Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Mosley's NFC east predictions

Vooskin

I looked and didn't see this posted but he has a game by game evaluation of what happens for all 4 teams in the NFC East. Its a good read but sadly we finish last in the division even at 9-7.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast

Redskins game by game but the link has all 4 teams.

April 15, 2009 5:03 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

The Cowboys and Eagles will finish the '09 season with 10 wins apiece. We've already guaranteed that after two glances at the schedule. Now it's time to examine how the Men of Zorn will finish. Will the addition of Albert Haynesworth bring playoff glory to the Redskins? You're about to find out.

Sept. 13 at New York Giants -- I'm sure Jim Zorn's wondering what he did to offend the NFL schedule makers. The Redskins served as the Giants' Super Bowl homecoming opponent in '08. And here we go again. 'Skins fall to 0-1.

Sept. 20 St. Louis -- Things didn't work out so well the last time the Rams came to FedEx. Now they have the Giants' former defensive coordinator as head coach. I think the Redskins will take care of business, though, and improve to 1-1.

Sept. 27 at Detroit -- Why does this schedule feel so familiar? Oh, maybe it's because they're basically playing the '08 season all over again. But they'll catch the Lions at the right time, which is to say anytime. (I'm a big Jim Schwartz fan, but it will take him a bit.) 2-1

Oct. 4. Tampa Bay -- The Redskins are on a little roll here. I think they come home and take care of business against a weak quarterback. Folks, your Redskins are 3-1.

Oct. 11 at Carolina -- Let's see what Big Al Haynesworth can do against the run. The Panthers have one of the best backfields in the league, but the Redskins do a pretty nice job against the run. But I just don't see them winning in Charlotte. 3-2

Oct. 18 Kansas City -- Todd Haley may have this team headed in the right direction, but the Redskins will take care of business at home. The Chiefs don't have a pass rush. Jason Campbell will have a huge day and Zorn will lead a triple Hooray! chant in the post-game locker room. 4-2

Oct. 26 Philadelphia -- The Redskins marched into the Linc last year and pushed the Eagles around. I want to pick Washington here but can't bring myself to do it. I think Brian Westbrook puts up huge numbers in this prime time affair. Redskins are 4-3.

Bye -- Not a bad place for a bye at all. In fact, maybe this is the optimum time for a little refreshment. Zorn tells his team to leave the facility for at least five days -- and not to call him at home.

Nov. 8 at Atlanta -- I think the Falcons could back up a little bit this season. I've changed my mind on this game several times, but in the end, I decided that Haynesworth would torment Matt Ryan for four quarters and the Redskins get a huge road win. 5-3

Nov. 15 Denver -- Everyone welcome Kyle Orton to town. I think the Broncos will begin their late-season slide about right now. Redskins improve to 6-3 and there's much rejoicing in the land.

Nov. 22 at Dallas -- This game road trip hurts. In fact, it's almost diabolical. Redskins beat the Cowboys at Texas Stadium in '08. Won't happen this time around. Redskins fall to 6-4.

Nov. 29 at Eagles -- I've seen the Redskins pull off wins in the Linc two years running, but it won't happen this time. Eagles load up to slow down Clinton Portis and avenge the '08 regular-season loss. Zorn's post-game media sessions become even more bizarre as he tries to relate the two losses to the sagging automobile industry. Redskins are 6-5.

Dec. 6 New Orleans -- I like the Redskins to bounce back in this game. Drew Brees goes off, but Campbell responds -- and we get to meet Malcolm Kelly in the end zone for the first time. Also smell a huge game from tight end Chris Cooley. He races home to post photos of the game on his blog. Redskins are 7-5 and back in the playoffs.

Dec. 13 at Oakland -- The Tom Cable-Al Davis honeymoon will have been over for two months. Campbell shows the Redskins why they should sign him to a long-term contract with a 300-yard, three-touchdown performance. Redskins talking playoffs with an 8-5 record.

Dec. 21 New York Giants -- Huge back-to-back against Beast opponents. This actually sets up pretty well for the Redskins, but I don't think the Giants falter down the stretch this season. Redskins lose and fall to 8-6.

