Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Team of the Decade

MattFancy

...the only thing that makes is better is getting to see Gibbs come back and restore SOME respect to this team...

and then lose that respect about 1 minute after Gibbs left the building (i.e. head coaching search, mis-handling of Saunders & G Williams)

We are ranked where we should be on this list because it is based on hard facts of win/loss records. Some would argue the Skins should be ranked lower since they spent so much more money than the other teams around them, and basically have nothing to show for it.

Can someone send this article to Danny boy and his yes man Vinny? maybe they will start to realize that you really do need a GM to run an NFL team instead of just a passion for the game and love for the team that you own.

"Six head coaches"...yeah, that is IF you count interim coach Robiskie lol...I mean, seriously...FIVE head coaches would have been damning enough, don't you think?

Anyway, no real problem with the ranking either...although there's little to separate the #19 spot (Saints), the #21 spot (Jags) and the #23 spot (Skins)...it's more or less a log jam in that area, with no team really outdoing the other teams to any great degree:

Regular Season:

Saints: .486

Jaguars: .479

Redskins: .458

Playoff Wins/Record:

Saints: 2-2

Jaguars: 1-2

Redskins: 1-2

Playoff seasons:

Saints: 2

Jaguars: 2

Redskins: 2

Winning Seasons:

Saints: 3

Jaguars: 3

Redskins: 2

Losing Seasons:

Saints: 3

Jaguars: 5

Redskins: 4

yea, but we play in a tougher division... I hated it when San Fran would have all kinds of records in the 80s playing the Saints TWICE, Rams TWICE, and Falcons TWICE. All sucked in the 80s except the Rams had a few decent seasons on offense...

How can the Eagles be ahead of two Super Bowl winners?

I already explained the Giants in a previous post, and the Bucs really haven't done anything since their SB appearance.

Would you rank the Raiders ahead of the Skins based on their AFCCG and SB appearances?

can't argue with the article at all (far as the skins are concerned) and he makes a great point regarding the amount of money we spent in relation to other teams and what we have to show for it... one day we'll get a real GM... one day..

Archived