Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: No great expectations for this Cowboys team

tr1

So did everyone else's on the team :whoknows:

Roy Williams numbers dropped off much more than TO's did.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

You do realize he came to the team mid season, correct?

Can you even construct a coherent argument?

If you think he is going to be as productive as T.O., just say it. Don't beat around the bush w/ these numbers again :doh:

I think he's going to be as productive as TO was last year.

Now what?

I say he will be less productive than T.O. was. Thats all. :dallasuck

Why?

Construct an argument that supports your stance.

To go back on the topic of expectations, I actually think the Cowboys have high ones for this year . . . Because of only two reasons - 1. The supposed "addition by subtraction" with no more Owens. 2. The new stadium. Jerry expects the Boys to succeed . . . ESPECIALLY at home with the new digs. So every home game the team will have the weight on their shoulders to win just because of the new stadium.

My expectations are a little more reserved compared to what you perceive to be the case.

You think Roy Williams will be as productive as TO was? :insane:

Please, enlighten me of this thought you have. Why is Roy Williams the unproven WR going to be as productive as T.O. was? Just b/c you said so, doesn't make it true.

You keep wearing those blue and silver shades :cool:

:thumbsup:

Why?

Construct an argument that supports your stance.

Just compare T.O. and Roy Williams at any world wide nfl website and you gotta take off the blue and silver shades when your reading the facts.

If you can tell me one thing Roy Williams has done in the nfl better than T.O. Please enlighten me.

I'll wait....:munchout:

You think Roy Williams will be as productive as TO was? :insane:

Please, enlighten me of this thought you have. Why is Roy Williams the unproven WR going to be as productive as T.O. was? Just b/c you said so, doesn't make it true.

You keep wearing those blue and silver shades :cool:

:thumbsup:

Just compare T.O. and Roy Williams at any world wide nfl website and you gotta take off the blue and silver shades when your reading the facts.

If you can tell me one thing Roy Williams has done in the nfl better than T.O. Please enlighten me.

I'll wait....:munchout:

the difference between Ware and Orakpo is that Ware is under contract for this year. Please try and follow along. Please try and keep up. Please try harder.

:wtf:

Take a deep breath and relax.

And stay away from the crack.

I think im one of the few Skins fans who believe the Cowboys will have a better overall offense than they did last season. I see the Cowboys having success with their 3 headed ground game that will setup Romo sits to pee and the playaction to Witten, Roy Dub, and alot of other players who are solid (Crayton, Austin, and Bennett). Also Felix Jones who is now healthy should provide alot of spark with his catches out of the backfield.

I believe with TO and his complaing gone (gets 20 targets in a game and complains he needs the ball more afterwards) and a new found approach on offense in place they will have a better offense in 2009. They will also have a better chance to finally win a playoff game if they get in imo. With a better offense and a very solid defense the Cowboys have a good shot of getting a wild card and maybe making some noise in the playoffs.

I see the Eagles winning the East and the Skins, Cowboys, and Giants all battling for 2nd place.

It should be a fun season to be a fan of a NFC East team.

You guys have the same questions and problems that we do.

Just as uncertain.

Thanks for the recap, I know the Skins pretty well, I am after all a fan of that team.

:doh:

Nice of you to change the subject, though. Aren't we discussing how bad the Cowboys suck, not the Redskins? There are plenty of threads on that in the Stadium, maybe you should try that area:whoknows:.

Back on this topic for a second, though, like I said the Cowgirls are going to suck worse than the Redskins. I have the Skins winning 8-9 games, so clearly 6-7 is less than that:chair:

I think im one of the few Skins fans who believe the Cowboys will have a better overall offense than they did last season.

--snip--

I see the Eagles winning the East and the Skins, Cowboys, and Giants all battling for 2nd place.

It should be a fun season to be a fan of a NFC East team.

You're about the first Redskin's fan to share my view on the NFC east, except I think that the loss of Jim Johnson will really put the Eagles in the mix with everyone else.

Now what?

I think that HOGS FLY! , Now what?

Just gives any form of evidence that Roy Williams (the unproven WR) is going to be as productive as T.O. Practice doesn't count :hysterical:

I'll wait................:munchout:

Just gives any form of evidence that Roy Williams (the unproven WR) is going to be as productive as T.O. Practice doesn't count :hysterical:

Let's be clear - since you're avoiding the argument I posed - that RW will be as productive as Owens last year:

TO

REC (69)

Yards (1052)

TDs (10)

RW 2006 (example proving he's capable)

REC (82)

Yards (1310)

TDs (7)

All I had to do is prove that he is capable of putting up similar numbers.

Q.E.D.

I would like to see evidence supporting why you think he can't. Not just a 'feeling.'

I'll wait.

TO's numbers were in sharp decline last year, particularly given how much the ball was thrown to him, but as a WR in his mid 30's thats somewhat expected but he still only produced 69 catches for 1,052 yards as the most targeted WR in the NFL

The last season Roy Williams was the #1 WR he had 82 catches for 1,310 yards, and while that was a few years ago he's only 27 which is a peak age for WR's.

TO's numbers were in sharp decline last year, particularly given how much the ball was thrown to him, but as a WR in his mid 30's thats somewhat expected but he still only produced 69 catches for 1,052 yards as the most targeted WR in the NFL

The last season Roy Williams was the #1 WR he had 82 catches for 1,310 yards, and while that was a few years ago he's only 27 which is a peak age for WR's.

Goddamn logic again.

TO

REC (69)

Yards (1052)

TDs (10)

REC (82)

Yards (1310)

TDs (7)

2006? :whoknows:

Are you still trying to argue that Roy Williams will be just as big a threat as T.O. was?