Dec. 27 Dallas Cowboys -- Both teams have a lot to play for -- and the Redskins take care of business. The Cowboys are haunted by Decembers past, and that will rear its ugly head again. Campbell drives home his point that the Redskins should sign him to a long-term deal. Zorn skips off the field in some of the late George Allen's Sansabelt pants. 9-6

Jan. 3 at San Diego -- Because the Chargers dug themselves a hole early in the season (as always), they have to have this one. We could have the greatness of a three-way tie in the Beast at 10-6, but sadly, it doesn't happen. Filling in for the injured LaDainian Tomlinson, Darren Sproles has a huge game. Redskins stay home with a 9-7 record.

If this has been posted I didn't see it but feel free to remove it.

Yah he has dallas and eagles finishing 10-6, he says he looked over the schedules and games plenty of time and anyway he tried to do it the cowboys still came out with 10 wins. He has the giants 12-4 but starting off 12-2 with 2 wins against the skins.

No way we come in last again. I refuse to believe this crap. Last season I thought we'd have a better record then we did which we should of had but we should be much more prepared this time around barring no crazy injuries and will at least make the playoffs.

I really can't argue with his assessment. I personally see every team in the east doing better then they did last year. No team has lost anything, I dont count TO as a loss, dallas will also get felix jones back and I bet then run more this year and focus on good D. Eagles Wr's will only get better and who knows, with braylon and boldin out there both the eagles and giants could get another WR.

I actually think the team that lost the most is the Giants. They lost steve spagnola their D coordinator which I think could be a big blow. That said even though I don't think much of Eli his is still probably the best Qb in the division.

If every team got a bit better which I think for the most part they did, every team also raised their win total according Mosley, 9-7 skins over 8-8.. Dallas and philly 10-6 over 9-7 and 9-6-1. Giants stay the same.

Name a receiver on the Giants that our secondary cannot cover.

Name a receiver on the Cowboys that our secondary cannot cover.

The only reason Cowboys and Giants got wins on us was because the running game but we have a lil something for that this year....HEY HEY HEY!!!

The only challenge to me is the Eagles but we always seem to shut Westbrook down and we sweeped them last year so yeah...Just some simple logic. I'm not gonna let some random guy do my thinking for me. We will go 6-0 in the division if we play our cards correct.

>Hail<

Name a receiver on the Giants that our secondary cannot cover.

Name a receiver on the Cowboys that our secondary cannot cover.

The only reason Cowboys and Giants got wins on us was because the running game but we have a lil something for that this year....HEY HEY HEY!!!

The only challenge to me is the Eagles but we always seem to shut Westbrook down and we sweeped them last year so yeah...Just some simple logic. I'm not gonna let some random guy do my thinking for me. I think we can go 6-0 in the division.

>Hail<

Our secondary has always been able to cover them. And what has that done?

Name how we are going to magically score points, going in with the identical offense as last season, only a year older.

So am I to understand that this guy predicts the Redskins, who beat the Eagles TWICE last season, to lose TWICE to the Eagles this season. This would be even though Albert Haynesworth has replaced a sick and injured Jason Taylor and Dockery has replaced a 35 year old Pete Kendell and Jason Campbell and the entire receiver squad now will be playing in the same system for two years in a row, while the Philth-a-delphia Eagles have lost 2 offensive linemen and done nothing to improve the offense that couldn't score a TD against the Redskins last time they met.

Am I getting these facts straight or have I ventured off the path?

Our secondary has always been able to cover them. And what has that done?

Name how we are going to magically score points, going in with the identical offense as last season, only a year older.

No magic. Just logic.

When was the last time we were able to have a consecutive offensive system a second year in a row? We are usually cleaning house right now and changing up our whole look (coaching, qb, etc.)

A second year in the same offense for Zorn, Campbell and company.

We secured our weakest position on defense with the best player in the league at that particular position.

We improved our O-line with Dockery and the upcoming draft.

Kelly and Thomas will emerge and put up points for us.

Our defense is actually better than it was last year with the DT position filled and our offense is actually better than it was last year due to improvements in the O-line and strives in the WR position.

C'mon it is like beating a dead horse. We are better than last year and our schedule is average/weak. How can you be pessimistic and negative about something like that??

Archived