Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Custom Madden 10 Covers

hey west coast skins fan i think a cool cover would be these 2 picks

http://americansportsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/clinton-portis.jpg

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/IRV11909200433.jpg

(maybe leave santana mossin the guy if u want haha) but yeah these two with the splash stains like things from the santana and j camp cover and the stadium background from CB5 cover thanks :))

Those would be good but they are too small. They will look very distorted if I used those images.

The image is too flat. There isn't enough depth on JC. Also, he looks pretty washed out. You want to go back and do some enhancements to the image to bring the color out of it. You are on the right track though, keep it up.

Thanks for the comments.

I tried the techniques that you guys talked about in the Portis wallpaper thread, but I couldn't see to "bring the color out of it". There are some awesome covers by you, some on the EA forums, and Operation Sports, and they all seem to have mastered the art of making the players look like Fitzy and Polomalu on the actual cover. I still can't seem to figure it out though!

Thanks for the comments.

I tried the techniques that you guys talked about in the Portis wallpaper thread, but I couldn't see to "bring the color out of it". There are some awesome covers by you, some on the EA forums, and Operation Sports, and they all seem to have mastered the art of making the players look like Fitzy and Polomalu on the actual cover. I still can't seem to figure it out though!

I'm not exactly sure but I guess there are templates for the madden covers and all you have to do is stick the players in there. The cut you made of Campbell is too choppy. I'm not the best at cuts either but what I do to bring up the render and make it look cleaner is a technique called the gaussian blur overlay.

Take the campbell cut out and do this:

1) Duplicate the image of campbell

2) With the duplicated Image (The top image) go to

Filter>Blur>Gaussian blur

3) Set it to 1.8

4) Then go to the blending option and go through the blending modes until it looks good. Usually its overlay but it depends on the picture quality.

This should make the render pop more. You still need to learn how to blend the render more. but it is not a bad job.

I've got a question for you Photoshop guys.

As you can see, in the Madden 10 cover, the players almost have a cartoony look to them. Is there a Photoshop Plugin to make that effect on the player? Or is there a method already in Photoshop that allows you to do that?

Any help is appreciated!

(I am trying to make some as well)

I know the Topaz programs are very popular. You can use Topaz Vivacity, Go to Topaz Clean, Go the the Advanced settings and slide all three adjustments to their highest level.

You can turn this picture

29d10l.png

Into this picture. Or you can adjust to what you would like best.

wm08es.jpg

Archived