Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check For The New Season

Gregpeck99

Invest in Verizon or AT&T  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Invest in Verizon or AT&T

Are you kidding me Maclin is not that good he is a rookie and he can only do so much.

Kinda like that Rookie DeSean Jackson and his paltry 62 catches for 912 yards.

Look just because our rookie pass catchers are pathetic doesn't mean other teams rookies won't excel. Maclin will be fine in that offense.

So why the fret with the bet? JC will already screw up the season and by mid-season there is no way they go better than 8-8.

I don't see how anyone can blame Jason Campbell with that O-line. Its horrific. Probably the worst right side in the league.

I don't see how anyone can blame Jason Campbell with that O-line. Its horrific. Probably the worst right side in the league.

Jason makes it look that way. Remember in '07 how the oline wasn't protecting Jason etc? What happened when Todd came in? They all looked like Pro Bowlers. Just let it go, please.

But according to Greg the OP, the Redskins would be much better off right now with TC or Colt, and he won't take a bet that they would finish higher than 8-8 this year with or without JC.

The post you you commented on was dripping with sarcasm. And as far as your comment goes, that was last year. Let's see what a healthy Thomas, Doc, Williams, Heyer shake out. The team knows it is a problem, you think they are ignoring it in camp? I venture to bet if it continues to be a problem in camp come June 1st cuts they may add another OL to the roster.

Jason makes it look that way. Remember in '07 how the oline wasn't protecting Jason etc? What happened when Todd came in? They all looked like Pro Bowlers. Just let it go, please.

You have somewhat of a point, except that last year when healthy Campbell looked his career best, after the line dropped off, so did the offense.

I will never let go, it all happens in the trenches. Ryp was not a great QB without the HOGS. If the line stays healthy this year and/or has some new faces step up, Campbell will be fine.

Everyone keeps jumping on TC's bandwagon, and I hope he can play well, but where is that going in the long run? The guy is a career back-up QB coach for a reason. Maybe his are wears down, IDK. I like the guy, but in the long run?

Many of you have your head up your arse about the new season expecting all sorts of wonderful things to happen like Campbell suddenly getting it; Mike Williams making all of us forget Jon Jansen; Zorn regaining control of his team, and so on. Forget it.

The Skins are in for a rough time this year. Here are 5 reasons why:

(1) Offense sucks. There has been little or no off-season improvement, the QB is suspect, and the OL still is unsettled. Too much reliance on Portis, a "dink and dunk" passing attack, and unimaginative and conservative play-calling spell less than 20 points/gm once again.

(2) There is no team chemistry and no leadership on the field. Campbell's unassertive demeanor combined with Portis' petulant moodiness brings the offense down. On defense, while Fletcher tries hard, primma donnas like Haynesworth and Landry tend to play their own game rather than adapt to a team concept. Coach Zorn does not seem to have the steel to forge a "team identity" of any intensity and the sideline during a game frequently reminds one of a "wake."

(3) The other teams in the NFC East are all improved and can score points. While the Skins may "steal" one or two "wins" like last year, they do not have the ability to "dominate" in their own Division.

(4) The Skins are forever rebuilding. Last year's second half regression tells the story of a team lacking depth, talent at key skill positions, and a will to win. Until they overcome these deficiencies they will remain a "bottom feeder."

(5) The uniforms suck and are badly in need of a bolder, more aggressive and modern "new look". At the very least, the arguably "controversial" helmet logo should be changed.

At this time of the year, when all teams are even, its easy to be optimistic. But in the case of our beloved Burgundy and Gold, I see little reason things will be any different in 2009. Tell me I'm wrong and why?

I can't tell you you're wrong because I agree with every point you made.

Many of you have your head up your arse about the new season expecting all sorts of wonderful things to happen like Campbell suddenly getting it; Mike Williams making all of us forget Jon Jansen; Zorn regaining control of his team, and so on. Forget it.

