Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McGahee and Ray Rice both looking strong

ZIBBY28

article by Mike Duffy..

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/08/McGahee_-_Rice_Pushing_Each_Other.aspx

as a ravens fan, im excited to see mcgahee's desire to play the game this year. he came into camp last year out of shape, unmotivated, and acted like he didnt care. i feel like mcgahee plays well when he has something to prove.. after the bowl game where he tore his ACL, he lit it up in his first full year.. after getting the boot in buffalo, he put up over 1200 yards rushing on a 5-11 team with the ravens.. i think this could be a year when mcgahee silences his critics, and ray rice emerges as future star in this league.

fearless forecast:

McGahee - 1400 total yards (1100 rushing), 9 TD, 4.1 YPC

Rice - 1100 total yards (750 rushing), 4 TD, 4.3 YPC

thoughts??

Ravens led the league with 592 rushing attempts last season. The rushing numbers Zibby is suggesting would require about 450 carries between Rice and McGahee.

I don't really know how Le'Ron McClain factors in to all of this, though.

Actually, I misread it. The actual rushing yards were in the parentheses. It's a much more managable 442, but I think they will turn Flacco loose more this year...and not using McClain as a power back is not smart in my eyes...

IMO they currently have 3, #2 backs.....

They are all WORTHY of the starting position however Willis gets my nod if healthy......I don't think the other two backs could start for more than 4-5 teams. I think the Baltimore O-Line is just good enough to make the "rock cartwrights" of the league look better than they really are.....

I'm a big fan of Ray Rice. I was pissed when he was drafted by BMore cuz I dislike them very much. I felt like Rice woulda been a perfect Gibbs back and I love his tough running style. Willis....not so much. Don't like him, can't believe I had to defend Portis to the guys at work who thought McGahee was better! Freakin Carroll County

Actually, I misread it. The actual rushing yards were in the parentheses. It's a much more managable 442, but I think they will turn Flacco loose more this year...and not using McClain as a power back is not smart in my eyes...

i agree that they'll let Flacco throw more this year, but there wont be many big plays in Baltimore.. Heap could get more involved in the passing game, along with LJ Smith. at the same time, lorenzo neal is gone, and somebody needs to fill his shoes.. he is the best blocking FB in the league IMO, and McClain is nowhere near that status yet, but McClain will still get his carries at TB in short yardage situations and is there if mcgahee and/or rice go down.. im excited to see what cedric peerman from UVA can do, too.. i think he'll get demoted to the practice squad this year, though

Archived