Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Emmitt Smith: 'Realistically, I think that the Cowboys can win seven games'

Big Blue Joe

More at the link

"Realistically, I think that the Cowboys can win seven games," Emmitt said.

Emmitt seems to think that the new all-business approach, complete with player accountability, is a bunch of bull.

"I mean, when I start hearing things are going to change, I keep asking myself as a player, how much are they going to change?" he said. "Are you going to be a hard-nosed coach now since things are going to change? Are you going to be more focused than you were last year? Those kind of things, I'm like, c'mon. This is not a game where you can just turn it on and turn it off."

And Emmitt took aim at Roy Williams again, praising almost every other one of Tony Romo sits to pee's weapons but saying he couldn't understand why the Cowboys gave up so much to get the receiver from Detroit.

"The question is, can Roy step up and be what they need him to be?" Emmitt said. "I don't know. I don't know if it's possible.

"I do not see him as a No. 1. I never have saw him as a No. 1. Never have. When I say No. 1, I mean your No. 1 go-to guy. He's not your No. 1 go-to guy."

When did Emmitt get this smart? It's like his IQ raised by 50 points after he got fired from ESPN.

The issue with RW isn't so much whether he's a legit #1 or not, it's what the Cowboys gave up to get him. He was in the final year of his contract, yet they still felt the need to fork over 3 draft picks. That trade was honestly a rape. In essence, the Cowboys got about 20 catches in exchange for 3 draft picks (assuming RW didn't sign with them for significantly less than market value, which I think is reasonable).

As far as WR go in the NFC (B)East I think the Redskins have the best corps. As long as Jason Campbell can cash in on all of that "promise" they will look good this year.

I think everybody is going to find out just how bad Tony Romo sits to pee is now that the TO Show left for Buffalo ... errr got shipped there. And we all saw what happened to the Giants after Plaxico shot himself and I don't think any of those young bucks they have are ready to step up. I guess we will find out Sunday at 4:15.

HTTR

The issue with RW isn't so much whether he's a legit #1 or not, it's what the Cowboys gave up to get him. He was in the final year of his contract, yet they still felt the need to fork over 3 draft picks. That trade was honestly a rape. In essence, the Cowboys got about 20 catches in exchange for 3 draft picks (assuming RW didn't sign with them for significantly less than market value, which I think is reasonable).

Agreed, Roy Williams would of likley signed with Dallas in FA after the season anyways.

Archived