Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sanchez and a look at next years draft

BthatRAD09

Trading up for sanchez is not worth it. First you have the chance of having him being a bust which isnt all that uncommon, especially given our horrible o-line. See what happened to david carr with his 1st overall pick, but his line was prolly worse.

Next, we can get an excellent safe o-line pick at no. 13, unless its andre smith who could be a risk, but i say we still take him.

The biggest reason that makes the trade for sanchez over the top stupid is a look at next years draft; there is bradford, mccoy, tebow, others i cant think of but i know ive heard names tossed around, and for kicks and giggles lets add in greg paulus. Give campbell a young o-lineman along with the devoelopment of rinehart and see what happens with more protection. If he doesnt succeed, that is it and we draft a better qb with a similar mid first round pick, without have=ing to trade up for it.

Trading up for sanchez is not worth it. First you have the chance of having him being a bust which isnt all that uncommon, especially given our horrible o-line. See what happened to david carr with his 1st overall pick, but his line was prolly worse.

Next, we can get an excellent safe o-line pick at no. 13, unless its andre smith who could be a risk, but i say we still take him.

The biggest reason that makes the trade for sanchez over the top stupid is a look at next years draft; there is bradford, mccoy, tebow, others i cant think of but i know ive heard names tossed around, and for kicks and giggles lets add in greg paulus. Give campbell a young o-lineman along with the devoelopment of rinehart and see what happens with more protection. If he doesnt succeed, that is it and we draft a better qb with a similar mid first round pick, without have=ing to trade up for it.

I swear it seems like we had discuss this a hundred times already. Must be ES.

Sanchez could have been the #1 pick next year. If that doesn't say anything, how about him being #10 pick this year.

Bradford is most people's #1 pick. Next year, we'll probably be at around same place in draft. Going from 13 > 4/8 cost way less than 13 > 1.

Please read up (google) on why McCoy and Tebow aren't better NFL prospects than Sanchez. Actually, Snead is a better prospect than either.

You make some sense...however, I think there is only 1 first round QB next year--Bradford. Colt McCoy and Tewbow look like QBs that people have high now but for NFL projection, they will slide.

I think this draft will be the better NFL QB crop. Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman will be greater than Bradford, McCoy and Tewbow in the NFL.

You make some sense...however, I think there is only 1 first round QB next year--Bradford. Colt McCoy and Tewbow look like QBs that people have high now but for NFL projection, they will slide.

I think this draft will be the better NFL QB crop. Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman will be greater than Bradford, McCoy and Tewbow in the NFL.

Sorry friend, but this is an incredibly week QB draft class and its been well documented. Sanchez is only the talk because of lack of options. Lets face it.. there has never been this much talk about a QB who's only started one collegiate season.

Sorry friend, but this is an incredibly week QB draft class and its been well documented. Sanchez is only the talk because of lack of options. Lets face it.. there has never been this much talk about a QB who's only started one collegiate season.

I did not give a value of this draft class. I just said it will be better than the 2010 qb class

Sanchez overall game looks very nice but how much he will cost in draft picks as well as cash isn't nice at all especially cause we would have a lot of holes to fix

The biggest hole to fill is QB. You go nowhere really without a franchise QB. It is amazing once you fill the QB spot how easy it is to get everything else.

Its amazing how well your defense plays, how well your offense line plays when you have a go to QB for the most part.

This is a TD scoring passing league and JC cant throw TD passes. in 3 1/2 games even Todd Collins threw for 5 TDs to even worse WRs. Jason can't even throw for more than 13 in a year. QBs that dont throw TD passes in a passing league are worthless.

The biggest hole to fill is QB. You go nowhere really without a franchise QB. It is amazing once you fill the QB spot how easy it is to get everything else.

Its amazing how well your defense plays, how well your offense line plays when you have a go to QB for the most part.

This is a TD scoring passing league and JC cant throw TD passes. in 3 1/2 games even Todd Collins threw for 5 TDs to even worse WRs. Jason can't even throw for more than 13 in a year. QBs that dont throw TD passes in a passing league are worthless.

Ravens won a SB with no franchise QB they just did everything else very good

I did not give a value of this draft class. I just said it will be better than the 2010 qb class

REALLY...

So what would give that indication? We both can name more collegiate QBs ready for the NFL whom are playing next year in college than the ones who declared for the draft this year! It seems to me that next year is already deeper than this year..

