Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Keep An Eye on Croyle...

method man

I've been monitoring the Chiefs' QB situation over the past year, mainly because I am a Tyler Thigpen fan. From what I've been reading, Brodie Croyle outplayed Thigpen and won the #2 job.

In the limited action he got last season, he played very well until he went down with injury. It seems that this guy is a good QB who has had a series of misfortunes with injuries and Cassel coming to town.

I suggest keeping an eye on how he does this season, because he will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. For starters, he played well today against the Ravens and had a couple TD passes.

I've been monitoring the Chiefs' QB situation over the past year, mainly because I am a Tyler Thigpen fan. From what I've been reading, Brodie Croyle outplayed Thigpen and won the #2 job.

In the limited action he got last season, he played very well until he went down with injury. It seems that this guy is a good QB who has had a series of misfortunes with injuries and Cassel coming to town.

I suggest keeping an eye on how he does this season, because he will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. For starters, he played well today against the Ravens and had a couple TD passes.

*Looks through smiley book*

There it is. :banhim:

*Looks through smiley book*

There it is. :banhim:

Uh. What? I'm not saying sign him. I'm saying that we, as Redskins fans, should keep an eye on how he does this season. We may or may not bring back Campbell and, if we don't, I would try to make a good value signing or draft pick instead of trading away our whole draft or signing a guy to a gargantuan deal.

I suggest reading this: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/08/68497253/1

I don't think we necessarily need a total stud at the QB position. We, however, need a competent guy who will play like a Brad Johnson or a Kerry Collins. If we do sign someone, then we can instead invest our first and second round picks in the OLine, DLine, or the Mike position.

Croyle is a good player but he has injury problems. Dude can't take a hit. He will never be a starting caliber player in this league.

I wonder if bulking up a bit would change that. He is currently listed at 206...you would think that adding 10 pounds would make a difference. Furthermore, as bad as we think our OL is, the Chiefs' line is even worse.

Against the Ravens:

Campbell (last year) - 21 for 37 218 yards 1 TD 2 INT 60.4 rating

Croyle (yesterday) - 16 for 24 177 yards 2 TD 0 INT 116.1 rating

Just saying and the Chiefs fired their offensive coordinator in the past two weeks too...

To be fair, comparing stats from different years means little in the NFL. For all we know, this could be the start of an enormous downslide for the Ravens' D and they might finish in the bottom 10 in the NFL. We don't know the changes that occur from year to year, especially after losing their DC to the Jets.

That being said, I won't take anything away from Croyle. He played a heck of a game.

To be fair, comparing stats from different years means little in the NFL. For all we know, this could be the start of an enormous downslide for the Ravens' D and they might finish in the bottom 10 in the NFL. We don't know the changes that occur from year to year, especially after losing their DC to the Jets.

That being said, I won't take anything away from Croyle. He played a heck of a game.

Let's be serious though they didn't lose a majority of their starters and the hiring of the DC came from in house. You don't honestly believe this is a "slide" for the Ravens defense do you?

What are we keeping an eye on?

Cassel was a game time decision today,

Which makes me think he will be back starting next week.

So are we supposed to keep an eye on how well Croyle handles a clipboard for the next 15 games?

And Croyle is an okay QB, not a good QB, and he is evidently injury prone.

And Thigpen was the beneficiary of Herm's weird-ass pistol formation who was bailed out constantly by Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe.

Neither of these guys is NFL starter material...

Let's be serious though they didn't lose a majority of their starters and the hiring of the DC came from in house. You don't honestly believe this is a "slide" for the Ravens defense do you?

Nah, I don't. I'm just saying it's a very real possibility. When's the last time you saw the Ravens give up that many points? To the Chiefs, nonetheless.

It's very arguable that this year's Raven D could be far worse than last year's. So comparing Campbell's stats from last year, with a defense in mid-season prime form, to Croyle's today isn't exactly on even ground.

Archived