Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wex: Colt vs Chase/The 'big' man on campus

PCS

Actually I thought Colt played pretty well in his one series. He moved the ball. He just made a boneheaded decision forcing the ball into the end zone. He get that touchdown and he's sitting pretty cool. The next couple of games will decide it.

I do think the advantage Colt has is that he has a year in the system, he also can't be put on the practice squad -- whereas Daniels can. I also think Chase would be safe on the practice squad -- whereas I think Colt would be more of a risk.

If the Skins do like both of them, and I think they do, they will put Chase on the Practice Squad because they can.

This is nuts. Let's be honest. Chase never had a snowballs chance of making the team from the get go, regardless of his preseason stats against 3rd stringers.

Colt is Zorn's hobby. He is molding him into a QB that will play in the NFL in the near future. Whether it is for this team or another we will soon find out.

Chase was brought in to light a fire under Colt to fight, learn, and play better. It's called competition. It's time to change the culture of this team because it's obvious what we have been doing isn't working.

JC won't be here next year and Zorn is pushing Colt to the edge to see if he can handle it or not. I can't believe you people don't see this. If a decent QB is not available next season (after our 8-8 season) who do you think will be called to lead the team for the next couple years? Old man Collins? And Colt as the backup!? No way.

Todd has always been a backup and for good reason.

Hail.

Another myth IMO.

What about the ultra rich talent Chase played with? For example, surely he didn't have WAC caliber lineman keeping him upright against the "much tougher" competition, right?

It's all relative if you're willing to factor in both sides of the ball.

Of course you have to factor in both sides of the ball, but it ridiculous to say that playing against lessor competition doesn't help. Let's say for the sake of argument that the lines cancel out and there was an equal chance of a WAC rusher coming free at Colt as a Big-12 rusher (like Orakpo) coming free at Chase, which of those two would be more difficult to avoid and which is going to hit you harder?

More importantly is the secondary, the players in the WAC simply aren't as fast as the Big12 secondaries Chase played against. Colt had more margin for error - the closing speed wasn't there in the WAC.

Now I'm not saying there aren't great players who came from small schools - McNair from Alcorn State is the last QB to spring to mind but there is a reason most NFL QBs come from big time conferences if not big time schools.

I'll be the first person to say... who cares? If we make it to our 3rd string QB either the game is completely lost, convincingly won... or our season is done.

Hear hear. My thoughts exactly. Since Collins doesn't have a future as a starter, we're going to go out and draft a QB anyway if Campbell fails.

There isn't a lot at stake for anyone but Brennan and Daniels themselves in this position battle.

I like Brennan because he's funny and has a good personality so he gives us good quotes to read. I like Daniel because he's got that Eddie LeBaron style scrappiness and is a good story. Both have notable flaws. I think the best solution is just to keep Brennan and put Chase on the PS but I don't really care too much either way.

Why the hell is this even a "close" race? If Colt comes out Friday and sucks and Daniels doesn't then go with the guy who performs. Let the best man win the job. If Colt wasn't Zorn's boy then I could see us dumping him but knowing the relationship I bet that Daniels is on the practice squad and gets plucked from us

Colt has always been very confident in his abilitlies, but perhaps he might have more closly followed this`Ôlelo No`eau:

E noho iho i ke opu weuweu, mai ho`oki`eki`e.

Remain among the clumps of grass and do not elevate yourself.

Don't show off.

Don't get puffed up and big-headed.

Be ha`aha`a (humble),

which does not mean

timid, submissive, and spineless.

An inner self-confidence

which gives rise to quiet strength

is far more admirable than

self-importance, arrogance,

and egotism.

Colt normally is a very humble guy and I'm sure he wasn't meaning to come across as arrogant to his team mates or the people on this message board.

That quote reminds me of Campbell :silly:

Colt has always been very confident in his abilitlies, but perhaps he might have more closly followed this`Ôlelo No`eau:

E noho iho i ke opu weuweu, mai ho`oki`eki`e.

Remain among the clumps of grass and do not elevate yourself.

Don't show off.

Don't get puffed up and big-headed.

Be ha`aha`a (humble),

which does not mean

timid, submissive, and spineless.

An inner self-confidence

which gives rise to quiet strength

is far more admirable than

self-importance, arrogance,

and egotism.

Colt normally is a very humble guy and I'm sure he wasn't meaning to come across as arrogant to his team mates or the people on this message board.

There we go, the saying didn't show up in black, dum dum dum ;)

My feelings about that are pretty much, none of these dudes is related to and you're not friends with them, they don't sit and chat on a forum about how Bob in accounting is lighting you up in the stats column, but they stay loyal to you because Bob is ****y and keeps dating women around the workplace, even taking girls from compete agencies. If some guy with no face came in and threw for 40 TDs a season and never had a single INT we'd all love him, even if we found out he was a robot being controlled by Snyder and Cerrato from the owner's booth. It's the same thing with these people who won't be happy with anything Cerrato or Snyder have done, regardless of whether or not we get a SB.

What?

Daniels is a DE

Daniel is a QB - with a great preseason quarter. And he did do better than Colt with the same personnel. And he has scored more TD's than all of the other QB's combined, but it is still one quarter. And the #3 spot is pretty much up for grabs.

So, although I like what I have seen so far and was disappointed that he did not game in against Baltimore, I would also like so see maybe 2 possibly even 3 quarters of play before dumping a bucket of Gatorade over his head and carting him off of FedEx over our heads.

Archived