Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mac vs. PC

Rdskn4Lyf21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

After almost a year of soul searching, I am selling my PC and getting a Mac.

I'll be primarily using it for photo editing, video editing, and music production. Farewell PC, farewell.

That's the main reason I ended up getting mine. It was a good decision I think. Oh I may own a PC laptop down the road,but I really like the digital darkroom capabilities of the Mac. Working with the Aperture 3 demo right now. Way cool.

That's the main reason I ended up getting mine. It was a good decision I think. Oh I may own a PC laptop down the road,but I really like the digital darkroom capabilities of the Mac. Working with the Aperture 3 demo right now. Way cool.

I can't wait to get into Aperture 3 :)

That's probably the first thing I'm going to do when it gets here. I finally chose a Macbook Pro last night and it's in the mail :point2sky

I can't wait to get into Aperture 3 :)

That's probably the first thing I'm going to do when it gets here. I finally chose a Macbook Pro last night and it's in the mail :point2sky

It's pretty damn cool. I've been using it for the best part of the last 3 days. Just touching the tip of the iceberg with it so far. Great video tutorials help. I've gone back and with a little help from IPhoto,(kind of cool too),and Aperture 3,greatly improved a few pics from some years ago. I like it a lot so far.

It's pretty damn cool. I've been using it for the best part of the last 3 days. Just touching the tip of the iceberg with it so far. Great video tutorials help. I've gone back and with a little help from IPhoto,(kind of cool too),and Aperture 3,greatly improved a few pics from some years ago. I like it a lot so far.

I've been watching some videos and getting prepped. I can't wait to dig into some of my concert pictures. How's the face recognition? That looked pretty sweet.

You won't regret it.

I'll never go back to Windows based PCs, they're awful.

That's the one constant that I have heard.

I've never heard a "I went Mac and it was a mistake".

I've been watching some videos and getting prepped. I can't wait to dig into some of my concert pictures. How's the face recognition? That looked pretty sweet.

Haven't used that yet,though there are a few mixed reviews about it. Go figure. In another duh statement,it probably depends on what you use it for. It's more than likely pretty damn good. I'm getting a kick out of the brushes they have for it. Sharpening,contrast,ect. Color overlay and feathering are outstanding parts of that.

I'll trade you my old Mac Book for yours

:deal:

:ols:

:no:

Haven't used that yet,though there are a few mixed reviews about it. Go figure. In another duh statement,it probably depends on what you use it for. It's more than likely pretty damn good. I'm getting a kick out of the brushes they have for it. Sharpening,contrast,ect. Color overlay and feathering are outstanding parts of that.

The sharpening and feathering is what I can't wait for....

Little sample.

The original,(for whatever reason,I had the camera set up all kinds of wrong for this one). Decided I liked it anyway,so saved it. This is from a few years ago.

The original.

036orig.jpg (roughly about 5 megs worth).

Then worked on with Elements 6.

036ph.jpg About 7.6 megs worth.

With Aperture 3

036ap.jpg Saved and went up to 14 megs worth.

Thanks. The sharpen brush really came in to play in that last one. it may not show up as well this small,but I used it primarily in the foreground. Especially on the rocks. Wanted to leave the back ground trees alone in both sharpness and light in order to get more of that late in the summer day feeling if you will. Little micro control on the levels and highlights helped as well in that one. A great program. Only problem is,I can see myself spending no small amount of time going back and doing this to a lot of my pics. :whew:

Thanks. The sharpen brush really came in to play in that last one. it may not show up as well this small,but I used it primarily in the foreground. Especially on the rocks. Wanted to leave the back ground trees alone in both sharpness and light in order to get more of that late in the summer day feeling if you will. Little micro control on the levels and highlights helped as well in that one. A great program. Only problem is,I can see myself spending no small amount of time going back and doing this to a lot of my pics. :whew:

The biggest issue of them all: time.

Man can do pretty much anything, but he just does not have enough hours in the day to do everything.

The biggest issue of them all: time.

Man can do pretty much anything, but he just does not have enough hours in the day to do everything.

:ols: No kidding. (Rolls up sleeves). Better get myself going then. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. Have about 75% of the pics that have made the cut over the years done. Talk about an improvement. Mind you,I also keep finding some that I like but didn't think I could rescue,until now. Keep in mind that there's a plug in available for Photomatix. A nice little program that can help you out a immensely when done "right". Good way to get "artsy" with the pics. :)

Archived