's Jersey clean it is clear to even casual observers that he is at best a system QB.

One of the things that was very frustrating for me to see was the fact that 2 timeouts were wasted due to people not being lined up correctly. Those timeouts were crucial, and could have made a difference in the outcome of the game. While not all of the blame for this falls on the QB, there is certainly a share that does.

The main problem is that against a passing defense that looked dazed and confused he was only able to pull off 2 legitimate scoring drives without major help from special teams or defense.

Is this the franchise QB of the future?

Well the Giants sure think so, because they payed him 100 million dollars.

(edit)

My prediction is that we wont have to see this QB again until December 21st.

hail.

Ha. Kindof puts things in perspective, but Eli didn't make two huge mistakes like Campbell did. I don't think he played all-suck like some people on here, but those two plays plus the Randle El dancing around play lost the game for us.

The stat lines are almost identical, not to mention both completly lost their rythym for long periods of time. Campbell was poor in first half, Eli poor in second half.

But, yes, Eli did have a better game. His errors were also not as egregious.

Ha. Kindof puts things in perspective, but Eli didn't make two huge mistakes like Campbell did. I don't think he played all-suck like some people on here, but those two plays plus the Randle El dancing around play lost the game for us.

Completely agreed.

Plays that turned the tide of the game all happened in the first quarter:

1) Manning's pass that Horton dove through was not picked off (nobody's fault, but that would've taken the crowd out immediately and gotten us three points at the least and three less for them, which happens to be the difference in the final score).

2) Manning's fumble was recovered by the Giants. See above.

3) Randle-El's massive fail.

Ahem. Read again...and check for ninja text if it'll help.

Lol at your pointless attack. I am not saying Campbell was great, I am simply trying to show how he and Eli had very similar performances for that game. If you think that the explination for that is Eli is a terrible QB and so is Campbell then that is what you will take away from it.

Lol at your pointless attack. I am not saying Campbell was great, I am simply trying to show how he and Eli had very similar performances for that game. If you think that the explination for that is Eli is a terrible QB and so is Campbell then that is what you will take away from it.

LOL @ you not understanding that you completely owned me at first read because I didn't bother to read the last part. :cheers:

It wasn't an attack at all. I was pointing out that people (including me) missed the subtle sarcasm at first. I actually like posts like this a lot. I hope more people fall for what you tried to do in the first post, because I did the same thing with a thread about Portis a while back that got people a little riled up.

I think neither QB had a particularly impressive day, but Campbell's two terrible plays made it a lot easier on the Giants. That, plus El's boneheaded move and our awful playcalling, and it wasn't a difficult day for New York to pull out a win.

Anybody know what JC's stats were before the last drive? I'd bet his rating shot up on that drive alone and padded the real stats.

So.

Effing.

Stupid. (Your brilliant "point", not you)

I hate that argument. So Campbell brings us on a comeback and it doesn't count because you hate Campbell? Got it.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=299041 in case you want to play that even stupider "Prevent" card.

It wasn't an attack at all. I was pointing out that people (including me) missed the subtle sarcasm at first. I actually like posts like this a lot. I hope more people fall for what you tried to do in the first post, because I did the same thing with a thread about Portis a while back that got people a little riled up.

I think neither QB had a particularly impressive day, but Campbell's two terrible plays made it a lot easier on the Giants. That, plus El's boneheaded move and our awful playcalling, and it wasn't a difficult day for New York to pull out a win.

I agree completly. We lost by 6 but it should have been a much bigger defeat. New York was driving the ball much better than we were for the duration of the game, but there offense always fizzled at opportune times for us.

The fact is that if you are an optimist the conclusion that you would draw is that on a really really bad day we competed with a strong team on the road. And while winning is everything, I can at least draw some solace from the fact it was close.

Or to put it another way, we beat the spread. Take that Vegas.

Anybody know what JC's stats were before the last drive? I'd bet his rating shot up on that drive alone and padded the real stats.

It padded the stats about as much as Mannings stats got padded by Manningham's catch and run for a TD. A significant amount.

It doesnt change the fact that in statistical performances both QB's were very similar.

They went up 20 points in garbage time

Thats Our Audible to a run on 3/8 "I Don't want the ball in crunchtime", Can't step up in the pocket and fumbles the game away, Franchise Cost but Mediocre Deliverables, Leaderless, Crying, has to get the BU QB to explain things, clipboard carrying in the playoffs, losing record, 5 year rookie

They went up 20 points in garbage time

Thats Our Audible to a run on 3/8 "I Don't want the ball in crunchtime", Can't step up in the pocket and fumbles the game away, Franchise Cost but Mediocre Deliverables, Leaderless, Crying, has to get the BU QB to explain things, clipboard carrying in the playoffs, losing record, 5 year rookie

Yawn.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=299041

Thanks.

He fumbled and threw an INT

Archived