Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

preseason games in nyc

ultimatewarrior

It seems like the majority of modern society says "eh, it's preseason... wake me up when the real season starts..."

Well I guess that makes me an entirely different breed of man-- because tonight I WILL have my #47 jersey on in Manhattan and I WILL still be going ape**** in the 4th quarter when Fincher gets a pick-6 from QB John Beck.

But where do I go? Does anyone know if MASN is carried up in the city? (Or is it mostly just a local channel?) I've heard RedSky is an intense Skins bar... but do they go all out for preseason?? Does anyone know what cable providers will be showing the game up here?

I've searched all over and found nothing. Help this shiny new Brooklynite find his way to a large flatscreen with his beloved Redskins playing on it... (even if that flatscreen happens to be in your grandmother's apartment on Coney Island)

Thanks guys

I think our only option for live is the radio broadcast online..

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Radio_Broadcast_Network_1139.jsp

I don't think that Comcast channel showing the game appears on our local cable companies, but I would need someone else to confirm that since I am on DirecTV (only ones with Sunday Ticket and only way to watch Skins on TV every week; simple choice, huh?)

Now..with DirecTV, you can get Comcast (MASN or whatever it's called in local DC land) via their SportsPack option, but as I found out last season, the pres-season games are blacked out outside of DC market.

Looking forward to some hope to watch from some others!!

Sorry but you are out of luck. Preseason games are not a part of the NFL Sunday ticket package and Comcast Sportsnet from DC will be blacked out during the game even though it is an option on DTV. You will still be able to see the pre and post game shows but that is it. I had this issue with Direct TV last year and was told the only way to see the preseason games is to have the local DC package which they can not authorize for people living out of town.

I got this from Redsky today.

Hi,

Just spoke with the Cable company, the games are being shown regionally and we are unable to view them even with our subscription to NFL season pass. We will begin showing regular season games in September though. Hope to see you then!

Meghan

LaRonDontLikeUgly where in BK are you? I'm there too. We got a bunch of BK Skins fans actually.

RED SKY BAR

47 East 29th St @ Park Ave

http://www.redskynyc.com

*ALL REDSKINS GAMES ARE PLAYED ON EVERY TV AND WITH SOUND*

We went through this last year and if I recall correctly no pre-season games were shown. They have Direct TV Sunday Ticket so if the preseason games are on there then there's a chance Red Sky will show them, if not then they won't. If LaRou is around he might have a better recollection than I.

For REAL? This is like a New Yorker Redskins fan's WET DREAM!! Ok...so MAYBE I am a little excited.

Won't cancel my Sunday Ticket sub, but sure as heck would come down to check out a few games in a place like this!

It get's nuts! Seriously better than any sports bar I've ever been to in the DC area. I think all of us NYer's go a little more all out up here just because we don't get as much of a chance to.

Archived