I swear it seems like we had discuss this a hundred times already. Must be ES.

Sanchez could have been the #1 pick next year. If that doesn't say anything, how about him being #10 pick this year.

Bradford is most people's #1 pick. Next year, we'll probably be at around same place in draft. Going from 13 > 4/8 cost way less than 13 > 1.

Please read up (google) on why McCoy and Tebow aren't better NFL prospects than Sanchez. Actually, Snead is a better prospect than either.

The OP is 100% right and you are 100% wrong. Sanchez would not have had a chance to be #1 Next year. USC has an ext tough sched next year. McCoy and Bradforf would have both gone before him.

The main reason he came out this year is because the other 2 or 3 decided to go back to school. If we draft him we will be making a huge mistake.

But at this point in time with what JC has going on i dont think we have a choice. :doh:

If Sanchez did stay in school, I bet my left arm that He'd be a top 5 pick next year just because of the USC system and how well he played for them this year. Now does that mean Sanchez is a franchise QB? I don't think so. Wait till there is no protection or Sanchez has to play one of the top 10 defenses in the league. I pray that they don't pick Sanchez because he has bust written all over his face.

One thing pops out in my mind. Matt Lienart IMO was a heck of a lot better in college than sanchez but look at him now. I worry Sanchez like Cassell are products of good systems.

As of right now, only McCoy interests me. I see Bradford being turned into a pretzel at this level and Tebow has the highest boom/bust potential of anyone I've seen in a long time. McCoy, like Sanchez, has the physical tools, is bright, quick, and very accurate. I prefer Sanchez.

Ravens won a SB with no franchise QB they just did everything else very good

Poor example. The Ravens needed 10 things to go right the year that they won the Super Bowl and 12 things went right. They went 3 or 4 straight games without scoring an offensive touchdown. Everything aligned perfectly for them that year. Total anomaly.

Did you just say "how well your offense line plays"?..I stopped reading after that. I thought the OLINE was the problem...Andre Smith...Michael Oher ring a bell...3 weeks ago nobody knew who M. Sanchez was.

there may be more quarterbacks available next year, but chances are we have yet another mediocre season finish in the middle of the pack have about the same pick and would have to trade up next year. i say trade up and take sanchez this year. thats just my opinion

Trading up for sanchez is not worth it. ..

Any team that can put consistent heat on a QB, can turn a pro-bowler into an average QB for a game. The hope here is that by getting a young, intelligent, and quick reacting QB, he can at the very least get rid of the ball before they get to him.

Do you honestly think we will be picking #1 next year? I highly doubt it, if anything we likely regress a bit more to 7-9 or 5-11, which may not be low enough to move up in the draft more then a couple of spots.

I agree that Bradford is probably most likely to go #1, but I think he is more likely to bust than Colt McCoy. I think McCoy looks a lot like Boomer Esiason in his prime. Tebow, I think can improve his stock if he shows progress in his throwing motion at QB. I don't buy that he will not be a QB in the NFL, that's just some silly talk started by the College Football talking heads. Tebow is a Quarterback, period.

If Sanchez did stay in school' date=' I bet my left arm that He'd be a top 5 pick next year just because of the USC system and how well he played for them this year. Now does that mean Sanchez is a franchise QB? I don't think so. Wait till there is no protection or Sanchez has to play one of the top 10 defenses in the league. I pray that they don't pick Sanchez because he has bust written all over his face.

One thing pops out in my mind. Matt Lienart IMO was a heck of a lot better in college than sanchez but look at him now. I worry Sanchez like Cassell are products of good systems.[/quote']

They showed the stats from Booty, Lienart and Sanchez in their last year at USC.

Last year at USC:

Matt Leinart (2005)

Passing:

283/431 65.66%

3815 Yards

8 INTs

28 TDs (6 rushing)

John David Booty (2007)

Passing:

215/340 63.24%

2361 Yards

10 INTs

23 TDs (1 Rushing)

Mark Sanchez (2008)

Passing:

241/366 65.85%

3207 Yards

10 INTs

34 Touchdowns (3 Rushing)

Sanchez was only 600 Yards shorter of what Leinart did, was nearly a thousand yards more passing than Booty, was moe accurate by a few tenths of a percentage, but best of all, had more Touchdowns than either Leinart or Booty in their last year, passing the ball.

Isn't that what the complaint about our O was last year? Not enough converting to 6 instead of 3?

Archived