Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: No great expectations for this Cowboys team

tr1

So who on the roster is better? Specifically SS?

Dont worry, I'll wait :munchout:

I think that the Cowboys are counting on Sensabaugh being better in that role. Time will tell, but the truth of the matter is that they removed RW in obvious passing situations, which is a stinging indictment of his ability away from the LOS. It honestly wouldn't be hard to improve upon this....

I think that the Cowboys are counting on Sensabaugh being better in that role.

Oh, kind of like Roy Williams the WR is going to fill the void of ME O.

Dallas will struggle mainly in the run defense. Coaches know how to sub a guy out. Its real simple, RW(SS) on 3rd and long, YOUR OUT. I forgot Jerrah Jones is the coach, so that could be a problem.

:nutkick:

So who on the roster is better? Specifically SS?

Dont worry, I'll wait :munchout:

So Pro Bowls and the fact that nobody else on the team is any better disproves that Williams wasn't all that good? For starters, Williams making the Pro Bowl each year became a running joke, even in the media. And second, just because your FO didn't do enough to find a better replacement doesn't mean Williams was hard to replace lol...

It honestly wouldn't be hard to improve upon this....

They haven't.....

Marvin Lewis revealed his depth chart and even though they had about the same number of snaps during the spring workouts, five-time Pro Bowler Roy Williams is listed as the starting strong safety ahead of last year's incumbent Chinedum Ndukwe.

http://www.bengals.com/

So Pro Bowls and the fact that nobody else on the team is any better disproves that Williams wasn't all that good? For starters, Williams making the Pro Bowl each year became a running joke, even in the media. And second, just because your FO didn't do enough to find a better replacement doesn't mean Williams was hard to replace lol...

Im still waiting to hear who the better SS on the roster is, thats all? :whoknows:

Help me understand how they have improved by letting him go? :whoknows:

And don't say Sensabaugh, b/c he hasn't done anything close to what Roy Williams has. So, I'll wait..................................:munchout:

When the Bengal's run D is better than Dallas's, just remember this point im making.

If they can take linebacker out on 3rd and long, to bring a better cover db/nickel guy, why can't they take RW out and bring whoever supposed to be better in coverage in on those downs. :whoknows:

Oh, kind of like Roy Williams the WR is going to fill the void of ME O.

Dallas will struggle mainly in the run defense. Coaches know how to sub a guy out. Its real simple, RW(SS) on 3rd and long, YOUR OUT. I forgot Jerrah Jones is the coach, so that could be a problem.

:nutkick:

I thought that we were talking about the defense? Why are you bringing up RW11? Or JJ as a coach? I'm not worried about Dallas' run D, I'm worried about how effective they are against the pass. We will see....

I'm not worried about Dallas' run D, I'm worried about how effective they are against the pass. We will see....

Yeah, teams in the NFC east aren't known for running the rock :rolleyes:

I'd say your worries will start after week 1. But as you've said, We will see. :whoknows:

I thought that we were talking about the defense? Why are you bringing up RW11? Or JJ as a coach? I'm not worried about Dallas' run D, I'm worried about how effective they are against the pass. We will see....

FYI

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/07/five-downs-wth-football-outsiders-can-th.html

Bill Barnwell, a contributing editor at footballoutsiders.com and one of the minds behind the must-read Football Outsiders Almanac 2009

Once Terence Newman returned to health last year, the Cowboys had the second-best pass defense in the NFL. That was with essentially the same personnel as they'll line up this year, as Henry was a relative non-factor, Adam Jones had already spiralled out of the starting lineup, and Sensabaugh should be an upgrade on the flotsam that was lined up at safety next to Ken Hamlin.

Once Terence Newman returned to health last year, the Cowboys had the second-best pass defense in the NFL. That was with essentially the same personnel as they'll line up this year, as Henry was a relative non-factor, Adam Jones had already spiralled out of the starting lineup, and Sensabaugh should be an upgrade on the flotsam that was lined up at safety next to Ken Hamlin.

And yet, the pukes couldn't win at the end of the season to make the playoffs. In fact, there wasn't any need to pass against the pukes in the next to final game against Baltimore (139 yards rushing by McClain). And we all know how the Philly game went.

Revisionist history by puke fans.

Classic.

And yet, the pukes couldn't win at the end of the season to make the playoffs. In fact, there wasn't any need to pass against the pukes in the next to final game against Baltimore (139 yards rushing by McClain). And we all know how the Philly game went.

