Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Coddling" of our players MUST STOP!!!!

FunBunch7

We've got these two 2nd round receivers...we have a 4th yr QB that we spent a 1st round pick on...and we have a Primadonna running back that is "too good" to play in pre season...

And the worst thing of all is we have a coach with no back bone to actually COACH these players!

Portis IS NOT in shape! He can't even beat a defensive end around the corner to even get to the side line!

Devin Thomas...WHO is this guy? I'd sure like to get to know him! Malcolm Kelly? What the hell good is SIZE if you don't fricken' throw the ball to the guy?"

Santana Moss? Many think he is a #2 WR...you all all dead wrong! He is a #3 at best! Yeah, the guy has burners...but so do alot of other kick and punt returners and you don't see them making much of a contribution in the passing game...Devin Hester aside.

If we don't beat St Louis, Detroit AND Tampa Bay the next 3 weeks...this team is finished...and so is this coaching staff...and so are Campbell, Moss and Portis for next season.

Shanahan will dump em' all!

I don't agree with most of the OP's analysis however the thread title I do agree with. Moss, the best WR this team has almost was ejected for throwing punches like an idiot. He doesn't think of the team - he was only thinking about himself. The game was at least closer with him in there even though he didn't do anything he demands double coverage. If he were ejected that game would have been a blow out.

He won't get in trouble for it either. That is coddling and among other things it speaks volumes about this team. They aren't held accountable for bonehead plays. I keep thinking back to Moss in the Cinci game last year and his actions today remind me of that. Dumb play.

The title of this thread could be we need a hard nosed coach who can hold players accountable.

What would Vince do. (Vince Lombardi)

Vince would probably have brought Moss to the sideline and told him to go to the locker room and he would meet with him at the end of the game. I know for SURE that Mike Singletary would do that, and he gained instant respect from his players.

A Lombardi team would hold his defensive coach accountable for MISSED tackles and ZERO pressure on the QB. Of course Zorn is not Lombardi. He is not even Singletary.

And to think last year, we could have hired Mike Singletary instead of wasting all this time with Zorn. Now we just have to go with Shanahan.

Portis is out of shape? and if he is how would PLAYING in the pre season helped him? he would be miraculously in shape by just playing in a few pre season games?? portis cant beat DE's around the corner because he was up against the best in the league this week not to mention stephon heyer SUCKS and Randy THomas for that matter zorn rarely ran to their side the def coordinator caught on to this and stacked the line ont he left side when he felt a run was comming because he knew that his guys could easily beat thomas and heyer to portis...as far as the coddling yeah i mean its gotta stop no excuses for not giving kelly more sideline routes rather then making him run accross the field...

Portis is out of shape? and if he is how would PLAYING in the pre season helped him? he would be miraculously in shape by just playing in a few pre season games?? portis cant beat DE's around the corner because he was up against the best in the league this week not to mention stephon heyer SUCKS and Randy THomas for that matter zorn rarely ran to their side the def coordinator caught on to this and stacked the line ont he left side when he felt a run was comming because he knew that his guys could easily beat thomas and heyer to portis...as far as the coddling yeah i mean its gotta stop no excuses for not giving kelly more sideline routes rather then making him run accross the field...

Portis is not out of shape AND ITS NOT JUST BLOCKING. Portis is OVERWEIGHT. When he came to us from Denver he was 210 pounds and now he is about 222. Gibbs made him into a plow horse when he was a racehorse and now the old mare is just tired from hauling freight.

Clinton should have been told to LOSE weight and get faster.

Zorn has treated campbell like a little child. He does nothing but comfort him and reassure him of his job despite obvious lack of skill. Zorn is obviously not a good boss. Campbell is like an employee that is not helping/hurting the company. He is like an employee that has worked for a company for 5 years but has not learned the industry and has done just enough not to get fired. Zorn, as the head coach must realize this and start getting ready for changes whether it means hiring a temp while we find the future.

I don't agree with most of the OP's analysis however the thread title I do agree with. Moss, the best WR this team has almost was ejected for throwing punches like an idiot. He doesn't think of the team - he was only thinking about himself. The game was at least closer with him in there even though he didn't do anything he demands double coverage. If he were ejected that game would have been a blow out.

He won't get in trouble for it either. That is coddling and among other things it speaks volumes about this team. They aren't held accountable for bonehead plays. I keep thinking back to Moss in the Cinci game last year and his actions today remind me of that. Dumb play.

I know you guys didn't like him doing that, but I thought it was great. To me, he was the only one who showed some fire and seemed to actually care about the game. Everyone else seemed like they gave up before they got there, even the defense and especially Zorn.

1)Fire Vinny

2)Hire a real GM

3)The Danny isn't allowed to make any fooball moves or suggestions,get out of the way you little troll!!!

3)Hire a "Dictator style" HC kinda like Marty, Coughlin, Belichick

4)Rebuild OL

5)Fire Larry Michael

6)Bring back Frank Herzog

Do these 6 things Superbowl here we come!!!!!!!!!

Archived