Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets fans still love to hate

Griff

i DID NOT WRITE THIS, IT CAME OFF A JETS WEBPAGE, LINK BELOW!!!

"Watch Ian Smart. Local guy who broke Ricky Williams college running record albeit in another division. You will forget Chad Morton all together. The guy is blazing fast.

Speaking of the Redskins, What rational person thinks this 7-9 team is going to be good this year

No QB (Rob Johnson, Pat Ramsey ha!) +

No RB (Kenny Watson, Trung Canidate, Chad Morton Ha!) =

Nothing worth talking about

Redskins RB's TOTAL 1195 Total career NFL Rushing Yards , C'mon"

Jets

while we are all hopefully here looking at our team with burgunday tinted glasses, i completely understand it when other fans question our success this coming season.

ramsey is a question mark, the biggest one possible. the team's success hinges on his success.

the running backs are unproven. WE think they'll do well, but we don't know they will.

the skins struggled last year. hopefully, they've (coaches and players) learned from the struggle and come out a better team. it is not a given, though.

the skins' schedule this year is difficult at first look based on last year's performances.

there are so many variables that govern success in the nfl, it is difficult to say with certainy who will succeed and who will fail. i'm not about to get upset with other teams' fans for doubting us, as i have my concerns as well.

As many have said before, I like the fact that we are underestimated by other teams. And good post dchogs, I pretty much agree with everything there. We were 7-9 after all and while we think we got better, we have to prove it.

I think we'll be good enough to beat the Jets 3 months from now.

The way the NFL is today, nobody can say that anyone will be good, there are just to many variables. I understand what you just said but the Jets fans have a deep seeded hatred and most of their comments don't come from knowledge but out of hate.

Originally posted by Griff

"Watch Ian Smart. Local guy who broke Ricky Williams college running record albeit in another division. You will forget Chad Morton all together. The guy is blazing fast.

Speaking of the Redskins, What rational person thinks this 7-9 team is going to be good this year

No QB (Rob Johnson, Pat Ramsey ha!) +

No RB (Kenny Watson, Trung Canidate, Chad Morton Ha!) =

Nothing worth talking about

Redskins RB's TOTAL 1195 Total career NFL Rushing Yards , C'mon"

Jets

Griff, get a life. Did you remember, this is "EXTREMESKINS.COM". It's a site full of undying, hardcore Skins fans (minus a few rogues):D

Do you really think your simple logic is going to change any minds here? Common...

Show us something on September 4th, my friend.

Mentioning career rushing stats of people that have never had a fair shot at starting, yet have looked good in reserve roles is one of the stupidest things a football fan can do.

Stephen Davis had decent stats playing behind Terry Allen if I remember, he did pretty well in 1999 for a team that was supposed to have NO runningback. It is so easy to rush for 1,000 yards these days I assume at least one back on the roster, if not 3 have the ability to get 1,000 this season. Just depends on the depth chart.

Also they tout LaMont Jordan as a "starter on most teams" yet completely denounce 3 RBs on this roster who have comparable stats, Watson outrushed Jordan last year, and Betts had 9 less yards and .8 higher yards per carry.

Jets fans let it go please. Stop trying to sike yourself up for what you and the league fears will be a good football team. The reason you hate so much is my boy Dan is the man. he knows how to make a deal, to bad your team can't. But you got your Warren Sapp, lets hope he doesn't turn out like Josh Evans :high:

bring on the season, put up and shut up Griff. 10-6 and we start with giving yor team a beating for catching feelings in a game that's a business. Grow up.

my new sports weekly has Ramsey listed as a guy on the rise for fantasy gamers and Pennington on the decline....

Ramsey: No team did more in the offseason to upgrade its passing attack than the Redskins. Ramsey-to-Coles is going to be a popular fantasy hook-up.

Pennington: Exposed as a mediocre talent in the playoff loss to Oakland last season, Pennington now is also handicapped by a weaker receiving corps with the defection of Coles. That's not a promising combination.