The Skins are in for a rough time this year. Here are 5 reasons why:

(1) Offense sucks. There has been little or no off-season improvement, the QB is suspect, and the OL still is unsettled. Too much reliance on Portis, a "dink and dunk" passing attack, and unimaginative and conservative play-calling spell less than 20 points/gm once again.

(2) There is no team chemistry and no leadership on the field. Campbell's unassertive demeanor combined with Portis' petulant moodiness brings the offense down. On defense, while Fletcher tries hard, primma donnas like Haynesworth and Landry tend to play their own game rather than adapt to a team concept. Coach Zorn does not seem to have the steel to forge a "team identity" of any intensity and the sideline during a game frequently reminds one of a "wake."

(3) The other teams in the NFC East are all improved and can score points. While the Skins may "steal" one or two "wins" like last year, they do not have the ability to "dominate" in their own Division.

(4) The Skins are forever rebuilding. Last year's second half regression tells the story of a team lacking depth, talent at key skill positions, and a will to win. Until they overcome these deficiencies they will remain a "bottom feeder."

(5) The uniforms suck and are badly in need of a bolder, more aggressive and modern "new look". At the very least, the arguably "controversial" helmet logo should be changed.

At this time of the year, when all teams are even, its easy to be optimistic. But in the case of our beloved Burgundy and Gold, I see little reason things will be any different in 2009. Tell me I'm wrong and why?

Truth is, NOBODY really knows for sure, either way, if the Skins, or any team for that matter, will be any good.

That's just how the NFL is.

Say Dr. Spin ... I like my new name ... although not as much as your's. Fasten your seat belt ... we are about to enter the No-Spin Zone!:gaintsuck

We'll see, but I gave you the oppourtunity to cash in on your wisdom and choose not to. I guess your not that convinced.

Jason, Jason he's our man, if he can't do it someone else can.

Good thing about this year, JC has it or not, finally once and for all.

But the bet still exists, 9-7 or better vs. 6-10 or worse and really that bet favors you, because everything else is a push. And you don't just think Jason sucks, you think the team does, including the uni's. The Redskins could not possibly be improved over last year, right?

Sit and spin on that.

Training camp is now in session ... I declare this thread is over. Thanks to all those who checked in and good luck for a successful season ... it will be needed.

NO NELLY. That would be so easy on your part. But I have not run out of gas yet and will keep this two star gem alive, alive I tell you.

Please all keep the nightmare going, post here and remind Greg of his awesomeness through-out the season.

:saber: :D Good vs. Ebil :evilg:

I wanna win as much as any ... but "realistically" the Skins do not have the firepower or the uniforms to carry it off. Hail and goodbye!

I can see the Skins as a playoff team this year. If we get in you never know what can happen. Just look at how close the Cards came to winning the Super Bowl.

You are just looking for a reason to not get your hopes up for the season. The addition of the uniforms suck, is because you could not think of anymore good reasons to list. No teams suck, because their uniform is outdated.

Yeah that made no sense to me either. The Skins unis are classic and imo some of the best in the league.

I wanna win as much as any ... but "realistically" the Skins do not have the firepower or the uniforms to carry it off. Hail and goodbye!

What was this your curtain call? C'mon this thread has a life of it's own. You created it and now it just won't die that easily. This thread will return and return again. It's alive i tell ya, it's alive...:handicap:

Wait a minute ... I'm the OP ... I call the shots ... right? And I say this thread has no life support anymore cause the TC is ongoing and the point made and argued endlessly was that the prospect of a successful season was bleaker than anyone had a right to "realistically" expect cause of a sucky offense, no chemstry, being a weak sister in their Division, not having enough good players, and very ugly, possibly "racist oriented" uniforms. However, now that TC is in session, these basic presumptions are subject to change ... one way or another ... or not at all. Sooooo ... I see no rreason to continue ... and I hereby press the "self-destruct" button. 3-2-1- "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Archived