Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jey Leno's last show

WVUforREDSKINS

Best part of Conan is when he takes a camera out with him and does various things. These include the Triumph videos as well as Conan going out to pick apples with Mr. T, Conan going to Houston, Conan driving his own taxi van around NYC, Conan visiting old-time baseball, Conan visiting the LucasArts studio...the camera skits are endless and every one of them is hilarious.

I saw a video yesterday of Conan and late author Hunter S. Thompson on a ranch in upper New York shooting guns and drinking alcohol. If that doesn't tell you what a good show Conan is, I don't know what does.

Technically NBC brought the domain because he mentioned HornyManatee.com when bringing up college mascots in his sketch. NBC didn't want to be responsible if someone else brought that domain and did wacky **** with it. That site is hilarious.

I remember when that sensation was going on during Conan and people would send him drawings. I still have some of them somewhere on my PC. Good stuff.

Leno is just terrible. A complete shmuck. Not funny at all. But America loves him, go figure. (though you wouldn't know it from reading ES. I've yet to read one post from anyone who thinks Leno is great. The ratings are fixed I tell ya!)

I truly don't get all the hate on ES for Leno? I am apparently the anomaly on this board as I like Leno. I also enjoy Letterman, O'Brien and Jon Stewart too and was a big fan of Carson's . I appreciate each's different brand of humor.

I watched Leno 5 nights a week and liked nearly every minute (aside from anytime Stuttering John was involved). I have tried to watch Conan on several occassions and just dont get it, he's not funny, and his skits arent funny. The only skit that was even remotely amusing was Triumph.

I'm going to give him a shot on Late Night and I hope that his style changes and he gets better writers otherwise I'm headed over to the Letterman bandwagon.

This

I wonder how Conan is going to do with a larger audience. By that I dont mean national TV audience, i mean the studio audience. His Late Night studio was pretty small, and a lot of his opening bit relied on the reaction from the audience. A smaller audience means a more intimate relationship with them, and I think that Conan developed most of his on screen persona in that environment.

I remember when he did a few shows in Chicago in a big theatre. While he was hilarious as always, he looked somewhat lost because he didnt have that same reaction with the crowd. Its like when you go to college...a small classroom size is usually preferred over a large lecture hall. I think the new Tonight Show is going to get a little getting used to.

I truly don't get all the hate on ES for Leno? I am apparently the anomaly on this board as I like Leno. I also enjoy Letterman, O'Brien and Jon Stewart too and was a big fan of Carson's . I appreciate each's different brand of humor.

I pretty much agree with this. Leno's monologue is usually good for a laugh or two. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't see where all the hatred is coming from.

Leno had funnier monologues than Conan. Conan would often have bad jokes or he'd go into an impromptu impression which was usually pretty funny and made up for the bomb.

Anyways looking forward to tomorrow, saw the preview of a video Conan will show this week on the Tonight Show, where he is dressed up in makeup in a focus group

Archived