Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hail to the Redskins" Super Bowl video

celticsalmon

I can understand people watching these things still, but doesn't anyone get tired of having to go back 20 years to see this stuff?

Haa!!! A bitter young Redskins fan. Guess you were too young to see the '82 team and barely maybe old enough to remember the '92 team. I can see why you can't relate if you hadn't lived the moments. Be patient grasshopper...oh you are too young to remember "Kung Fu" as well...sorry. :kungfu:

I can understand people watching these things still, but doesn't anyone get tired of having to go back 20 years to see this stuff?

I appreciate where your coming from in terms of the here and now, and creating new history, but to answer your question:

NEVER man!

History. It's what defines us as one of the greats.

Hail.

That's an interesting question.

For me the answer is no because I've actually now emotionally disconnected those past great Redskin teams with the current era squad.

Two different beasts.

Two different entities.

The old Skins. The era and team of my youth. The team in which I can pop in a dvd of any game of theirs and know that they are going to come out on top. I watch them for the memories of those good times. Hell I watch them and just remember what was going on in my life at that time and sort of picture myself watching these games live.

It's a different experience than watching the modern Redskins.

Even when they win (6-2 at midseason last year) it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I watch them and support them more out of loyalty to the past than anything that they've earned on their own.

If I have a choice to watch a win from the 7-9 season of 1988 or a win from last season, I'd pop on the 1988 game 10 times out of 10.

I'll never get tired of it! If it's all you got, you've got to hang on to it so you can remember what it feels like until the next one comes along. Even when the next one comes I'll never get tired of looking back at the old ones. When you were there to experience it, it stays with you forever.

Haa!!! A bitter young Redskins fan. Guess you were too young to see the '82 team and barely maybe old enough to remember the '92 team. I can see why you can't relate if you hadn't lived the moments. Be patient grasshopper...oh you are too young to remember "Kung Fu" as well...sorry.

:rotflmao:

I've been posting these old games because I finally got around to digitizing them from old VHS. I was once a TV Sportscaster. And no matter where I worked, I ALWAYS recorded Skins games. So aside from the nostalgic significance of these great moments in B&G history; these are great examples of true "sportscasting." This one in particular. Dick Enberg is a hall of famer. Listen to him-and what he says on the 4 and 1 play and at the very end. Then LISTEN to him and Merlon Olsen go MUTE and let the sounds of the crowd play out.

Folks this is CLASSIC Redskins and CLASSIC sportscasting.

I was there in Pasadena that day. Watching the Fulton Walker kickoff return, I don't remember the crowd being that loud. I was on the side of the endzone where that TD occurred and I could actually hear Walker and the Skins chasing him huffing and puffing as he crossed the goalline. Strange that you can actually hear that kind of thing and remember it so many years later. Perhaps it was just that our corner of the endzone, filled with Skins fans including Chief Zee, was dead quiet at the time.

Time stands still and everything gets eerily quiet at certain times in one's life when witnessing something. This was one of those times. Watching the replay, it's very strange to hear all that noise.

As for Enberg and Olsen letting the sounds of the crowd play out, that may have been an extension of the NFC Championship Game the week before when the CBS crew did the same thing at RFK. Skins fans were SOOOO vocal that postseason, you couldn't help but marvel at it.

I was there in Pasadena that day. Watching the Fulton Walker kickoff return, I don't remember the crowd being that loud. I was on the side of the endzone where that TD occurred and I could actually hear Walker and the Skins chasing him huffing and puffing as he crossed the goalline. Strange that you can actually hear that kind of thing and remember it so many years later. Perhaps it was just that our corner of the endzone, filled with Skins fans including Chief Zee, was dead quiet at the time.

Time stands still and everything gets eerily quiet at certain times in one's life when witnessing something. This was one of those times. Watching the replay, it's very strange to hear all that noise.

As for Enberg and Olsen letting the sounds of the crowd play out, that may have been an extension of the NFC Championship Game the week before when the CBS crew did the same thing at RFK. Skins fans were SOOOO vocal that postseason, you couldn't help but marvel at it.

Its been 26 years btw, and no we dont get tired of watching them if you are a fan of the team.

Since you weren't ALIVE at the time this Super Bowl took place, you have no idea how important and special that season was. We hadn't won a championship here since 1942 and it was just an amazing time. I was only 13 at the time, but I will never forget it as long as I live. My family were Skins fans since 1937 when the team came to DC, and I learned early that there were no other teams. When we finally started winning regularly, it was a big deal. You'll understand when you have something like this to watch 20 years down the road.

I still get chills when I hear Frank, Sam, & Sonnys call of Riggos run...

THATS why we STILL watch. :point2sky

Archived