Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins should try to trade for Vernon Gholston

LB Dizzle

Now I know this won't happen, but it may be a scenario that would work out for both teams.

I've read a couple of threads that mention that Mike Maylock said that Orakpo is this years Vernon Gholston because a 3-4 team might take him to use him as an OLB and he will fail. He believes that he should be a 4-3 end.

I also noticed that on NFL draftcountdown they compare Orakpo to Gholston.

Well although it has only been one year, Gholston is thought of as a bust in NY. Who would of thought, New Yorkers being impatient.

Anyways, we could offer our 3rd round pick for him. Maybe the Jets would think..."Damn we F'ed up. Might as well get what we can for him"

(quick note to those who say to stop trading draft picks - this guy was just drafted last year, has tons of potential, and by some people (Maylock) is just being played out of position)

Then we could draft our RT at 13 and have a potential top tier DE as well.

Of course one huge problem could be that Rex Ryan is now the coach and might want to utilize Gholston.

So I know it won't happen, but what do you think about the possibilty?

No, I'm a Redskins fan. I don't know what this "cap hit" device is that you are referring to.

JK, didn't consider that. Nevermind then. My brain is mush right now. I need this draft to be over with.

Fair enough. Being a Redskins fan does indeed confuse our logical side of things! :P

Lol no way, One year is not a bust regardless. Also Orakpo was very productive in college, gholston not so much. Rex Ryan made it known that he is going to do everything in his power to light a fire under Gholston's ass and even said he was going to make him the next terrell suggs. That said gholston has been ridiculed for his not liking contact, poor field awareness(apparently lost on the field) and the fact that even when they did put him on the field they saw practically nothing. Now personally paying a 3rd and/or dropping down to 17 for that is practically asinine. Also realize if we were the ones who drafted gholston and after ONE season even with what he has shown how many of us would laugh if we heard other teams fans rationalizing that trading their 3rd rounder to us for him seemed perfectly worth it.

Say we draft Laron with the 6th pick overall and he looks lost and doesnt get much playing time in his ROOKIE season would you really think about trading him for a 3rd the next season? Yah, didn't think so

Archived