Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR Battle Thread

redskin301

I would like to see both of them push ARE to 4. Zorn wants to go 4 wide a lot, right? ARE can focus on his return duties a bit more and with a lighter load should be less prone to getting nicked up. Forced to choose now, I think Thomas has the edge.

A question to ponder. Why has ARE been our 2 for so many years? Obviously we like him there. And not just Zorn; Saunders and Gibbs as well. Over Thrash and everyone else, it has been automatic that he is our 2. Really not even a discussion. Oddly, Jason takes near all the blame of any passing woes, many turning a blind eye to our WR core. I know Zorn has already mentioned ARE in the slot, but until we see him there, I am trying to temper my enthusiasm. Its going to be really hard for a second year WR to wrestle that spot away from a gristly old vet like Randel El.

Oh, they grabbed Brandon Lloyd in the same offseason they grabbed Randle El and had Lloyd slated to be the No. 2 ...we ALL know how that turned out.

I'd like to see us having a dominant WR corps that no matter who we play it gives teams nightmares. I want Thomas to be our Fitzgerald, Kelly to be our Boldin, and Moss to be our Steve Smith. Is that asking too much?

I should add to that I want Davis to be our Gates and Cooley to be our Cooley.

ARE can be our Breaston :)

Wow! I dont think we even have a #1 WR. Moss never even should have been a #1! He was always better fit at 2nd! Bet thats why this team struggles in the passing game! Lookin at his production as of late! We really need a #1 and a #2!! He would probably produce more with him at slot or #2!

Archived