Revisionist history by puke fans.

Classic.

So you know Bill Barnwell, a contributing editor at footballoutsiders.com, is

a revisionist historian and a Cowboy fan ?

Your supposed depth of Cowboy knowledge is truly astounding.

Are those voices telling you things again?

So you know Bill Barnwell, a contributing editor at footballoutsiders.com, is

a revisionist historian and a Cowboy fan ?

Your supposed depth of Cowboy knowledge is truly astounding.

Are those voices telling you things again?

Just letting you know that there wasn't a need to pass while running against the pukes was so effective.

I know, I know...the facts hurt, eh?

:rotflmao:

Just letting you know that there wasn't a need to pass while running against the pukes was so effective.

Yeah the Ravens didn't even need a qb to throw to beat Dallas, they just ran down there throat b/c they knew they could.

What are your expectations for your team this year?

We all know how you feel about Dallas. Just curious if you have the stones to go on record about your teams expectations.

I'll wait

What are your expectations for your team this year?

We all know how you feel about Dallas. Just curious if you have the stones to go on record about your teams expectations.

I'll wait

I belive they have over at the Stadium. :whoknows:

I belive they have over at the Stadium. :whoknows:

A quick glance of the 'other' poster's thread history shows that they posted in 2 threads about the skins compared to these types of threads. So it's hard to ascertain if he even knows what's going on with his team.

/shoulder shrug

A quick glance of the 'other' poster's thread history shows that they posted in 2 threads about the skins compared to these types of threads. So it's hard to ascertain if he even knows what's going on with his team.

/shoulder shrug

Well besides the fact that the you just used a red herring in order to shift the subject completely away from what was being discussed, not responding in anyway to what was said, talking about the Redskins is usually reserved for the Stadium per the rules.

Talking about them in this subject not only has nothing to do with the subject at hand, but hijacks the thread. Just FYI.

Well besides the fact that the you just used a red herring in order to shift the subject completely away from what was being discussed, not responding in anyway to what was said, talking about the Redskins is usually reserved for the Stadium per the rules.

Talking about them in this subject not only has nothing to do with the subject at hand, but hijacks the thread. Just FYI.

:poke:

He's going to poke some more fun before :banhim:

Now back to the subject,

I belive w/ the loss of Roy L. Williams SS (the PROVEN good one), Dallas will struggle in the run D and w/ the loss of Me O the offense will struggle moreso in the TD category.

So some Dallas fans will try and argue, its addition by subtraction. :nono:

Loss of Me O and Roy Williams ( the proven good one) = 2 more losses than last season ( at best) 7-9. Just MHO.

Roy L. Williams the SS (the PROVEN good one). Played 98 of a possible 99 Dallas games from 2002-07, with 96 starts … Credited with three seasons in Dallas of 100-plus tackles, 5 time probowler. 3 defensive TDs OFF INTS, He has 3.8 ints per year w/ 2 forced fumbles per year. Williams missed most of the 2008 season with a broken arm.

Dude earned his probowls, compare his body of work to any SS in the last 5 years and get back to me. I'll wait :munchout:

I've witnessed players like Cooley and Witten eat up guys like Dawkins. So bring it!

Roy Williams the wideout is a #2 and nothing more.

Dallas finishes 7-9 at best. Thats my expectations :cheers:

:poke:

He's going to poke some more fun before :banhim:

Now back to the subject,

I belive w/ the loss of Roy Williams SS (the PROVEN good one), Dallas will struggle in the run D and w/ the loss of Me O the offense will struggle moreso in the TD category.

So some Dallas fans will try and argue, its addition by subtraction. :nono:

Loss of Me O and Roy Williams ( the proven good one) = 2 more losses than last season ( at best) 7-9. Just MHO.

While they do not really have anyone after Roy Williams (SS), I personally dont think he was very good so its not really a negative thing for him to be gone.

I also really do not see Roy Williams (WR) being any better then a #2 WR, he hasnt shown anything really in his career to warrant being called a #1. He has never really been someone that defenses really have to worry about. He is just another receiver.

The thread was hijacked as soon as people started talking about Roy 'the safety' Williams.

Redskins is usually reserved for the Stadium per the rules.

I get it. So, when an Extremeskins member posts about the skins in any number of threads about Dallas, it's fine?

FYI. Roy Williams had nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Archived