I know its just one guys opinion but I hope hes right about the Redskins at least...I don't wish any ill will towards the Jets seeing that they are in the AFC and all...

Originally posted by J33Edwards

my new sports weekly has Ramsey listed as a guy on the rise for fantasy gamers and Pennington on the decline....

Ramsey: No team did more in the offseason to upgrade its passing attack than the Redskins. Ramsey-to-Coles is going to be a popular fantasy hook-up.

Pennington: Exposed as a mediocre talent in the playoff loss to Oakland last season, Pennington now is also handicapped by a weaker receiving corps with the defection of Coles. That's not a promsing combination.

I know its just one guys opinion but I hope hes right about the Redskins at least...I don't wish any ill will towards the Jets seeing that they are in the AFC and all...

That sports weekly is highly Anti-Pennington then. That guy won me Fantasy matchup after fantasy matchup all year, I doubt he will continue to be "exposed"

I fully expect Ramsey-to-Coles to be worthwhile in Fantasy Football this year.

I fully expect Ramsey-to-Coles to be worthwhile in Fantasy Football this year.

Yeah, but will it be more worthwhile than Ramsey-to-Gardner?

I think Coles may wind up with more yards, but Gardner with more touchdowns.

But...who knows, it could be the complete opposite.

Ian smart..has as much of a chance ot replace Morton for the jets

as any of the upgrades we've done.

We know what Morton,Coles and 90% of the FA's we've signed can do..

unknowns that compare to Smart..

Ramsey but at least he's on his second season after beating both

Harrington and Carr's QB rating.

Betts finished well and so did Watson.

So I think I like our chances better.

lets; see how they do without Coles,Morton, Thomas and Hall..

:laugh:

Chad will do nothing more than he did last year run a controlled westcoast offense and have a high qb rating. Next year him and Brad Johnson will be the two MVP canidates. lol the only way Chad gets MvP is if the recievers and backs have the most run after catch in the league.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

Also they tout LaMont Jordan as a "starter on most teams" yet completely denounce 3 RBs on this roster who have comparable stats, Watson outrushed Jordan last year, and Betts had 9 less yards and .8 higher yards per carry.

I imagine the Skins will find one of the 3 who can step up to the task of being a primary RB. My fear as a Skins fan would be that it takes a number of games of ineffectively running and/or fumbles before one of the 3 truly asserts himself.

But I'm not sure why you'd take issue with rating Jordan above Canidate, Betts or Watson. Though it's tough to keep track, I had though Canidate was the current front-runner for the starting position and is working with the first team. The Rams traded Canidate for a fourth-rounder and Loverne, while the Texans offered the Jets 1st round value for Jordan last month, but were rejected. That's a pretty large discrepency in perceived differential in talent among unbiased GMs and is probably as fair of an indicator as we can use.

FlowTrain

Your right the Jets dont have to worry about RB. You need to worry about who chad is going to look for, but then again 60% of his passes will be to runningbacks. The Jets are in no better a predicament than the skins right now. I wouldnt say the skins are better off and I wont say the jets are better off because the season hasnt started yet. Both Teams could go 8-8 this year Chad will have a tuff time without coles and we will have a tuff time with chemisrty,

Originally posted by Flowtrain

But I'm not sure why you'd take issue with rating Jordan above Canidate, Betts or Watson. Though it's tough to keep track, I had though Canidate was the current front-runner for the starting position and is working with the first team. The Rams traded Canidate for a fourth-rounder and Loverne, while the Texans offered the Jets 1st round value for Jordan last month, but were rejected. That's a pretty large discrepency in perceived differential in talent among unbiased GMs and is probably as fair of an indicator as we can use. [/b]

Well considering the rams have #1 MARSHALL FAULK and #2 Lamar Gordon and the Texans have #1 Jonathan Wells and #2 James Allen, your point is invalid.

Archived