Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Pats lose a game in 2009?

illone

Yes I think they will. They play at Indy on Sunday night Week 10. That's probably their best chance at a loss.

That's kind of what I was thinking. But I could see Indy having a down year and not making the playoffs.

Houston? No way they can hang with the Pats.

I hate the Patriots but I wont let my hate ruin this post.

I say the Pats have a shot but the odds are it wont happen. Games vs Atlanta, vs Tennessee, at Indy, at New Orleans, vs Carolina, at Buffalo, and at Houston will be tough games to win.

I say they are 8-0 going into the game with the Colts. I think they will lose in Indy and drop three other games after that (NO, Buf, Hou).

So give me the Patriots to finish 12-4. At the sametime all of those games on the schedule are winnable and it wouldnt shock me if they go 16-0.

On a sidenote the Patriots at Saints game week 12 on MNF will be the game of the year imo.

but that defense isnt the same.

I actually think their defense has gotten better. Only time will tell though.

Keep in mind you guys were playing against Rosenfels, and the Patriots defense isn't the '08 Ravens defense. While they're improving, their backfield will be eaten alive by Johnson, Walter, and Daniels.

Sorry, I had a typo. I meant to say "offense". They couldn't stop the Ravens offense, so there's no way they'll even slow down Brady.

Lol Houston, seriously?

:chair:

I'm not sure if that defense could put up enough of a fight to shut down the Patriots offense with Brady at the helm, but that Houston offense is scarily good with Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Kevin Walter, and Steve Slaton. While it'd be a shootout, Houston could very well win it.

You're talking about a team that ranked 3rd in total offense last year (higher than any other team except NO and Denver), playing at home against a not 100% Brady and with an improved defense.

You're talking about a team that ranked 3rd in total offense last year (higher than any other team except NO and Denver), playing at home against a not 100% Brady and with an improved defense.

Exactly, which is why I argued that while it'd most likely be a shootout, Houston could very well win it.

:chair:

I'm talking about a team that was 16th in scoring (lower than even the 28th rated Ravens) last year and has never finished above third in the division facing one of the best teams in the nfl.

I'm talking about a team that was 16th in scoring (lower than even the 28th rated Ravens) last year and has never finished above third in the division facing one of the best teams in the nfl.

Yes, scoring is the only way of validating an offense. :no:

3rd in plays from scrimmage

3rd in total yards per game

4th in 1st downs per game

You're also talking about an expac team that plays against 3 perennial playoff teams in the Colts, Jags and Titans.

I still say Houston has no shot to beat NE. Yes, they improved, but Brady is still in his prime and he's going to be fired up this season to prove that 07 wasn't a fluke. Couple that with the improvements they made on defense since then and the fact that Bellichick is going to run one of his toughest camps yet and I think you have a legitimate case for a team that can run the table.

I'll be shocked if Indy or Houston beats the Pats this year.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't see how we could've worked out keeping him, but I do know that when he does play, he'll be shutting down everyone out there.

I definitely don't regret letting him go, but I just have a feeling he's gonna have a huge year for the Pats. Bigger than any year he's had for the Skins.

Speaks more towards the team in general, and how Bellichick is a genius at getting the most out of guys like Springs. I'll laugh if this guy plays the entire season without injury:doh:.

• 2 months later...

Archived