Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN/Money: GM sells Hummer to Chinese company

Corcaigh

Which THREE of these cartoons are the best?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Which THREE of these cartoons are the best?

so were selling a vehicle that was originally a military ride to a foriegn company?

AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

Hummer is not the same company that makes Humvee for the American military. AMC makes Humvees for the military. a different animal altogether

Hummers will now cost $50 and will fall apart after about 100 miles. Plus there will be a major recall after they find all the lead-based paint on it.

QFT :)

That will help their military out tremendously.

I didn't like it when Germany owned Jeep either.

If you don't think even a country like Ghana could reverse-engineer a Hummer in about 1 day and launch production, you're kidding yourself. This will do absolutely nothing for their military.

BTW, I am never buying a new car again. I'll stick to carburated vehicles.

Well enjoy your depleted horsepower and/or crappy gas mileage.

someone needs to buy SAAB and return them to a quality car... (although i like my 05 SAAB made by GM, but the small ongoing issues are annoying)

I don't think they have ever made a quality car. Honestly, I can't believe Saab is still around.

Gas mileage maybe, but horsepower? I think not.

Carbs are an easy (non-technical) way for shade-tree mechanics to dump horsepower into their motors without knowing a whole lot.

EFI is already part of all racing except NASCAR (Form 1, CART, etc.). With advancements in EFI carbs probably have about another 5 years of usefullness. Just a matter of time before it's completely inferior in every way- hell, it already is in top-end circle.s

Apples to apples, properly tuned EFI and carbs produce the same power, but EFI produces broader torque curves.

So like I said, enjoy your crappy gas mileage and inferior HP going forward :D

Here's a cool link

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/carburetor_vs_injection/index.html

What is the big stink about GM selling the Hummer brand to a Chinese company. I saw it on the news they were trying to make a big deal out of it. The Hummer plant is staying open for at least the next 2 years if not longer. What GM did with Hummer isn't as bad as what tons of U.S. corporations have done. That is keep the company in America, or move to the Camain Islands, but ship the jobs to China. If the Hummer brand become successful again it won't be because of cheap foreign labor. It will be because of cheap foreign executives.

Archived