Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Redskins odds for Super Bowl and more

21MadFan

Well, Tom Brady went 16-0 the last season he started all 16 games and only failed to win the SB because of some great luck by Eli and the Giants, and their great defensive performance. I think if you play that game 10 times the Patriots win it 9/10s of the time.

The Redskins faded last year under Zorn, like Norv/Spurrier was back in DC. We lost to some of the worst teams in the league, and were close to losing a few others to bad teams like Cleveland and Detroit. I'd like to see that change at least ONCE before I go predicting our 2nd division title since before Gibbs retired the first time.

So yeah, I expect the Patriots to be in the SB with little resistance. The Colts have a new coach, the Steelers weren't really that good last year but with the Pats out of the playoffs and Norv coaching the other best team in the league they had it easy. Ravens might be their only true challenge and they have a 2nd year QB who may or may not be any good.

Meanwhile the Redskins have the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys in the same division. I expect the Eagles to be better. Giants should still win 9-10 games. So do I expect the Redskins to win the division? Nope.

The team doesn't even expect that much or they'd have resigned Jason Campbell already but they haven't and they aren't going to win 11-12 games without him showing enough improvement to warrant at least a mid level QB contract, IMO.

The defense probably isn't better either. The CB situation could get real ugly with Rogers injured and Hall/Smoot regularly getting beat by taller WR's. Blache has to show that he is running a different type of defense before we assume that we will have 2x as many sacks and turnovers this year too, btw. Adding Haynesworth and 2 rookies on the DL doesn't automatically guarantee this happening. What if Hall looks like he did in Oakland? Or Rogers is out all year? Or 2 of those guys get injured? The Patriots could lose 1/2 their defense and still compete for the title. Us, not so much. In the past if Griffen was out, or Springs was out, we were finished most of the time. Not much has changed even though the names may be different. Haynesworth misses 3-6 games every single year, and this is no longer a contract year for him either. If Samuels goes down again it's over, and you know that we will have 2+ other injured OLmen out for stretches. It happens every year, and the lack of any depth never changes. :2cents:

I got more than I was expecting here. I poked you and you punched me. :/

I also have to admit that although I correctly said that the Redskins are shown to have worse than a 1 in 4 chance of winning the division when I asked the question about the Redskins and the Patriots, for some reason in my mind I guess I thought that the Redskins odds for winning the division were worse than what they were (6-1)

Still I think there's a lot of best case scenario for the Patriots and worst case scenario for the Redskins in there.

I'd love to tell you what I think about everything that you said but it just isn't going to work right now.

Thanks for a genuine response and not going "What? do you honestly think the Redskins can win any games this year? Do you honestly think the Patriots will lose any games this year?"

I love the way that the Redskins have less than a 1 in 4 chance of winning the NFC East.

I also love how the Patriots have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than the Redskins do of winning the NFC East.

They would only have a 1 in 4 chance if you assumed all four teams are equal. The Giants and Eagles are probably getting better than 1 in 4 odds, in fact I'd expect them both to get 1 in 2 odds of winning the East. The Cowboys are probably around 1 in 4 or better

Over under rushing yards/TDs for Clinton Portis: 1,250/8.5.

Im going with the over. CP will break JR's record and score more TDs.

Over under receiving yards/TDs for Chris Cooley: 775/5.

Im going with the over. JC got ragged last season for not throw a TD to Cooley. I can see Cooley having another probowl year.

Over under sacks for Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo: 6.5/4.5.

Wont touch Big Albert, but RAK +4.5 I'll take the over.

Don't get the Lion's odds.How can that be?

Those odds are not for who is going to win the game, but for who Detroit has the best chance of beating to get thier 1st win against. We are at the beginning of thier schedule plus they played us good last year and the Redskins usually lose to one of the worst teams in the league every year.

10/1 for Orakpo rinning DROY? Who the :censored: do they think will win it then?

And 'Rak and Smack combining for only 6.5 sacks? :no: Take the over.

They have three or four favorites ahead of Rak, which makes sense.

Only on this site, which is understandable, is he considered a favorite for DROY.

I would also keep the following in mind when thinking about his sack total:

Not only is he a rookie, but he is playing two positions, one of them is brand new.

Smart QBs and OCs will tire him out. They will throw at him and try to burn him in pass coverage. And they will run him all over the field to keep him out of position.

This is going to hurt his play and sack stats.

Demarcus Ware, the best in the game, only had 8 sacks in his first season.

Look to Haynesworth, the vet, to lead the D this season....not Orakpo.

Those odds are not for who is going to win the game, but for who Detroit has the best chance of beating to get thier 1st win against. We are at the beginning of thier schedule plus they played us good last year and the Redskins usually lose to one of the worst teams in the league every year.

O K that makes more sense,thanks for clarifying.

• 3 months later...
If you really want to see depressing, as a measuring stick:

Jay Cutler......who doesn't even have receivers:

3800 yards/22 1/2 touchdowns, first year in a new system.

Right now:

Cutler:

2800 yards/17 TDs

He needs to average 250 yards and 2 TDs per game to make the Over...

Edit: and further on JC, Vegas says 10 1/2 interceptions.

I wonder how many INTs Vegas had pegged for Cutler?

Archived