Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Me And A Steeler Fan Have a Bet.....

Poman

T.O. hands down. Rings don't matter unless you're talking about QB. T.O. has put up some crazy numbers so far in his career. He hasn't just done it with one team like Swann, he's played well with multiple QBs on multiple teams. Swann was a good WR, don't get me wrong. But T.O. is better.

I'm not going to say it is Swann, but most of you have at least poor reasoning.

TO has better numbers partly AT LEAST due to changes in the game. These include not just the way people think about it, but absolute changes in the rules of the games to make passing more effecient.

The way you'd look at this is to look at the number of seasons they were in the top 5 or 10 in different relavent statistics for WR's.

I'll also point out because of advances in medical sciences and the way the game is played, a lot of players play longer today than in the past. I wouldn't be shocked if Swann had a higher peak, but TO has a better career simply because I'll bet he will end up playing longer so you could argue that you need to look at percentages and not absolute numbers.

Easily TO. Athletes nowadays are much better than they were 30 years ago. Swann would be average at best in today's NFL.

If you ignore advances in the related sciences, there is absolutely no reason to believe that atheletes today are more better than atheletes in the past.

In other words, if you took a young Lynn Swann and gave him what we know today about praciticing, health, conditioning, etc., and he applied in a manner to what the best modern atheletes do there is no reason to believe he couldn't compete in the NFL.

Archived