How convient of you to bring up T.O.'s WORSE season w/ Dallas compared to Roy Williams best season when Mike Martz was calling 40 pass plays per game. LOL. Your not fooling anybody, GOOD TRY :applause:

Why not bring up Roy Williams past 2 seasons, since its more relevant to the present.

You belive in Roy Williams :thumbsup:

How convient of you to bring up T.O.'s WORSE season w/ Dallas compared to Roy Williams best season when Mike Martz was calling 40 pass plays per game. LOL. Your not fooling anybody, GOOD TRY :applause:

Do you not read before you post? Do you not understand what people are posting?

Of course I chose his worst year.

I stated that RW will be comparable to TO LAST year.

One more time...

Last year

Are you that slow or is this all just an act?

Why not bring up Roy Williams past 2 seasons, since its more relevant to the present.

M-O-R-E S-L-O-W-L-Y this time.

RW was not the number one receiver the last 2 years.

Do you need some help understanding this

TO

REC (69)

Yards (1052)

TDs (10)

REC (82)

Yards (1310)

TDs (7)

All I had to do is prove that he is capable of putting up similar numbers.

I stated that RW will be comparable to TO LAST year.

One more time...

Last year

Are you that slow or is this all just an act?

2006 is not last year. Oh you can use last year for T.O. but b/c Roy Williams wasn't a #1 Wr you go all the back to 06. How convienent of you to talk about last year, when it suits your argument. Thats my point. You belive in Roy Williams, :thumbsup:

So are we comparing last year or 2006? :whoknows:

Im comparing from last year or even the last 2yrs, you keep comparing it to 06 when Roy Williams had Mike Martz calling plays :thumbsup:

Everyone on Dallas's offense got worse last year, not just T.O. But if you wanna compare T.O.'s worst to Roy Williams best, do what you like. Only use logic when its convienent for you :applause:

2006 is not last year. Oh you can use last year for T.O. but b/c Roy Williams wasn't a #1 Wr you go all the back to 06. How convienent of you to talk about last year, when it suits your argument. Thats my point. You belive in Roy Williams, :thumbsup:

this is just brilliant proof that you don't get it and cant follow a thread and a debate.......:doh:

I'm convinced. This has to be an act. No one can be this confused.

2006 was the last year RW was a number one receiver.

Logic dictates that number one receivers get more looks and more plays where they are looked at.

These things are true:

Last year RW wasn't a number one receiver. In 2007 he wasn't the number one receiver.

Last year - the year I said RW will be comparable - TO was the number one.

TO is no longer here. TO is no longer the number one. RW is the number one this year.

Therefore, this year as the number one RW will put up comparable numbers to TO.

I'm done with you because it's extremely tiresome to have to hold your hand every discussion.

I'm convinced. This has to be an act. No one can be this confused.

2006 was the last year RW was a number one receiver.

Logic dictates that number one receivers get more looks and more plays where they are looked at.

History shows Roy Williams is not a consistent #1 and maybe thats why he wasn't a #1 for the past 2 years :whoknows: But if you belive he is just as productive as T.O. thats your opinion. Don't expect many to back you on this ;)

Just b/c Roy Williams is a #1 Wr now doesnt automatically make him as good or as big a threat as T.O. was. Sorry we don't agree on this :cheers:

History shows Roy Williams is not a consistent #1 and maybe thats why he wasn't a #1 for the past 2 years :whoknows: But if you belive he is just as productive as T.O. thats your opinion. Don't expect many to back you on this ;)

Just b/c Roy Williams is a #1 Wr now doesnt automatically make him as good or as big a threat as T.O. was. Sorry we don't agree on this :cheers:

dude he said he would do as well as TO did LAST YEAR numbers wise.......and showed and educated reason why......you certainly have a right to disagree...but he asked you for facts as to why RW11 could not as the #1 WR in Dallas put up similar numbers to what TO did last ...LAST YEAR, not in his career not what he did in 2006......LAST YEAR!!!!

dude he said he would do as well as TO did LAST YEAR numbers wise

:applause: And I said Roy Williams is not the threat that T.O. was. Thats all :munchout:

I'd like to hear how the field opens up more w/o T.O. Im learning :D

:applause: And I said Roy Williams is not the threat that T.O. was. Thats all :munchout:

I'd like to hear how the field opens up more w/o T.O. Im learning :D

wonder where the old posters from last year are that said, TO had horrible hands and could not get off the line when jammed.......

Remember in all his glory last season he had more balls thrown his way then anyone on the team and ended up with 69 receptions.

RW11 may not be capable of doing all the things TO has done in his career, however i am sure he will be enough to cover the 69 catches, and I am sure he has the ability to draw a double coverage to open up the middle for Whit-Dawg......

RW11 may not be capable of doing all the things TO has done in his career.

Now thats better, if you say RW11 will catch 69 balls and get 7tds I can agree w/ that.

But history shows Qb stats come back down to reality after T.O. is gone.

I don't belive defenses will fear RW11 as deep threat or as much a threat as what T.O. was all together. If you think defenses fear RW11 like they do T.O. :thumbsup:

I did say that not forcing the ball to someone opens up the field though.

Seems :silly: I could argue that having a deep threat playmaker like T.O. opens up the field MUCH more so. Forcing the ball or not. T.O. makes qbs better and T.O. is still a bigger threat on the field than Roy Williams.

So if Romo sits to pee throws it out of bounds, instead of forcing it to his playmaker, defenses will loosen up and the field will open up :doh:

Archived