Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerry on Dallas Cowboys Romo: "I wouldn't trade Tony for anybody!"

bobbee1011

DANA POINT, Calif. – Having spent the better part of the early 2000s searching for Troy Aikman's successor, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones knows how hard it is to find a quarterback.

Jones showed his belief in Tony Romo sits to pee in 2007, giving the quarterback a contract extension with more than $30 million in guaranteed money. Jones showed that belief again Tuesday at the NFL owners' meetings at the St. Regis Resort Monarch Beach.

"I wouldn't trade Tony for anybody," Jones said.

So put to rest any of that fantasy talk surrounding a Romo sits to pee-for-Jay Cutler swap or any other machinations in which Romo sits to pee is not the Cowboys quarterback of the long-term future.

At the NFL scouting combine last month in Indianapolis, Jones said the Cowboys' plan was to make everything as "Romo sits to pee friendly," as possible. The owner admitted that played a role in the decision to cut Terrell Owens.

Jones said he did not consult with Romo sits to pee about cutting Owens but said the two have talked about the best way to utilize personnel.

"I think in the sense that I am quick to focus on that we want to do everything we can to have Romo sits to pee play his best, and I made the decision to release Terrell, then I must have thought it gives Tony a better chance to play at the optimum for the Cowboys," Jones said.

"We all know everybody has had quarterbacks dinged up or injured but taking into consideration the games he missed in analyzing his play during the year, I thought he had a better year last year on a percentage of time he played than the year before," Jones said.

"Now I would be the first to say, 'but what about the record and what about the playoffs?' and that's what it's all about."

Earlier this off-season, Hall of Famers Aikman and Roger Staubach said Romo sits to pee needed to understand all that comes with being the Cowboys quarterback. Even before Owens' release, Romo sits to pee said he would take a more active approach to leadership in 2009.

"To have his talent at that position and then have him exert leadership is a big ingredient to us winning," Jones said, "and so his awareness of those leadership responsibilities is encouraging."

Romo sits to pee has been a regular visitor to Valley Ranch, even though the off-season conditioning program does not begin until Monday.

Jones said Romo sits to pee's focus on his physical conditioning has been increased as well as his determination to cut down on turnovers.

Over the last three weeks, Romo sits to pee and Roy Williams – as well as some of the other receivers – have had throwing sessions to improve their timing.

"I've always been so amused about any talk of Tony and his focus on football and his work ethic," Jones said. "Tony's boring. He won't talk about anything but football and the Cowboys and how to move the ball and what plays we can run.

"I don't know I've been around anybody that's just that into football. I wish he would talk more about spicy things, but I can't get him to."

Dear sweet lordie...this has been the BEST off season EVER!

That joke of an owner/GM/coach/ball boy has just GUARANTEED mediocrity for the next five years.

AWESOME!

Only thing that could have made it better would have been if Jerruh decided to hold on to T.O. and Pacman. :hysterical:

Jerry Jones just doesn't get it.

When guys like Troy Aikmen, and Roger Staubach come to you, and they start saying "Hey Jerry, this is what we need to be successful..." you should start to listen.

This writer made one giant mistake. He mentioned Tony Romo sits to pee's name in a sentence with legends, and Jerry Jones made the second mistake by sounding like Tony Romo sits to pee should be treated like one.

Troy Aikmen and Roger earned it between the sidelines and in the huddle. Tony has shown his teamates and to most of us that in the most stressful moments he is lost somewhere in the limelight.

Archived