Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upstate NY skins fans!!!!

Xameil

Well, I live in Poughquag(30 Min from Poughkeepsie), so Albany is about an Hour and 40 Minutes away, give or take 20 minutes, so I wish I could go but got school/work to deal with. But it is nice to know I have some fellow skins fans somewhere around here. Wouldn't believe what it's like living with my Dad(Giants fan) and my brother(Cowboys fan).

Well, I live in Poughquag(30 Min from Poughkeepsie), so Albany is about an Hour and 40 Minutes away, give or take 20 minutes, so I wish I could go but got school/work to deal with. But it is nice to know I have some fellow skins fans somewhere around here. Wouldn't believe what it's like living with my Dad(Giants fan) and my brother(Cowboys fan).

originally from wappingers falls myself, how did you get to be a fan of this team? wasnt too many skins fans that i can recall. mostly awful giant fans.

originally from wappingers falls myself, how did you get to be a fan of this team? wasnt too many skins fans that i can recall. mostly awful giant fans.

Well I actually grew up in Vermont, and my family and I moved to Poughquag in may of 08 because my dad kept having to travel here for work. My father also grew up in this area. Becoming a skins fan just kind of happened, but as I recall the first football game I saw on TV was a Redskins game in the early 90s.

Me and my Redskins fan friends will be at Kelly's bar in Endicott, that's kind of upstate depending on who you ask lol. :D

I'm from Binghamton, it's definitely upstate! If I'm up that way during the season, I might check this place out. In the past I've gone to a bar on Vestal Parkway. Can't remember the name...

I'm from Binghamton, it's definitely upstate! If I'm up that way during the season, I might check this place out. In the past I've gone to a bar on Vestal Parkway. Can't remember the name...

Sorry you are WESTERN NY ;)

I swear I have to give you western people a map ;)

Sat bump...Tomorrow at LYNN'S in Albany...Colvin Ave...I'll be in my COOOOOOLEY jersey as always

Sorry you are WESTERN NY ;)

I swear I have to give you western people a map ;)

Sat bump...Tomorrow at LYNN'S in Albany...Colvin Ave...I'll be in my COOOOOOLEY jersey as always

In my mind at least Western NY starts around Rochester.

It's a great place, they sponsor my flag football team so we go down there every Sunday after we play to watch all the games, end up with a mix of all different fans and the owner is pretty good about trying to get us all the games we want to see.

Me and my Redskins fan friends will be at Kelly's bar in Endicott, that's kind of upstate depending on who you ask lol. :D

If I ever get down that way from here in Norwich I'll definitely stop by. Tomorrow I'll be watching the game at home with my three nieces who are slowly becoming Skins fans. They already know all the words to Hail To The Redskins!!

How did all you guys in upstate NY become Redskin fans?

Are there many of you there...how does your base compare to PIT/PHI/NE/DAL/GB and other non-market teams?

Were in NY State does it go from being Giants country to Bills?

In other words...what is the split in

1) Albany/Utica/Syracuse/Binghamton

for BOTH MLB and NFL?

How did all you guys in upstate NY become Redskin fans?

Are there many of you there...how does your base compare to PIT/PHI/NE/DAL/GB and other non-market teams?

Were in NY State does it go from being Giants country to Bills?

In other words...what is the split in

1) Albany/Utica/Syracuse/Binghamton

for BOTH MLB and NFL?

THURS bump for SUNDAY against the lions.

and to answer your question..I was originally a bandwagoner. I started likeing football during the redskins first superbowl run, and I never looked back...been a diehard fan ever since.

As for the break between bills, giants, jets, and patriots...who cares ;)

as for baseball...it is either yankees, mets and sox, and all fairly well mixed

THURS bump for SUNDAY against the lions.

and to answer your question..I was originally a bandwagoner. I started likeing football during the redskins first superbowl run, and I never looked back...been a diehard fan ever since.

As for the break between bills, giants, jets, and patriots...who cares ;)

as for baseball...it is either yankees, mets and sox, and all fairly well mixed

As an ex-pat Upstater, I got into the Skins before moving there, so I brought it with me. I recall most of my friends at that time being Gints or Bills fans. The Pats were too far away from my frozen corner of the state, and they sucked hard then too!

Baseball was either Yanks or Expos where I was. Hockey was Habs or Leafs with a few Nordiques fans sprinkled in, and basketball, well... I already told you about hockey right? ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived