Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check For The New Season

Gregpeck99

Invest in Verizon or AT&T  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Invest in Verizon or AT&T

At the sametime I do believe Campbell will really breakout this season. Alot of factors are going his way he just has to step up and deliver. If he does Campbell lovers and haters will unite. If not Colt Brennan fever will be at a all-time high. :silly:

Thanks for agreeing that Campbell sucks. Your "breakout" wish is just that: a fantasy wrapped up inside a hope. Campbell peaked last year ... you won't see any better anytime. He can't step up ... he is limited talent-wise. Thats why FO tried to dump him and get Cutler/Sanchez.

But the Skins CANNOT average 3 more pts./gm with Campbell, Portis, Moss et al ... therein lies the rub. Thats why I published the post in the first place. The Skins need a top starting QB who makes quick decisions and has an accurate arm ... they currently do not. The offense still sucks ... and this make the unis even uglier!

We know you hate on Campbell, but Sheriff Gonna Git'cha is a top five back, what do you want to trade for the Peterson of the league every year?

Nothing wrong with Moss otherthan a complimentary WR on the other side. And ARE in the slot. You are so going to eat your words on the offense this year. And that will make the UNI's the best in the NFL.

Nothing wrong with Moss otherthan a complimentary WR on the other side. And ARE in the slot. You are so going to eat your words on the offense this year. And that will make the UNI's the best in the NFL.

Common Spinner ... you know Moss has suspect hands and disappears when he is doubled. He is a primma donna and is overpaid. The only thing I'm gonna eat when the season is over is Lobster and Champagne cause I'm gonna celebrate that the agony finally is over and the Skins have a top Draft choice reafy to spring on Tebow as Colt's back-up.:saber:

Common Spinner ... you know Moss has suspect hands and disappears when he is doubled. He is a primma donna and is overpaid. The only thing I'm gonna eat when the season is over is Lobster and Champagne cause I'm gonna celebrate that the agony finally is over and the Skins have a top Draft choice reafy to spring on Tebow as Colt's back-up.:saber:

Moss being doubled this year is going to only last two to three weeks, you'll see Doc Gloom. Otherwise Thomas is going to have 1100 yds.

Oh and You are going to celebrate a bad season for the Skins? Are you sure you don't want to see them fail this year. I hope you eat Dog Food when they make the playoffs. :logo:

At this time of the year, when all teams are even, its easy to be optimistic. But in the case of our beloved Burgundy and Gold, I see little reason things will be any different in 2009. Tell me I'm wrong and why?

I do NOT like this guy. Attacking everything even down to our uniforms?? Are you kidding me?? It's hard to tell that you're even a fan. Very sad.

Are you sure you don't want to see them fail this year. I hope you eat Dog Food when they make the playoffs. :logo:

I'm sure (and you should be sure) I don't want failure ... just the opposite ... but I do not call the shots ... if I were in control I would dump Campbell and Portis ... start TC and Play Betts/Alddrige ... using Davis and Williams wide and Moss in the slot. Occassionally, I would go two tight ends (Cooley, Davis) and 4-wide (using ARE/Kelly). I would put Heyer at RT and use Bridges, Rino and Clark in reserve. I would throw on 1st down most of the time and use the pass to set up the run. I would pass to the hot receiver frequently (rbs out in the flat). I would move the chains and keep the D rested. I would win 11 games at least. Ah ......... but sadly ... I'm not in control.:mad: PS: if we have a failing season ... I'll eat lobster salad to ease my depression!

:logo::logo:

I'm sure (and you should be sure) I don't want failure ... just the opposite ... but I do not call the shots ... if I were in control I would dump Campbell and Portis ... start TC and Play Betts/Alddrige ... using Davis and Williams wide and Moss in the slot. Occassionally, I would go two tight ends (Cooley, Davis) and 4-wide (using ARE/Kelly). I would put Heyer at RT and use Bridges, Rino and Clark in reserve. I would throw on 1st down most of the time and use the pass to set up the run. I would pass to the hot receiver frequently (rbs out in the flat). I would move the chains and keep the D rested. I would win 11 games at least. Ah ......... but sadly ... I'm not in control.:mad: PS: if we have a failing season ... I'll eat lobster salad to ease my depression!
:logo::logo:

You would go 11-5 and pigs would fly. :logo: Your kidding yourself. Though some of your changes could warrant discusson, it is just not that easy. And dump Portis, ha haaha, you surely would make Vinny look like a real GM :logo:

Speak not with forked-tongue my dear Dr. Spinningoutofcontrol!:saber:

WTF are you blabbing about now? First your the Dr. Gloom, I am the spinner. Second, what forked tongue? Where is the lie in what I said, you hate Portis. You even listed the reasons.

Good gravy Doc your losing it. You hate the uni's, the star RB, the starting QB, and on and on. Go do something productive, knit a blankie and curl up in it, your season is over.

The Redskins Defense is about to pound the opposition into submission. Sit back and enjoy it, maybe you could close your eyes and pretend they are different players wearing different uniforms.

But either way, this thread is not going away, it will haunt you. :silly:

1. Because his ego exceeds his production.

2. He is not a good enough pass receiver for the WCO.

3. He is a primma donna.

4. He has worn out his welcome.

5. His best days are behind him.

Watching him last season in the 1st half showed me Portis can still get it done. I do agree he hasnt lived up to my expectations when we got him from Denver. He has had his good seasons and his ok ones. Hes still a top 5 RB in this league though. I dont agree with 3, 4, and 5 at all.

I have 2 points to submit in response.

1. Defenses win championships. Our defense should be even better this season and I expect them to create more 3 and out and turnovers.

2. Offense I expect to be improved just because last season everyone was just getting familiar with the offense. I also expect the three rookie receivers to really contribute and that will be a big difference. Just how much improvement will depend on the offensive line ability to protect our QB and open holes for our RBs.

In summary I am optimistic that the defense will make it so tough on our opponents that even a little improvement in the offense will result in WINS.

Like a dream turned nightmare ... I never imagined you would be out there hiding in the bushes.:doh:

The dark cloud should know about nightmares, and Dr. Gloom fear me, I am the bush, I am the tree, I am everywhere. I am the Skinja :kungfu:

Battling ebil :evilg: :kungfu: till the death.

The 2009 Redskins have yet to play a down, and I will not give up an entire season or rain darkness over them until the games are played. :chair:

1. Defenses win championships. Our defense should be even better this season and I expect them to create more 3 and out and turnovers.

2. Offense I expect to be improved just because last season everyone was just getting familiar with the offense. I also expect the three rookie receivers to really contribute and that will be a big difference. Just how much improvement will depend on the offensive line ability to protect our QB and open holes for our RBs.

In summary I am optimistic that the defense will make it so tough on our opponents that even a little improvement in the offense will result in WINS.

Good reasoning skills there. And from an original ES'er, Eastern Shore that is, great job.

Johnny Local LIVES. ;)

Watching him last season in the 1st half showed me Portis can still get it done. I do agree he hasnt lived up to my expectations when we got him from Denver. He has had his good seasons and his ok ones. Hes still a top 5 RB in this league though. I dont agree with 3, 4, and 5 at all.

Year Team Rush Yds Yds/G Avg Lg TD 1st Stf YdL Fum Lost

2002 Denver Broncos 273 1508 94.2 5.5 59 15 79 11 20 5 3

2003 Denver Broncos 290 1591 122.4 5.5 65 14 76 23 48 3 1

2004 Washington Redskins 343 1315 87.7 3.8 64 5 65 33 90 5 4

2005 Washington Redskins 352 1516 94.8 4.3 47 11 74 27 45 3 2

2006 Washington Redskins 127 523 65.4 4.1 38 7 29 13 29 0 0

2007 Washington Redskins 325 1262 78.9 3.9 32 11 61 30 57 6 5

2008 Washington Redskins 342 1487 92.9 4.3 31 9 75 22 44 3 3

Totals: 2052 9202 92.0 4.5 65 72 459 159 333 25 18

So in 2006 you were so disappointed that you think it was a bad trade?

Because otherwise I see a back that has given his all and has produced, it could not be that the OL he was running behind affected him either right? And last year with that horrible line he nearly gained what he gained in his first year. I know D. Gloom thinks he could easily be replaced but being a top five back year in and year out, I am sure about 25 other NFL teams actually disagree.

1. Because his ego exceeds his production.

2. He is not a good enough pass receiver for the WCO.

3. He is a primma donna.

4. He has worn out his welcome.

5. His best days are behind him.

There is, then, a small acknowledgement that 1,400-yard seasons aren't simply there for the taking, especially after he turns 28 on Sept. 1. Portis, LaDainian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson are the only players to begin their careers with six 1,250-yard seasons in their first seven years in the NFL.

Good defenses allow offenses to win championships. Unless the defense manages to score every single point, you need at least something on offense to get the job done.

Good defenses allow offenses to win championships. Unless the defense manages to score every single point, you need at least something on offense to get the job done.

:helmet:QFT, but with the addtions on D I think the TO's will come and also the punter is another key. If they can give the O better field position scoring should be increased. And as one poster said, another three points a game translates into at least two more wins. 8-8 to 10-6 should not be difficult in Zorn's second year. Production from MK and DT is absolutely key as is improved line play-of course. :logo:

Many of you have your head up your arse about the new season expecting all sorts of wonderful things to happen like Campbell suddenly getting it; Mike Williams making all of us forget Jon Jansen; Zorn regaining control of his team, and so on. Forget it.

The Skins are in for a rough time this year. Here are 5 reasons why:

(1) Offense sucks. There has been little or no off-season improvement, the QB is suspect, and the OL still is unsettled. Too much reliance on Portis, a "dink and dunk" passing attack, and unimaginative and conservative play-calling spell less than 20 points/gm once again.

(2) There is no team chemistry and no leadership on the field. Campbell's unassertive demeanor combined with Portis' petulant moodiness brings the offense down. On defense, while Fletcher tries hard, primma donnas like Haynesworth and Landry tend to play their own game rather than adapt to a team concept. Coach Zorn does not seem to have the steel to forge a "team identity" of any intensity and the sideline during a game frequently reminds one of a "wake."

(3) The other teams in the NFC East are all improved and can score points. While the Skins may "steal" one or two "wins" like last year, they do not have the ability to "dominate" in their own Division.

(4) The Skins are forever rebuilding. Last year's second half regression tells the story of a team lacking depth, talent at key skill positions, and a will to win. Until they overcome these deficiencies they will remain a "bottom feeder."

(5) The uniforms suck and are badly in need of a bolder, more aggressive and modern "new look". At the very least, the arguably "controversial" helmet logo should be changed.

At this time of the year, when all teams are even, its easy to be optimistic. But in the case of our beloved Burgundy and Gold, I see little reason things will be any different in 2009. Tell me I'm wrong and why?

You might need to pull your own head out of your ARSE!..You can only guess what might happen, and not unless you can see the future, then just STFU!!!...Then again, just tune off and tune out!!

common spinner ... You know moss has suspect hands and disappears when he is doubled. He is a primma donna and is overpaid. The only thing i'm gonna eat when the season is over is lobster and champagne cause i'm gonna celebrate that the agony finally is over and the skins have a top draft choice reafy to spring on tebow as colt's back-up.:saber:

you must be smoking crank!!!

Archived