Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Current Redskins that have a shot at the hall

ZIBBY28

Portis should be a lock, Haynesworth as well if he keeps it up. I really think that Cooley has the best chance of all. If we actually win a SB then there will be plenty of others.

No sir. Chris Cooley will NEVER make the hall of fame.

There are 7 tight ends in the hall of fame.

Mike Ditka 1961-1972

John Mackey 1963-1972

Ozzie Newsome 1978-1990

Dave Casper 1974-1984

Jackie Smith 1963-1978

Kellen Winslow 1979-1987

Charlie Sanders 1968-1977

You think Chris Cooley is better than Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez, Todd Christensen, Antonio Gates, Kellen II, Todd Heap, Dallas Clark, Ben Coates, Shannon Sharpe, or even Jerry Smith? To say Chris Cooley is HOF worthy, is ludacrous. If Chris Cooley gets in, it's not before more than half the list I just stated.

7 TE's since 1961. Sure. Chris Cooley is a lock. :doh:

Mike Ditka 1961-1972

John Mackey 1963-1972

Ozzie Newsome 1978-1990

Dave Casper 1974-1984

Jackie Smith 1963-1978

Kellen Winslow 1979-1987

You think Chris Cooley is better than Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez, Todd Christensen, Antonio Gates, Kellen II, Todd Heap, Dallas Clark, Ben Coates, Shannon Sharpe, or even Jerry Smith? To say Chris Cooley is HOF worthy, is ludacrous. If Chris Cooley gets in, it's not before more than half the list I just stated.

so because theres not a lot of TEs in the hall cooley doesnt have a shot? youre being crazy.

tony gonzo in first 5 seasons - played full seasons:

334 receptions, 3958 yards, 30 TDs. and hes a lock for sure

chris cooley in first 5 seasons - played full seasons:

314 receptions, 3447 yards, 28 TDs.

look how close the receptions and TDs are. sure gonzo got more yards but thats not a huge difference. youre going way overboard on the cooley stuff. if cooley continues producing like he is for a number of years, he'll be in consideration. youre flat out wrong.

Mike Ditka 1961-1972

John Mackey 1963-1972

Ozzie Newsome 1978-1990

Dave Casper 1974-1984

Jackie Smith 1963-1978

Kellen Winslow 1979-1987

to be fair... saying he is a lock is about a ludacris as saying he will NEVER make it....

he's young, and got a long career ahead of him - there's also no garuntee he'll be a redskin forever.

So i think he's got posibility... but the team around him needs to become better for him to beconsidered HOF worthy. TE is not a position that can lead you to, and win, a superbowl - no matter how good you are. And its only a position that gets that sort of recognition when the team they are on at least makes multiple superbowl appearences.

I would say possibly Portis and Haynesworth. Other than that, I can't really say that there are going to be many other players who are going to make it.

How in the hell can you say Haynesworth? He hasn't done **** his entire career until the two years he needed to play to get a huge payday. Portis yes, Haynesworth has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go to even be mention or considered for HoF material.

Archived