Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Car Audio Question - Blackberry Related

TK

I haven't kept up to date on car audio for the last 10 years or so. I've had it with my stock head unit. Espescially after buying a brand new CD & it refusing to even play it on the first ten attempts.:mad:

I've been looking at replacing it for some time now. I've seen several out there now that have the USB plug for an ipod/mp3 player. I don't have either & not really sure I want either of them. I do however have my crackberry which can stream Pandora & Slacker radio.

Anyone know if I can use the crackberry in place of the ipod/mp3 player with a head unit having the USB connection? I'd really love to be able to stream Pandora through the truck's Infinity speakers.:)

What's a CD? :silly:

Does your crackberry have a headphone jack on it? You could get a head unit with a jack input so you could hook it up through that. I don't think there is a way to connect it via USB to have it play, so I think the jack is your best bet.

I'll look online and let you know if I find anything.

Is your car equipped with bluetooth? Or at the very least an aux input? Kinda cool with the aux port. I have an older BB so I can't do this with my truck, however I have a friend who has his hooked up and when he receives a call and puts it on speaker, it plays through his truck speakers lol.

If your head unit does have a usb port, you should be able to it that way as well.

suck it up and buy an iPod! :slap:

I got a great deal on a Kenwood deck for my truck- iPod connection, the works. Did it myself and had fun in the process- Crutchfield.com

One thing you'll find though Rick- if you update your factory deck, you'll quickly realize how Gawd-awful your factory speakers are when you actually have a head unit that pushes them. I'd suggest buying speakers ahead of time too, you'll be glad you did :)

suck it up and buy an iPod! :slap:

I got a great deal on a Kenwood deck for my truck- iPod connection, the works. Did it myself and had fun in the process- Crutchfield.com

One thing you'll find though Rick- if you update your factory deck, you'll quickly realize how Gawd-awful your factory speakers are when you actually have a head unit that pushes them. I'd suggest buying speakers ahead of time too, you'll be glad you did :)

The iPod doesn't stream Pandora. :slap:

I am rather fond of KenWood though.:)

And I know about factory speakers sucking. Go back & re-read the last sentance in the OP. :nana: And on top of that, I still have a KenWood factory 12" sub box I can always hook back up with an amp.

And I know about factory speakers sucking. Go back & re-read the last sentance in the OP. :nana: And on top of that, I still have a KenWood factory 12" sub box I can always hook back up with an amp.

I'm in the habit of ignoring most of what you say :silly:

Srsly though- I thought they were factory infinity's. My bad (my mom's chrysler years ago had infinity speakers- they were nowhere close to the real deal)

Good luck :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Archived