Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Portis on 2009 OL and Offense

elkabong82

Its all about the Ws

Looking at the schedule, if the team steals one in NYG, the potential to start 6-0 is there.

CP's health and attitude will obviously be the catalyst towards that goal

You know, I think it's very feasible for us to start the season 4-2 or 5-1. Even if we beat New York, you never know how this team will play in one of those "easy" games or @ Carolina.

Hopefully we can finish the first half with 5 or 6 wins. I have much more confidence in our ability to finish stronger than 2-6 down the stretch (even if the schedule does get much tougher).

But, you're right, a win in New York would shift the balance in terms of our division. If we can split in our division, we should finish with 10 or 11 wins based on the non-divisional opponents we play.

The first month of the season should be pretty low-key.

So' date=' my guess is that Clinton's annual blow up on the John Thompson show will happen in the last two weeks in October.[/quote']

its just like last year. we start out with a super soft schedule and a few tough games, then 7 of our last 9 games are against teams that finished above 500 last year.

if we can come out and actually prove that we can dominate crappy teams like the lions and the bucs, ill feel good. if were beating matt stafford and the lions by a field goal, i will not be happy.

I think keeping Mason was the best move for Portis. Betts is a good downhill runner but he's not explosive. If the skins get a lead they should start running Mason similar to how Gibbs would use Ricky Ervins as the home run threat.

Back to what Portis said - I'm excited about this season too. If the o line stays healthy and JC progresses I think we might have something pretty good. Kelly is playing really well and I hope some of the other young guys step up as well.

Kendal was old and slow. I think Dock is a major upgrade at that position as well. Heyer is pretty good too but he scares me against some of the upper level DE's. Last season he was abused regularly against Pittsburgh and the Ravens.

I think CP can hit the top 5 in rushing for a season in NFL history. He would need 2004 yards to do it.

We play teams that finished 27th (Broncos), 29th (Rams), 30th (Chiefs), 31st (Raiders) and 32nd (Lions) in rushing defense in 2008. If he has huge yardage in those games and decent numbers against the division, he can get it done.

Teams will just repeat what the stretch run opposition did last year - 8 or 9 in the box to stop Clinton. However, this year I think the pass attack will make them pay dearly for that. If this happens, and Ds do not switch their focus from CP, he could be in for a very subpar statiscal year. I also think the passing game will be the weapon of choice in the RZ this year.

That CP quote from last year to mean was more a shot at the passing game rather than the offensive lines ability to run block. 9 or 10 guys in the box, no one respects the skins passing attack. that **** changes this season

I'm tired of ARE having a catch or 2 in the first quarter and then going silent for the majority of the game. Kelly/Thomas/Davis/Mitchell have got to produce!

CP having a great season falls on the shoulder's of Zorn a.k.a MR Anxiety..If Zorn's offense can be unpredictable this year CP will dominate the NFC..but if the offense is the same run CP into a 8 in the box brick wall every single play ..he will be the Same ...it's not up to CP,its up to Zorn to open up this offense

Archived