Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So a bed is the first thing Orakpo is buying? huh.

rm8899

When Orakpo said the first thing he was going to buy was a bed after being asked by Sanders, it made me scratch my head. I mean I'm ecstatic about the pick, but the fact that he said he's going to buy a bed was both funny and puzzling to me at the same time. I know he had short time to answer fully. But it would of been nice for Sanders to of asked why he chose that. Cuz most responses from top picks were either buying there parents houses or cars or something. It just seems odd.

Basically what I'm getting at is I hope he isn't implying that now that he's in the NFL he's got it and can relax. Which I personally doubt he's going to be a slacker at all...the guy is a beast and I'm pumped to see him next to Big Al. I'm sure it's just me but does anyone else here find his answer odd? (probably just me). Enjoy the rest Orakpo and looking forward to seeing ya in B&G!!!

When Orakpo said the first thing he was going to buy was a bed after being asked by Sanders, it made me scratch my head. I mean I'm ecstatic about the pick, but the fact that he said he's going to buy a bed was both funny and puzzling to me at the same time. I know he had short time to answer fully. But it would of been nice for Sanders to of asked why he chose that. Cuz most responses from top picks were either buying there parents houses or cars or something. It just seems odd.

Basically what I'm getting at is I hope he isn't implying that now that he's in the NFL he's got it and can relax. Which I personally doubt he's going to be a slacker at all...the guy is a beast and I'm pumped to see him next to Big Al. I'm sure it's just me but does anyone else here find his answer odd? (probably just me). Enjoy the rest Orakpo and looking forward to seeing ya in B&G!!!

dude ur reading waaaaay to into it man

From the NFL.com chat he did a while ago... he said he's sick of sleeping on all the small beds through college. He's joking around pretty much.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/201

Kevin, Connecticut

07:28 PM ET

Hey Brian, what's the first thing you're doing when you get that paycheck (hopefully from the Packers)?

Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

First thing I'll do is buy me a huge, huge bed. I've been sleeping on so many small beds during my college career, it's ridiculous. I have to get something big I can just pass out on.

Packers? That's what's up!

He explained this a long time ago. He has been sleeping on crappy beds in college for so long, he just wants a great bed so he can get a good night's sleep.

good nights sleep??? HOW DARE HE

Yes, he needs to sleep on a bed of nails distributed over a layer of molten metal. If he doesn't toughen up, he's going to just bust in this league.

I hope he's not planning on eating grilled chicken on this level. He should know that all DEs hunt and eat their meat raw, and they only munch predators like wolverines and lions, no soft-ass deer or cattle!

I guess you missed the part where he actually tells you why he is buying the bed. Go back and re-listen to that video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ffb422

What he said before the bed thing is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more important then resting up for training camp. ;)

Archived