Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm tired of the hating on the skins

mzkp54

Oh he did. We made a bet. he's a pats fan so if they get 4 or less wins I have to wear a dallas cowboys shirt for a week and they get more than 4 he has to wear one with a pic of brady going down last season

You're from Philthy, which means you're surrounded by dirty Iggles fans or bandwagon Steelers jump-ons. What do you expect? They're trying to get you going before the season even starts. If they aren't smart fans with actual football knowledge, ignore them. But if you have previously respected their football views and fandom, I'd be interested to know why they think this.

Unfortunately, my bet is that its a completely uninformed jackass.

If it's an Iggles fan, remind him of the nice, clean sweeping they endured at the Skins' hands last season. Unfortunately, the reigning Superbowl champs can talk any smack they want, until they have been dethroned. That's part of the bragging rights that go along with winning it all.

Ahh, I see its a Patriots fan. I'm from CT, so I'm surrounded by them, and have been my whole life. Not very knowledgeable on the subject of football, if you ask me, and they've been spoiled with victory the last few seasons. I find it very hard to have a legit football conversation with a Patriots fan, they aren't objective or reasonable at all.

Oh he did. We made a bet. he's a pats fan so if they get 4 or less wins I have to wear a dallas cowboys shirt for a week and they get more than 4 he has to wear one with a pic of brady going down last season

Guy has to be a moron to think we will only win 4 games. Its obvious he doesn't know anything about football.

Ahh, I see its a Patriots fan. I'm from CT, so I'm surrounded by them, and have been my whole life. Not very knowledgeable on the subject of football, if you ask me, and they've been spoiled with victory the last few seasons. I find it very hard to have a legit football conversation with a Patriots fan, they aren't objective or reasonable at all.

I totally feel you. Half of them are bandwagon jumpers who just claim they've been fans their whole life. Or they just know about the Pats and nothing else

Guy has to be a moron to think we will only win 4 games. Its obvious he doesn't know anything about football.

Or he's been listening to too much ESPN

But the bulk of his argument was that we overpaid for Haynesworth (to which I replied his salary doesn't impact his role) that Portis is broken and useless, which is just ridiculous, that Campbell is a "fraud" were his exact words, which i don't totally get, and that our secondary is garbage

Or he's been listening to too much ESPN

Dude, I don't think there's a single ESPN analyst who would say that the Skins will win only 4 games. Nah....I'll stick to the moron theory by the guy a couple of posts up. ;) Yep, anyone that would say that is a fuggin' idiot.

Back to my regularly scheduled Jim Beam Black programming.

Dude, I don't think there's a single ESPN analyst who would say that the Skins will win only 4 games. Nah....I'll stick to the moron theory by the guy a couple of posts up. ;) Yep, anyone that would say that is a fuggin' idiot.

Back to my regularly scheduled Jim Beam Black programming.

haha fair enough. yeah i stopped worrying too much about his opinions when he told me the Broncos would go 13-3 and make the Superbowl but lose to the Packers. guy just knows nothing about football

We're a Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and a RT away from having a formidable passing game.

can't wait!

haha fair enough. yeah i stopped worrying too much about his opinions when he told me the Broncos would go 13-3 and make the Superbowl but lose to the Packers. guy just knows nothing about football

The BRONCOS? lol Yeah, im sure Kyle Orton will lead them to that record and a SB appearance next year. haha...Dude, you need to hang around some sober people.

The BRONCOS? lol Yeah, im sure Kyle Orton will lead them to that record and a SB appearance next year. haha...Dude, you need to hang around some sober people.

Haha i had the same response. told him to give me his picks when the crack wore off

We're a Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and a RT away from having a formidable passing game.

Actually we've had Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly for a year now....there's nothing formidable about them.

Total agreement about the RT though...we really do need one of them.

I just had an argument with someone who was trying to convince me the skins would get 4 wins next year and it was solely because of our secondary. I just don't get it!

You should be safe on that bet...I don't see them making the playoffs with that offensive line, but you should be on the safe side of 4 games.

You should have left after he mentioned the secondary.

Our OL is questionable. Campbell has question marks and isn't exactly endorsed by the FO. Portis is one year older. Our Rookies were miserable this year. Will Orakpo struggle at a new position?

All reasonable questions. None of them are at all related to our secondary, which is easily our most comfortable group in terms of anticipation.

First of all, I really don't get why fans get their panties in a wad because someone else doesn't think the Skins will be good. Many fans right here aren't sure how good we'll be! Seriously, why does it matter if your friend, co-worker, or someone from ESPN thinks we'll suck? We'll find out the answer at the end of the year.

But, you let that guy off the hook. The Redskins could indeed win only 4 games (I don't think they will win only 4 myself), and if they do, it probably won't be because of the secondary. You should have made some sort of bet that included the secondary (Defensive rank, INTs, etc). You could be right about the secondary, and still lose the bet.

Hail,

H

I just had an argument with someone who was trying to convince me the skins would get 4 wins next year and it was solely because of our secondary. I just don't get it!

-Well then he obviously knows next to nothing about the Washington Redskins, and isn't even worth a debate... Had he said our offensive struggles will hold us back, that would be one thing, but to claim one of our strengths will be what holds us back is just plain stupid

During the 3rd week of July, a PHILLY television station did a 30 minute show previewing the NFC EAST. They of course discussed Philly, and Dallas, and then the Giants. Guess what? They did nor even MENTION the Redskins! My older bro lives near Philly, he watched the show, and this is the truth. It was as if the Redskins weren't even part of the division! Not even a mention! Ha! Our Skins have beaten the chumps in Philly 3 times over the past 2 seasons.....so the joke is on them.

During the 3rd week of July, a PHILLY television station did a 30 minute show previewing the NFC EAST. They of course discussed Philly, and Dallas, and then the Giants. Guess what? They did nor even MENTION the Redskins! My older bro lives near Philly, he watched the show, and this is the truth. It was as if the Redskins weren't even part of the division! Not even a mention! Ha! Our Skins have beaten the chumps in Philly 3 times over the past 2 seasons.....so the joke is on them.

-We beat them during the season but in this decade Philly has gotten to the NFC Championship/Superbowl how many times? Not saying they are a better team historically, but in the recent time, the Philadelphia Eagles have been a far better team than the Redskins

Archived