Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In enemy territory

mzkp54

I just moved to Philly... Does anyone know of friendly places in the area to watch skins games come football season?

You think that is bad - I moved to Frisco Texas (Just N. of

Dallas - Jan of this year). I have been a Skinz fanatic for 34 years now - I was being stared at by my new neighbors like a mass murderer when I was coddeling my prized collection of Skinz signed helmets (moving in). I carried one of my four battle flags in the house and a whisper of wind happened to come through and expose my beloved Burgandy and Gold. I have painted most of the upper part of the house in Golds with touches of Burgandy.......so this will be an interesting chapter in my life. I plan to fly the battle flag(s) high every weekend Starting in Aug - So if you can find the time - say a quick prayer for me.

BTW - should I remove my "Piss on Dallas" Sticker?:dallasuck

Wherever you go in the Philly area you should not wear Skins gear. To do so could put your life in jeopardy. You should stay home and watch in on tv-nfl network or on a major network.

Let's not blow it completely out of proportion. My husband, my 8 year old daughter and I wear our Skins gear all the time. We get dirty looks (especially on Sundays) and mutterings but I've never feared for my life.

I will say that if you wear your gear to the Linc or some of the bars in Philly on a day we play the Eagles you need to expect the cursing and verbal abuse; and if you're at the game, beer sprayed on you and constant verbal abuse. I know some people who won't wear their jerseys to the Linc because they're tired of them being drenched in beer. They'll wear Skins shirts or sweatshirts instead. I have friends who are Eagles fans, and you get slightly less abuse when you're in a "mixed" group, but it's always more fun to go with other Skins fans - :whoknows:you just have to be ready for the environment. But you don't need to watch in a den of rabid fans in a place like Chickie and Pete's. I'm not sure where you live, but as mentioned by several of the other posters, there are many neutral places to watch a game around Philly.

Hey man! I live in Philly, too. Where exactly in the city are you going to be living? I'm in the heart of Center City, and it's actually not too bad. Most of the city is too self-loathing during football season to ever notice a Skins fan.

Anyway, if you're close by, there's a place called Fox and Hound up on 15th and Spruce. That's where me and my buddy go every Sunday, and there's usually a decent number of Skins fans there. I'd highly suggest going.

Hey man! I live in Philly, too. Where exactly in the city are you going to be living? I'm in the heart of Center City, and it's actually not too bad. Most of the city is too self-loathing during football season to ever notice a Skins fan.

Anyway, if you're close by, there's a place called Fox and Hound up on 15th and Spruce. That's where me and my buddy go every Sunday, and there's usually a decent number of Skins fans there. I'd highly suggest going.

this is an ambush

Yeah I don't live too far from there I'll definitely come check it out. But maybe I'll wear a disguise the first time in case it is a trap!

Archived