Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com: Osi U leaves Giants practice over disagreement w/ D-Coordinator

Larry Brown #43

Regardless, he coached, successfully, from the booth.

I had thought he had only coached a couple from the booth, but according to this article it was just one.

"In that final game before he died, Jim Johnson had to coach the game in a booth. After that, the skin cancer that Johnson had previously beaten years earlier came back, causing Johnson to leave the team in May."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1999552/jim_johnson_dead_at_68_built_feared.html

Also, another article indicates that he only coached from the booth for their playoff games last year. So it would appear at least one, maybe 3.

Regardless, he coached, successfully, from the booth.

LoL...you can't say Johnson coached "successfully from the booth" if he only did so once or twice over his career...and especially if it was a measure of last resort due to serious health issues. Not to mention that you started off saying Johnson coached "every single game" from the booth lol...

You really didn't make much of a point there.

Jim Johnson (RIP) coached every single game from the booth if I'm not mistaken.

LoL...you can't say Johnson coached "successfully from the booth" if he only did so once or twice over his career...and especially if it was a measure of last resort due to serious health issues. Not to mention that you started off saying Johnson coached "every single game" from the booth lol...

You really didn't make much of a point there.

I didn't say he coached every single game from the booth. Read my exact quote above. I realized I didn't know where Johnson coached from all the time, I just recall seeing him in the booth.

But still, no one has countered my point. Who cares if he coaches from the booth? There is a much better view of the field, which doesn't just benefit your X's and O's but it allows you to see exactly what each guy is doing. You see much more from the booth. I'm not sure why that's even a big deal.

I didn't say he coached every single game from the booth. Read my exact quote above. I realized I didn't know where Johnson coached from all the time, I just recall seeing him in the booth.

But still, no one has countered my point. Who cares if he coaches from the booth? There is a much better view of the field, which doesn't just benefit your X's and O's but it allows you to see exactly what each guy is doing. You see much more from the booth. I'm not sure why that's even a big deal.

I think co-ordinaters can work from the booth just fine, it really depends on their style. The downside of course to coaching from the booth is you dont get a feel for the flow of the game, interacting with your players gets you that feel, as well as just getting the feel from being on the sidelines, the emotions.

I think that is a big benefit, but I know there are people that are very successful calling games that way.

Archived