Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all my fellow Muslims...Ramadan Mubuarak

SkinsHokieFan

You guys might not eat during the day – but man do you feast at sundown!

When I lived in India I became really good friends with two young Muslims. The FIRST day I met them they invited me to their place to break the fast.

I thought this was going to be the three of us eating a little dinner and having a quiet night……wow was I wrong.

It was like a Tuesday night but there were 25-30 people there (all family) and more food than I could imagine. Everything. They ate and talked until around 2am.

And since I was the weird American everyone forced me to eat everything at the table and watched every single thing I ate and would say, “you like?? you like???”

At the end of the night I was invited to the wedding of one of the guests that would be in a few weeks. I knew none of these people for long than 24 hours and I was already invited to my first Indian wedding.

It was a wild night.

And I thought the fundamentalist Baptist rules were tough.;)

May you find what you seek.:munchout:

Why fast?

* to develop patience and self-control

* to learn sympathy for the deprived

* to cleanse the body and mind

* to gain appreciation for Allah's bounty

* to demonstrate the depth of one's commitment

* to protect against sin. A hadith states: "Satan runs in the circulatory system of the son of Adam in the same way blood circulates in our system; so tighten his passages with hunger."

There are, then, three levels of the Ramadan fast:

* refraining from the physical things that are forbidden (performed with the mouth/stomach/sexual organs)

* restraining oneself from saying, hearing and looking at forbidden things (performed with the senses)

* renewing one's devotion to Allah (performed with the heart and mind).

And I thought the fundamentalist Baptist rules were tough.;)

May you find what you seek.:munchout:

Why fast?

* to develop patience and self-control

* to learn sympathy for the deprived

* to cleanse the body and mind

* to gain appreciation for Allah's bounty

* to demonstrate the depth of one's commitment

* to protect against sin. A hadith states: "Satan runs in the circulatory system of the son of Adam in the same way blood circulates in our system; so tighten his passages with hunger."

There are, then, three levels of the Ramadan fast:

* refraining from the physical things that are forbidden (performed with the mouth/stomach/sexual organs)

* restraining oneself from saying, hearing and looking at forbidden things (performed with the senses)

* renewing one's devotion to Allah (performed with the heart and mind).

Yup, its all good so long as you don't gorge and pig out right when you can eat

Kind of defeats the purpose :)

We tend to keep the food light in my house, don't need an all you can eat buffet at 8 pm :hysterical:

this was being discussed in the office in work and couldnt help wondering how far things can be streched as there is bound to be someone during a long day that doesnt feel well and needs food/water -how does it work for that kind of thing?

this was being discussed in the office in work and couldnt help wondering how far things can be streched as there is bound to be someone during a long day that doesnt feel well and needs food/water -how does it work for that kind of thing?

Or what if they have Hypoglycemia ?

Archived