Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Day Pipe Dreams...Here's mine How bout yours

BIG_JAB

I'm hoping...but not convinced.....that Vinny is finally doing the right thing here. He is building the Redskins up as liking the players (Sanchez and Rey Rey) so there will be trade down possibilities out there. With Multiple teams from 16-22 liking Sanchez and everyone behind the Skins loving Rey, I believe we may be in for a trade down or two. What if ...and I know this won't happen....we trade down twice. First trade down to the Jets, because they are the most smitten with the USC QB, then Rey Rey is still on the board at 16 and we trade down with NE who is drooling for Rey and has a ton of picks. My pipe dream would leave us with the following picks 23rd (fm NE) - select Alex Mack,G/C California, 58th(fm NE) - select Clint Sintim, OLB Virginia, 76th (fm Jets) - select Duke Robinson, G/T Oklahoma 80th(ours) - select Kevin Barnes,CB Maryland, 150th(Ours) - select Louis Vasquez, OG Texas Tech, 186th(Ours) - David Veikune, DE - Hawaii, 243rd(Ours) - Arian Foster - RB Tennessee. This pipe dream would give us three solid young o-line one underrated OLB, a physical big corner, a DE speed rusher and a running back that can produce. Let me know what you think......DON'T FORGET I KNOW IT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT WOULDN'T IT BE NICE. Hail.....

I'm hoping...but not convinced.....that Vinny is finally doing the right thing here. He is building the Redskins up as liking the players (Sanchez and Rey Rey) so there will be trade down possibilities out there. With Multiple teams from 16-22 liking Sanchez and everyone behind the Skins loving Rey, I believe we may be in for a trade down or two. What if ...and I know this won't happen....we trade down twice. First trade down to the Jets, because they are the most smitten with the USC QB, then Rey Rey is still on the board at 16 and we trade down with NE who is drooling for Rey and has a ton of picks. My pipe dream would leave us with the following picks 23rd (fm NE) - select Alex Mack,G/C California, 58th(fm NE) - select Clint Sintim, OLB Virginia, 76th (fm Jets) - select Duke Robinson, G/T Oklahoma 80th(ours) - select Kevin Barnes,CB Maryland, 150th(Ours) - select Louis Vasquez, OG Texas Tech, 186th(Ours) - David Veikune, DE - Hawaii, 243rd(Ours) - Arian Foster - RB Tennessee. This pipe dream would give us three solid young o-line one underrated OLB, a physical big corner, a DE speed rusher and a running back that can produce. Let me know what you think......DON'T FORGET I KNOW IT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT WOULDN'T IT BE NICE. Hail.....

Sounds good to me. I'd love it to go this way, but no chance our FO could be able to pull something like that off.

New England is one of the best teams hands down right now, and they have that thing going for them called "God's touch for drafting talent WHENEVER".

They have 11 picks this year, and 6 are in the top what, like 90 or something like that...

I don't see them trading up for a player, though I won't promise it not to happen, I just don't see it happening.

Ok I have read alot about this Sanchez gate going on in Redskin country. I also will be pissed if we trade up to get him, but for those of you that think there smoke screening to trade down that plan is the stupidest plan ive ever heard. Heres something to think about if they are trying to up Sanchez's value for a trade down its stupid to bring out the fact your interested in drafting him because now teams will try to trade up ahead of the redskins and if he falls expect Denver to get our monster trade we wanted because teams will try to pass us. Please oh please let them draft either one of the tackles or one of the Lbers.

I really hope the Jets play ball and move to our spot so that we can get some more picks.

Other than the Broncos, the Jets are the team that we've dealt the most with this decade and a trade down scenario with them would be spectacular.

I agree with the sentiment that there's gonna be a lot of value later in the 1st round and hopefully we pick up another 3rd rounder.

Champion-ship!

New England is one of the best teams hands down right now, and they have that thing going for them called "God's touch for drafting talent WHENEVER".

They have 11 picks this year, and 6 are in the top what, like 90 or something like that...

I don't see them trading up for a player, though I won't promise it not to happen, I just don't see it happening.

I'm fairly sure they don't want picks as high as the Skins'.

I think that's why its called a "Pipe Dream".

Hey BIG JAB good draft. I like it. Especially getting interior offensive line help pluus a linebacker.

Ni many ways it would be great if we could trade out of 13 and end up with 3 or 4 additional picks because that is the way Jimmy Johsnon built the Cowboys Superbowl team. He figured if you draft 12 players that 3 or 4 may become all pros

Terpskin....you may be mostly right...however in that scenario I see them trading back from the LS pick and getting an extra 7th and taking another QB (like Chase Patton (Chase Daniels back up in Missouri)...hey it worked for NE and Cassel) just in case Sanchez doesn't work out :) ...... kind of like the Heath Shuler in the 1st round and In Gus We trust in the 7th.

Let me know what you think......DON'T FORGET I KNOW IT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT WOULDN'T IT BE NICE. Hail.....

Interesting trade down scenario.

My craziest pipe dream is for Brian Orakpo, no scratch that

Aaron Curry falls to us at @ 13

Slightly more possible:

1st Maualuga, Rey OLB for now then eventuallty takes over at MLB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/rey-maualuga?id=79852

3rd Caldwell, Antoine C/G great depth and future (hopefully immediate) replacement/upgrade for Rabach

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/antoine-caldwell?id=71239

6th Reynolds, Garrett future OT insurance policy for Heyer/Jansen

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/garrett-reynolds?id=71453

5th Washington, Donald CB early entry that could be coached up, from a big-time program at Ohio State, good size speed for a NFC East corner

can at least contribute on special teams and push J.T. Tryon

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/donald-washington?id=80686

7th (Comp) Navarre, Jeremy a DE that actually fits our system, imo a younger version of our LDE Daniels, stout against the run

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/jeremy-navarre?id=89768

HTTR!

Archived